as posted from the on-going thread in the Classified Ads Section,

http://www.vq30de.net/~chebosto/nismo/nismo.htm

weights:
Wing: 10 pounds
rear valences: less than 1 pound each
side rocker panels: 7 pounds each
front bumper: 11 pounds
Error: +/- 1 pound

very very nice front bumper. the mesh is permanently attached via metal hooks on the rear. as for the side reflector markers. i'm not sure how i'm going to attach my orangies. but we'll see. the mesh is screwed into fiberglass.

overall quality of the kit. Super High. some spots are a bit rough, but you can see there are no dimples or divots where the look might suffer from "waves" that are normal in most Fiberglass kits.

test fitment tonite. .

--cheston

ps.

the wing is TWO pieces.

Last edited by Chebosto; 02-03-2003 at 06:04 PM.
Old 02-03-2003, 06:44 PM
Jill

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I hope you have a female in the house. Nice Victoria's Secret catalog underneath the sideskirts on the sofa.
Old 02-03-2003, 06:51 PM
Dr Bonz
Charter Member #19

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

I hope you have a female in the house. Nice Victoria's Secret catalog underneath the sideskirts on the sofa.

AHHHHH, Dude! BUSTED!
Old 02-03-2003, 06:55 PM
Chebosto
350Z-holic

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

trying to find valentines gift.

:P

did you know that the Body by Victoria comes in 7 different colors?!

pitty no daytona blue...
Old 02-03-2003, 07:06 PM
Jill

If you need a females input, lemme know. I'd love to help you look for gifts for your girl
Old 02-03-2003, 08:23 PM
articfury
Charter Member #55

Cheston,

Did the kit come with something to go between the wing tips and the body? Michael's kit has some felt piece on the tip.

Thanks for the update. Keep'em comin'

JD
Old 02-03-2003, 08:30 PM
daytona350z

nice kit!! one off of ebay right?
cant wait to see finished pics.
on a tangent now, i replied to your post about the stuff you have for sale, did u ever get around to selling thos track wheels&tires?
thanks
Old 02-03-2003, 09:04 PM
Chebosto
350Z-holic

Felt eh?

no. no felt here.
BUT, what i am going to do is,
home depot sell various sizes of window stripping material
which is water proof, and adhesive on one side.. you can use it to protect the body from scrathes....

you can buy felt but i think it might fall off. u'll need something weather proof.

i might modify the wing. i.e. have the top part replicaed in carbon fiber, to give it a more wow look when i get my CF hood in.

as for fitment. i wont be able to test fit until tomorrow after work. its freezing outside. and i dont want to get numb and crack something cuz i cant feel anything.

FYI. i got this kit from

http://www.bavariacarstudio.com

Eric, the owner is a great guy. if you want it then try going through him. tell him Cheston sent you.

as for legality issues: this is a NISMO-style kit. the front of the kit, the way the front grill is.. is slightly different from the real deal.
think minute details.

more images soon.

Originally posted by articfury
Cheston,

Did the kit come with something to go between the wing tips and the body? Michael's kit has some felt piece on the tip.

Thanks for the update. Keep'em comin'

JD
Old 02-04-2003, 07:07 PM
Chebosto
350Z-holic

some more interesting facts:

there are some holes on the bottom of the front bumper that are not drilled, so its not exactly slap on and go.

this might be slightly better this way so you can make sure the under body paneling fits perfectly...

im thinking of getting the rear top wing portion redone in CF as to match future plans for me of getting a CF hood...

also the CF deck might shave off a few pounds on the rear wing.

no test fitting tonite. i got back a bit late. sorry.

picts soon. promise

--cheston
Old 02-04-2003, 08:46 PM
johnlotusboy

Thats actually 10 holes not drilled in bumper cap and the others aren't big enough. The side sills don't have the end holes drilled either. There are some issues with reflector fitment but I'm having mine glassed over and smoothed out so they won't be there at all, also having emblem indentation filled. Paint guy said they would fix all the flaws and block sand it, he still said "It's better than average factory fiberglass pieces, just not perfect, but will be perfect when I'm finished."
I will have my finished/painted pieces back next Tuesday
Old 02-05-2003, 03:03 PM
Mr Fairlady

So its a Nismo style kit---COOL deal,.the price must be lower right??????

Tell me it is,..I'll get it if so

I'll be the first to admit I'll take a NISMO Style kit instead of the real thing believe it or not!!!SOmetimes they are flawless sometimes they are not!!!

Damn I gotta know whats up w/ that,..Please post pic's!!!!!
Old 02-06-2003, 08:28 PM
johnlotusboy

I had the grill from this kit powder coated in black and it looks less like chicken wire.
I also went and looked at the pieces at the paint shop. They have filled in the side reflectors and the emblem recess on the front bumper. The repair to the ripple in the lip and the few pinholes are complete. They are putting on the sealer then the primer and basecoat/clearcoat this Friday, unless some other flaws show up I'll pickup the parts Tuesday morning after I get off work at 6am. (rotating shiftwork sucks!) They wanted a couple days cure time due to the potentual flexing of parts while moving and installing them.
Pictures to follow soon!!
Old 02-07-2003, 07:30 AM
Chebosto
350Z-holic

thats tight! my kit is sitting here until i can afford to paint it. (im going to get the wing redone in CF to lighten it)

picts of the corner lites is a must! Please! thanks!

--cheston
Old 02-07-2003, 04:33 PM
1200tt

Thumbs down

This is really too bad. A company as prestigious as NISMO makes a kit that everyone seems to love. They've invested hundreds of man hours in development, and yet before there is a chance to bring it into the states, some damn leech is taking money meant for NISMO USA, making it even more difficult to justify Nissan to sell Nismo bodykits in the US.

Its what happened to TRD too...now TRD has pulled out of body kits in the US because profits sucked since everyone would rather buy an exact copy.

BTW you drive a sports car, not a fwd civic that wants to be a sports car.
Old 02-07-2003, 04:49 PM
Mr Fairlady

I see no prob w/ buying a 1 off kit!!! With the price of the NISMO & TRD stuff---Its TOO DAMN EXPENSIVE!
---Friend of mine had a 2001 GTS and got the TRD bodykit(because it was TRD) and it was like $1500-$2000 more then the Action Package that you can buy on the GTS--and it looked just like the damn Action package w/o the front Plate mounts or some ****---so they are making a killing off sellin **** that is to over priced.Everyone thought it was the Action package.

Some people will still buy the NISMO because of the name---But I'll take the KNock off kit over it for the price.---

OT: on my old INTEGRA--I bought the Japanese Conversion and got the knock off MUGEN BUMPER-like $500 cheaper---everything else was HONDA--and was in HONDA boxes-Fenders/Lights/CORE support etc--- and the bumper was Identical to the real Mugen bumper w/ out the Little tiny "mugen" plaque that goes down @ the bottom that most people take off anyway(most keep it on to show off that its MUGEN to those who don't know)People we're sayin that the Mugen was polyurathane and mine was fiberglass and that it will break easy,..well ya know what--if you hit anything your a moron for doing it and should be punished buy breaking it is how I see it!!hahahhah.But I never hit anything.

MORAL:
its up to the person and thier Budget--
Old 02-07-2003, 04:54 PM
KJ-350

Originally posted by 1200tt

This is really too bad. A company as prestigious as NISMO makes a kit that everyone seems to love. They've invested hundreds of man hours in development, and yet before there is a chance to bring it into the states, some damn leech is taking money meant for NISMO USA, making it even more difficult to justify Nissan to sell Nismo bodykits in the US.

Its what happened to TRD too...now TRD has pulled out of body kits in the US because profits sucked since everyone would rather buy an exact copy.

BTW you drive a sports car, not a fwd civic that wants to be a sports car.

I have to disagree with you on this one. Your saying that you would spend $2000 more just to have the "brand" and be able to say that you have the "NISMO" kit? Sorry, but I don't care how much money one has, if there were two kits sitting side by side that looked identical and the quality was great on both, there is no doubt I would save myself $2000.

People are waaaay to caught up on brand or factory tuner names today! And this is main reason prices are so dam high in the aftermarket! Yes I do agree that there are plenty of copy kits out there, some have crap quality and not worth a penny! but there are others with just as good if not BETTER quality than the "brand" named one!

Why do people buy a kit......b/c of the look right? Not simply b/c it has a small 1 inch stamp on the underside that is completely out of sight and is never seen! But then again I'm sure there are pleny of those people out there that will / do!

The key to this type of topic is quality! If its just as good, one would have to be flat out stupid to spend $2000 more for that little "NISMO" stamp! Do you honestly think the price they put on their kits, or any of their products are anywhere close to the costs of material or "value" for the avg consumer? And chances are "NISMO" is not even the 1st line company that designed or produces the product! EVERYONE outsources and uses 2nd and or 3rd parties, slaps their name / brand on it, 10x the price tag, sells to the market!

Last edited by KJ-350; 02-07-2003 at 05:09 PM.
Old 02-07-2003, 04:56 PM
articfury
Charter Member #55

1200-

I think everyone here would rather have the authentic NISMO kit. The problem is that NISMO has priced it out of the range most people are willing to pay. If they want to sell more kits, make the price more reasonable. I know there are greater issues than just lowering the cost. The price NISMO is charging for the S-Tune kit is what I would expect to pay for the R-Tune kit.

But, that just my opinion...

JD
Old 02-07-2003, 05:25 PM
Chebosto
350Z-holic

KJ has the right idea.
i was 8 hours away from ordering the Nismo kit, cuz i just got a raise here at work. but then that nite, i saw the Nismo replica and i called up the shop. i was hesistant, because i know Nismo is factory fit and all, but i just couldnt justify spending an extra 2000$ for something of the same quality and fitment. and yes the quality on the Bavaria kit is excellent, the fiberglass is suburb. FRP, fiberglass reinforced plastic is fiberglass with RESIN. RESIN is plastic. if you look at the factory service manual, our stock bumper is RESIN thrughout. so i mean, whats the big hoot about buying name brands all the time. sure maybe for suspension or turbos, but this body kit is nearly the same as the authentic NISMO body kit. when both are painted, i'm sure you wouldnt be able to tell.

do you have an xtra 2000$ to toss into a name? Two Grand is:
a Tien Coilover set with EDFC, Two Grand is: full exhaust system. Two Grand is a set of 19 inch rims. Thank god for this kit, else it would take me forever to get another mod.

Besides. more kits on the market allow "healthy" competition that will be better for the consumer like you and me. then everyone wil realize, maybe i'm not selling alot of kit because its the price that is getting the better of us.

do you really think the TRD/NIsmo body kits are worth the extra money?

another example. When you goto Costco, do you buy the Duracell batteries or Kirkland brand? You can get 20 Duracell AA batteries for $12, or 40 Kirkland AA for $12. Same Toys you're gonna be using them in. so what's the big deal.
Old 02-11-2003, 05:52 PM
johnlotusboy

Here's a picture of mine from E-bay with mods.
I will install the rest of the kit in the morning.
Old 02-11-2003, 06:21 PM
Mr Fairlady

well,..I do kinda like it,..looks like TOMMY KARIA esq' now,...hmmm,.I dig it,...please hook me up on the scoop,..how much was it to *paint*(not body labor,.fill-in's/install etc.)just paint labor & all for the whole kit + in peices if they gave you an estimate split up like that?

I might get up on that kit,..I swear it looks just as good as NISMO if not better w/ the Emblem removed!!

GOOD FIND BRo!
hats off to ya on the knockoff version,...I don't care what anyone says--Looks great!damn the NISMO,..I want the knock-off!

Quick Reply: Nismo-Style Body Kit