Sponsored by:

Removing the Rear Wiper

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2006, 05:06 AM
sry110

Received 36 Likes on 27 Posts
Default Removing the Rear Wiper

Hey folks...

I just picked my car up from the dealer's body shop because they were fixing some paint damage that occurred while the car was in transit from Japan. Anyway, when I got to the dealer I inspected the paint and everything was to my satisfaction, so I went on my way. Then while I am driving, I noticed that my rearward view was more obstructed than usual, and I realized that the rear wiper was laying across the window (from side to side of the car) instead of its normal position (along the length of the car). Those morons took off the wiper and put it back on 90 degrees from where it should go! The paint damage was on the hatch, so they had to remove the wiper and glass to repaint the entire thing.

So obviously now if I turn on my rear wiper, it will trill to sweep toward the rear of the car and either scrape along the rear deck, or burn the motor up if it can't get up over the weather stripping. Anyway, I need to take the wiper off and put it back in its normal position, but I can't find anything in the owner's manual telling/showing how to accomplish that. Can anyone give me some insight on this one?

NOTE: It is not an issue of the wiper blades being installed incorrectly (I can handle that...), it is the entire wiper arm assembly.

Thanks...

Steve
Old 04-12-2006, 06:36 AM
ZlleH

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

https://my350z.com/forum/exterior-and-interior/163310-another-rear-wiper-removal.html

Last edited by ZlleH; 04-12-2006 at 06:45 AM.