Sponsored by:

Help - car wont start - water around BCM

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2006, 09:13 AM
TiPIACE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help - car wont start - water around BCM

Hi Guys, need some help with a problem

Was washing my car today as per normal, opened the door and noticed the window didnt drop. Tried starting the car but it kept turning over. I thought the battery went flat as i was playing my radio for a good 2 hrs. Put it on charge, went to start it and it turned over. Drove it into garage and noticed my headlights were on even though the switch was off. My hazards werent working and my windows werent dropping when opening the door either, and my interior light wasnt working

I thought i had blown a fuse, opened the fuse panel and found the lid had water pooled at the bottom - this shouldnt be right?

I removed the drivers kick panel, felt around that black box with all the plugs going into it and my fingers were wet I stuck the hair dryer in there for a few minutes but i could still feel the black box was damp. Even the decal on the front looks all shrunk and rough, like wetcardboard or paper that dries after being wet. So i think water has been getting in there for some time now. My NATS red led on the dash is now permanently on, so i disconnected the battery over night hoping it will reset the security and ill try starting it in the morning......otherwise i gotta get it towed to a dealer

Has anyone else experience water inside the footwell thats caused similar elec problems? There is no water on the floor or any visible water other than on the fuse box lid. Its only when i stick my fingers underneath the black box that i can feel water