Notices
Exterior & Interior 350Z Body modification, interior styling and lighting
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone with the Satin Finish Z emblem and happy with the look?

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2006, 10:56 AM
ZlleH

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Anyone with the Satin Finish Z emblem and happy with the look?

Anyone have the Satin Finish Z emblem on their Zed and are happy with the look? Is the quality any good? I would appreciate any pictures. Does the finish match the 350Z emblem on the driver's side of the car? Would going with the chrome finish be better?

On another note, I'm thinking of taking of the 350Z emblem on the driver's side and putting "FairladyZ" on the passenger side. Will there be a difference in colour of the paint under the 350Z emblem due to it not being in direct sunlight like the rest of the paint?

Old 08-30-2006, 11:19 AM
noodleman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

mine has that problem, you can see the shadow 3 and the Z pretty clearly, probrably from my lack of maintainance around the emblem.

I'm going to try and give it a polish before putting on the Fairlady Z emblem over it.
Old 08-30-2006, 11:50 AM
GrumpyZ

I have the Black Satin version and it looks great on the front of my SB. Quality is just like the OEM emblems
Old 08-30-2006, 12:03 PM
rico3682

I have the satin finish Z emblems and they look amazing. Very subtle touches make a huge difference. They match the side emblems and the door handles perfectly.
Old 08-30-2006, 12:06 PM
ZlleH

Do they match the rear 350Z emblem?

Originally Posted by rico3682
I have the satin finish Z emblems and they look amazing. Very subtle touches make a huge difference. They match the side emblems and the door handles perfectly.
Old 08-31-2006, 04:32 PM
ZlleH

I think I've decided to buy them, Is there any sponsers that sell them at a lower price then courtesy nissan? I'd rather give money to a sponser of this site then to go to courtesy nissan.
Old 08-31-2006, 05:31 PM
PartsPeddler
Sponsor
Courtesy Nissan

Originally Posted by ZlleH
I think I've decided to buy them, Is there any sponsers that sell them at a lower price then courtesy nissan? I'd rather give money to a sponser of this site then to go to courtesy nissan.
Courtesy Nissan was the first sponsor of this site and for a long time the only sponsor. In fact, Courtesy Nissan would still be a sponsor here except two weeks after prepaying for a year of sponsorship, the ownership changed.

The new and current owner decided not to honor the previous agreement. As recently as two months ago an appeal to recognize the original agreement was ignored.
Old 09-01-2006, 01:33 PM
ZlleH

Well, I made the plunge. I ordered a pair of JDM satin Finish Z Emblem from Ebay. They were selling it for $65 + $9 shipping + $1 insurance = $75usd. They will send it by mail (1-5 days)

Before this, I emailed courtesy nissan. I must say their customer support people are very fast in their email response, they were a bit uncompromising. They were selling the emblem for $82, they told me shipping for two plastic emblem would be $25 O.o They would only UPS instead USPS so I would have had to pay brokerage fees and taxes at the border. That's $107usd before brokerage fees and taxes.

I'm glad I shopped around.
Old 10-17-2006, 04:38 PM
Agentman03

How About A Picture Of The Satin Jdm Z Badge Installed ??
Old 10-17-2006, 04:48 PM
halfass872

Is it rice to put the fairlady Z emblem on the back where the 350Z was if it's not a fairlady?? I ask cause i like the Fairlady one cause it's different, but i don't wanna be labled like one of those Honduh kids with the GTR emblems all over their stock civic! Not trying to jack the thread, only cause i noticed today that my local Nissan Dealer had Fairlady Z factory rear emblem in the showcase. Are the old ones hard to remove?
Old 10-17-2006, 05:50 PM
Agentman03

JUST ORDERED THE JDM SATIN FINISH .. What's The Secret in Changing Them ? Was there some deal about useing Fishing line ? or is that the Side Emblems ?? I Also ordered the silver Side Inlays ..
Old 10-18-2006, 06:37 AM
Mathys

I tried to use fishing line, but didn't like it.

Just heat up the whole emblem with an hair dryer. Then start putting some extra head on the top and you should be able to stick something underneath. I used a flathead screwdriver with some cloth, not to scratch. As soon as you get something underneath, start working with the heat again from that point all the way down. You can start to peel it off after a while.

I did put some fishing line underneath the emblem as soon as I could. This is a little more difficult up front as it's an inlay. You can then use the fishing line to cut the heated glue away. My fishing line broke, propably not strong enough. Couldn't be bothered with getting some stronger line.
Old 10-18-2006, 05:09 PM
Agentman03

How About Some Finished Pictures ...
Old 11-29-2006, 11:45 AM
nothingremains

pics please!
Old 11-29-2006, 12:09 PM
sponsorsthisway

Originally Posted by nothingremains
pics please!
Old 03-14-2007, 08:14 AM
dutchboy350Z
Finally some go

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Well I just purchased the Z satin emblem from Courtesy Parts.

Since my front bumber is shaved (Stillen body kit) I'm going to replace the rear nissan "burger". Don't worry fellas I won't flake out, I'll post pics as soon as it's installed.
Old 03-14-2007, 12:14 PM
Gralark

You will be very happy with the satin ones. I put them on mine and it was a great improvement over the chrome finish. The satins give an even flow in that they match the door handles and the other Z emblems.
Old 03-14-2007, 12:16 PM
Jay'Z
Banned

Originally Posted by Gralark
You will be very happy with the satin ones. I put them on mine and it was a great improvement over the chrome finish. The satins give an even flow in that they match the door handles and the other Z emblems.

+1, I have satins too!! Polish them with Meguiars ColorX and they will look Fuking bling!!!!
Old 03-14-2007, 01:36 PM
Track

Originally Posted by PartsPeddler
Courtesy Nissan was the first sponsor of this site and for a long time the only sponsor. In fact, Courtesy Nissan would still be a sponsor here except two weeks after prepaying for a year of sponsorship, the ownership changed.

The new and current owner decided not to honor the previous agreement. As recently as two months ago an appeal to recognize the original agreement was ignored.
I have both finishes of the Z emblem and they are both amazing.

I got both of them from Courtesy Nissan and had them within 24 hours of ordering! Sersiously; I had them in my grubby little hands the very next day. I LOVE doing business with them. Courtesy Nissan rocks!

I've ordered from them twice already and will be placing a third order this week. By the way, the satan badge perfectly matches the "350z" badge and the door handles.
Old 03-14-2007, 01:51 PM
dutchboy350Z
Finally some go

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Track
I have both finishes of the Z emblem and they are both amazing.

I got both of them from Courtesy Nissan and had them within 24 hours of ordering! Sersiously; I had them in my grubby little hands the very next day. I LOVE doing business with them. Courtesy Nissan rocks!

I've ordered from them twice already and will be placing a third order this week. By the way, the satan badge perfectly matches the "350z" badge and the door handles.
Nice to hear ... I ordered my Zignalz side emblems through courtesy as well. Definitely a good place to do business with.

Quick Reply: Anyone with the Satin Finish Z emblem and happy with the look?