Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Which Window Part ?

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2006, 06:48 PM
Samurai

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Which Window Part ?

How do I know if I should buy a new window motor, window regulator, or window switch ?

My 350Z was one of the first built, #254, and I have 97K miles on it. The driver side window has had some occasional problems where it would not go up, but a second try and it would always go up. A couple of months ago it started not going down. It would not go down for a day or two and then start working again. Finally it got really bad. I took the motor apart, emptied a whole lot of black dust, cleaned the motor and it worked again every time. That was for about a month. Now it's not working again, it won't go down many days, mostly mornings.

I was going to buy a new motor, but I see there is a regulator and a switch. How can I tell if maybe the switch is going bad or the motor ?

BTW, my passenger side window had the go up and come down problem and I've reset that motor twice to get it to keep working.
Old 09-01-2006, 07:02 PM
montarabob

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

"Bang" on the inside door trim with your fist. Early stages of fail will allow temp fix. Just like any rotating elect (starter ect) a sharp thump sometimes works. You need a motor.