Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bavaria Car Studio

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2003, 12:58 PM
Neuf350z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bavaria Car Studio

Was wondering if anyone here has had any experience with Bavaria Car Studio in Canada? I was told by Eric, at Bavaria, to get references from this board.

The reason I ask is because I ordered a spoiler from them almost a month ago and haven't received it yet. I know they're really busy, but my emails and phone calls haven't been returned so I'm worried.
Old 03-05-2003, 07:07 PM
principe

Default BAvaria

I order an intake from them. I did get it, they were busy. I sense that they are fairly new at this and are workin gout the wrinkles.

I have corresponded many times with Eric, very nice guy and follow up with all my calls and questions.

It took couple weeks but they did come through.

Call Eric and tell what you think. I am sure he wants to make you happy...
Old 03-05-2003, 10:37 PM
Chebosto
350Z-holic
Premier Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Eric is really cool. very courterous on the phone when i called him, he even called me back to see if i got the body kit.

They set up the group deal for the nismo wing, not alot of companies that sell their stuff actually talk to you on the phone, he does. he owns half of the composite company that actually manufactuers the body kit, so he told me not to worry about fitment. i trusted him and he delivered.

it was a pleasure dealing with him (haha. sound like ebay ratings now) but he has alot of things he's trying to get out for the Z community and i think its really cool...

they do just more than body kits, they sell performance parts too!..

as for shipping things? they're pretty darn quick. they got me my body kit from CANADA to So Cal in about 3 days!!!

--Cheston
Old 03-06-2003, 12:47 AM
Sup

Default Re: Bavaria Car Studio

Originally posted by Neuf350z
Was wondering if anyone here has had any experience with Bavaria Car Studio in Canada? I was told by Eric, at Bavaria, to get references from this board.

The reason I ask is because I ordered a spoiler from them almost a month ago and haven't received it yet. I know they're really busy, but my emails and phone calls haven't been returned so I'm worried.

They are a pretty reputable shop here in Vancouver (Richmond)

website www.bavariacarstudio.com/
Old 03-06-2003, 07:01 AM
Neuf350z

Talking

Just got an email from Eric to let me know that my spoiler is on it's way. Guess they are REALLY, REALLY busy so there was a delay in getting back to me. I think I was just being paranoid because I've been "burned" on online ordering before.

Can't wait to see it!! It should be here any day now!!
I'll post pics once it's painted and installed.
Old 03-10-2003, 07:56 AM
bucknakedru

I just recieved my spoiler from them and im a little concerned. First there are several imperfections in the wing. Also i think the screws are too little. I test fitted it and it isn't perfect maybe it will work when its tightend down.
Old 03-10-2003, 02:33 PM
Neuf350z

When I first looked at the screws I thought the exact same thing. I've left a message with Eric in hopes he can shed some light on this.

My biggest problem is finding someone to install it. A lot of body shops around here refuse to touch it. Anyone else found this to be a problem?
Old 03-10-2003, 10:13 PM
Z PHAT Z

buck
What are the those several imperfections? I'm getting the whole body kit from them. I hope the wing gonna be ok. Thanks.
Old 03-11-2003, 04:46 AM
bucknakedru

They are minor imperfections. Its hard to explain but on the rounded edges it looks like little chunks of fiberglass are stuck to it in some places. I plan to sand them off and don't get me wrong, they are minor. Overall the wing seems fine, but you get what you pay for i guess.
Old 03-11-2003, 05:24 AM
westpak
SFZCC

Well just because it is less than half the price of the original it doesn't mean quality should be less, it is 300 bucks after all for a spoiler!!! The original is just ridiculously overpriced.
Old 04-08-2003, 11:36 AM
z461

Umm, their phone # doesn't work anymore... Anyone know what happened to them???
Old 04-08-2003, 12:10 PM
djkern
Banned

Default Bavaria = RESELLER!!!!

PM me with information. Not to badmouth Bavaria....but, DO NOT USE THEM. THEY ARE NOT THE MANUFACTURER! THEY ARE A RESELLER AND I CAN GET YOU A BETTER DEAL FROM THE MANUFACTURER!!!

i set up a group buy for them and eric and quentin both screwed me over. i sent over 20 people to them overall....and they offered me next to nothing!!

so, if anyone is interested in any of the replica nismo stuff....PM me and i'll get you in touch with the manufacturer.

everyone comments on how nice these body kits are....but bavaria just buys them and sells them. they don't make them, they don't paint them...they don't do anything.

PM me with more information!

thanks,
djk

and, no, he doesn't own half of the manufacturing company. he is merely a reseller.
Old 04-08-2003, 11:28 PM
z461

Originally posted by VQracer
Is this the number you tried?

Yup, that's who I contacted. There goes 1000 dollars... Now who the hell can get me a Nismo kit, real or fake FAST?????
Old 04-09-2003, 03:12 AM
Dr Bonz
Charter Member #19

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

Someone on here (yesterday I believe) posted pics of their Bavaria kit NOT fitting well at all. They said the wing would probably work but that the front bumper was way off and looked terrible. I can't recall who it was though.
Old 04-09-2003, 03:35 AM
GATORZ

Default Replica Nismo Kit

I bought the FAKE kit minus the front from KCAERO(birdmanjr on this site I believe) the vendor who actually makes it for Bavaria. All I can say is the service was crap and the body kit is also. My buddy at the body shop gave it about a 4 on a 10 scale. I saved a bunch of money and he said when he is done it will look great but out of the box it is what you payed for. I know I'll be happy when it is done but when you see it for the first time you wonder if it was a good choice. I'm not hating on KCAERO.COM or Barvaria but the product is inferior to the real deal. I just thought it would be a little better quality...not nismo quality but better than something I could have gotten the local high school shop class to make. I'll be just as proud to have it on my car as the Nismo when he gets done doing his thing to it.

IMHO,
Dan
Old 04-09-2003, 04:05 AM
mdacko

Question

i heard kcaero.com manufacturs the kits for Bavaria. Are people generally not happy with the kits from Bavaria, or just kcaero? I have heard some complaints about fitment, which place did you buy it from?? Now im not sure what to do, because kcaero gave me a better price, but it doesnt sound like their kits are any good. Someone please give me advice? Does bavaria and kcaero make the same kit, or is bavarias better?? HELP!!
Old 04-09-2003, 04:12 AM
Z PHAT Z

mdacko
Reading all those previous posts. It seems that Bavaria got their kit from aero.com. So I guess all the kits are the same. So far Eric and Quentin from Bavaria has been good to me. They sent me 2 right side rear valence and I asked them to ship me the left one and i got it without any hassle. One thing that i had doubt about is how much they charged for shipping. The Greyhound receipt show $70 for the shipping and they charged $135 for shipping. I made sure about the price with GreyHound and that it doesn't cost $135 to ship the kit.
Over all the kit fitment is very poor.

Patrick
Old 04-09-2003, 04:13 AM
GATORZ

kcaero manufactures the kit and Barvaria is a vendor to the best of my knowledge. If you get a good price I say go for it but expect to pay a little more to your body shop to have it fit and finished to look good. Overall it is still a good deal if you don't have or want to spend the $2500 for Nismo and when it is done I don't think anyone but you will know the difference between the two. Either kit is going to come down to how good the body shop does with paint and fitting. A crappy fit and finish on a real nismo would look just as bad. As far as the material they are made out of...niether one is going to take a hit and stand up to it.

Dan
Old 04-09-2003, 05:07 AM
djkern
Banned

wow....all this bad news coming out. everyone was so pleased with all of their products. i wonder if they started to slack off??? but, bavaria is just a reseller. kcaero is the manufacturer of the items and the one who paints them as well (if you get them painted).

the number is disconnected to bavaria....no idea why. probably cause they are fakes and wanted to run! but, kcaero has always been helpful...i would go to them. i set up a group buy for eric at bavaria and i barely even got a thank you for sending him over 20 people. mention my name (david kern) to mike at kcaero (owner)...he might give you a better price. i've been sending him people for months now...group buy type of thing.

thanks,
djk

EDIT - eric and quentin at bavaria won't even return emails!! contact www.kcaero.com instead!

Last edited by djkern; 04-09-2003 at 05:15 AM.
Old 04-09-2003, 05:23 AM
350zSpeedRacer

I was one of the people that djkern sent over to Eric and Quentin. I didn't have a bad experience with them, but I ordered so long ago, that they weren't at all backed up. My spoiler fits great, just a TINY bit off, but no one notices until I point it out to them.

But after I found out what they pulled with djkern, I wouldn't buy anything else from them. Just in very poor taste to screw over the guy that sends you so much business.

Quick Reply: Bavaria Car Studio