Exterior & Interior 350Z Body modification, interior styling and lighting
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

* GRILLE TECH *

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2003, 09:03 PM
12SecZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Someone said that the black rubber around these drills looked ugly and cheap.

For the record the rubber actually protects your bumper from metal scratches.

Admin propmtly shipped me out silver ties, great grill great service.

Pics to follow soon.
Old 03-26-2003, 07:48 AM
TXSTYLE
Banned

Default Re: cheap grill scams on eBay

Originally posted by georgyo
This grill looks much nicer than the one I bought on eBay recently.

I am sending it back after nearly LMAO when I first opened it.
It was literally a piece of gutter guard flimsy metal mesh with a slit plastic tubing around it.

The tubing was not even attached to the metal mesh, - just hanging off loosly.
The tubing was still wet from being spray-painted silver and I got silver paint all over my hands just from opening it out of the package. Like I was going to install that thing!
Even if this would have not been such a piece of junk, I would not have the heart to drill holes into the front end of my beautiful new Z car to have put the zip ties into it.

If you are looking to purchase a new grill for your 350Z , my advice after being burned is to look at it up close first.

I am not going to bash the seller just yet, since they are initially offering now to give me a refund. We shall see though.

Just a warning- Good Luck!
This pisses me off just reading the story!!! It still amazes me how human beings try and "scam" others and or take advantage of a situation (supply & demand, new product accessories, poor cust. serv. etc.) Hopefully you will get a FULL refund without drama.
Might I inquire how much this garbage cost you?
Old 03-27-2003, 05:14 AM
georgyo

Unhappy Cheap grill scams on Ebay

For the record,
I paid $26 plus $8 shipping. I have since sent it back and cancelled the payment via my credit card.
Even if I really got scammed and this seller decides to dissappear of the face of the Earth, I am not going to lose sleep over a $34 loss.
The ad on Ebay was totally deceiving. It showed a Grill-Tech grill basically like the one that you have installed on a chrome silver track model 350Z up close, so that there was no confusion.
This chicken-wire with a rubber band thing I received would have been dented if a mosquito had hit it. You can see part of it at the seller's web site: http://www.technoimportsales.com
After all that mess, I might just keep the stock grill for a while longer.

Old 03-27-2003, 06:23 AM
12SecZ

Not suprising that their crack smoking website is down for me right now 725am PST.

Try the Grille Tech.
Old 03-27-2003, 06:45 AM
TXSTYLE
Banned

Default Re: Cheap grill scams on Ebay

Originally posted by georgyo
For the record,
I paid $26 plus $8 shipping. I have since sent it back and cancelled the payment via my credit card.
Even if I really got scammed and this seller decides to dissappear of the face of the Earth, I am not going to lose sleep over a $34 loss.
The ad on Ebay was totally deceiving. It showed a Grill-Tech grill basically like the one that you have installed on a chrome silver track model 350Z up close, so that there was no confusion.
This chicken-wire with a rubber band thing I received would have been dented if a mosquito had hit it. You can see part of it at the seller's web site: http://www.technoimportsales.com
After all that mess, I might just keep the stock grill for a while longer.
LOL!!! I'm comfident you'll be satisfied with the G-T.
Old 03-27-2003, 07:29 AM
georgyo

Default Cheap Grills on eBay- warning

Sorry about the above link to the crappy grills not being correct. It is actually:
http://www.technoimportparts.com.
You cannot see the whole thing on this site, but you are better off for that believe me.
If nothing else, this should make you feel better about buying the heavy-gauge Grille-Tech grill.
Old 04-01-2003, 07:49 AM
Welsh 350Z N

I have a Silver Race grille from Grille Tech on order - expecting it any day now. I'll let everyone know my experience but after initially seeing some bad reviews / confusion the latest threads I see have encouraged me. I'm expecting a good product and good service.
Old 04-01-2003, 07:56 AM
12SecZ

Default Oh yeah, here is my pic, love mine.

Large HQ pic less than 100kb
Old 04-01-2003, 09:10 AM
TXSTYLE
Banned

Thumbs up

SWEET!!!
Old 04-04-2003, 08:38 AM
Welsh 350Z N

Silver Race Grille Tech showed up yesterday - 3 days after I ordered it, in perfect condition, very well packed and shipped. It looks great - quality product. Can't wait to install this weekend. Good job Grille Tech Guys !
Old 04-04-2003, 09:11 PM
12SecZ

Gonna post a pic?

You will love it.

Just a tip, if you have a second person to hold it in place evenly it will come out better.
Old 04-05-2003, 09:40 AM
TXSTYLE
Banned

Originally posted by MaxHax
Gonna post a pic?

You will love it.

Just a tip, if you have a second person to hold it in place evenly it will come out better.
Amen to that!
Old 04-07-2003, 04:26 AM
Welsh 350Z N

Gonna post pics ASAP. Just had a wicked ice storm up here so was not able to install this past weekend. I'm probably taking the bumper off as I'm installing clear side markers at the same time.
Old 09-10-2003, 01:06 PM
grille-tech

Thanks TXSTYLE
Old 09-10-2003, 03:18 PM
MastaKillaZ

You know personally, I have always liked the Grille Tech style-wise more than the Street Scene but that's just personal. I've had my Grille Tech for about 7-8 months now. A couple of problems with it:

1. There seems to be portions on my silver grille that get blackened after driving for a couple of weeks... wouldn't be that bad but it's only in the center of the grille so it's noticeable since the sides remain silver.

2. After 6 months of being on my car, part of my grille is, well... f**ked up... after constantly cleaning the black stuff off the middle portion, it looks like the silver finish got rubbed off as well so it's now a two-tone grille with the middle being a black or dull dirt color and the sides being silver. and I never used anything but a damp rag to wipe off the middle dirt so I didn't expect the grille to be so messed up from just that.

Hope you guys don't have the same problem.
Old 09-10-2003, 03:35 PM
SungNamZ

Just installed the "Billet" grill from Courtesy Nissan. Small problem not identified in the install instructions. But, looks GREAT! A lot of "Kudos"!
Old 09-11-2003, 06:10 AM
kbsig106

Question Question

Originally posted by MastaKillaZ
You know personally, I have always liked the Grille Tech style-wise more than the Street Scene but that's just personal. I've had my Grille Tech for about 7-8 months now. A couple of problems with it:

1. There seems to be portions on my silver grille that get blackened after driving for a couple of weeks... wouldn't be that bad but it's only in the center of the grille so it's noticeable since the sides remain silver.

2. After 6 months of being on my car, part of my grille is, well... f**ked up... after constantly cleaning the black stuff off the middle portion, it looks like the silver finish got rubbed off as well so it's now a two-tone grille with the middle being a black or dull dirt color and the sides being silver. and I never used anything but a damp rag to wipe off the middle dirt so I didn't expect the grille to be so messed up from just that.

Hope you guys don't have the same problem.
If all else fails, could you spray paint it black and forget about it? I have the silver race style grille and my big hang-up is the damn zip tie's. My neighbor thought I had "Lovebugs" all over my grille and I informed him those where zip tie's.... You should have seen his face. Now he's trying to help me stealth the zip ties. We've already taken a silver sharpie to the black ties - still looks like $hit. So on to our next idea..... Anyone?
Old 09-11-2003, 08:51 AM
MastaKillaZ

I guess I could spray paint it black, but I bought the "silver" grille for a reason. just doesn't seem like I got a quality piece. kinda disappointed.
Old 09-11-2003, 10:31 AM
kbsig106

Default I agree - just looking at options

Originally posted by MastaKillaZ
I guess I could spray paint it black, but I bought the "silver" grille for a reason. just doesn't seem like I got a quality piece. kinda disappointed.
I agree - just looking at options.