Notices
Exterior & Interior 350Z Body modification, interior styling and lighting
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Emergency:Need help with Nismo wing install info...

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2003, 11:01 AM
FstQban

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Emergency:Need help with Nismo wing install info...

I need help from someone who already has their Nismo wing installed. When my wing came in the mail it doesnt seem to mold perfectly to the rear edge of the trunk lid. Also the winglet peices on the side edges of the wing dont line up perfectly flush to the trunk lid. Lastly the leading egde of the base(part closest to the rear window) doesnt sit flush with the trunk either.
Does anyone have close up pictures of a wing installed at those points so I can see exactly where on the trunk it is supposed to go. And how it sits when done.
Also are the edges of the winglet style pieces supposed to be raised at an angle or flush with the sides of the trunk hatch? Did anyone else see these same problems? I was told in addition to the standard screw points some double sided 3M adhesive would hold the base down to the trunk lid permanently. Does this sound accurate?
Thank you in advance for any help you can give me on this topic. I have 0 experience with wings or spoilers and am concerned though I dont know how rightly so.
As of right now they are trying to minimally sand down the edges of the wing to get it to fit more flush so they can use the adhesive to hold down the middle of the leading and trailing edges of the base. They are going to leave the winglets though as we were not sure how they were suppposed to look.
Old 03-11-2003, 11:16 AM
sdpearso

Post some pics or send them to me via Email and I will tell you if you are doing something wrong or if your wing is goofed up.
Old 03-11-2003, 12:31 PM
FstQban

I would be glad to but I do not have a digital camera. Could you post a pic or two of your wing up close? Thanks fo rthe offer though.
Old 03-11-2003, 12:54 PM
SKiDaZZLe
Charter Member #34

is your spoiler genuine nismo? my geniune nismo spoiler fit 100% perfect...

i dont have any pics on-hand, but you might find some on the board... if not, shaun's are around.

m
Old 03-11-2003, 01:59 PM
FstQban

finally found some closeups of the wing installed. Your offers to help are greatly appreciated but without a digital camera it is very hard to describe what was happening. I guess we will see what the final results are in hot import nights on Saturday!!!! No it is not a Nismo wing. It is from Bavaria.
Old 03-14-2003, 08:36 AM
TIMMY

Did you work out the problem? I have one on order from the same company.