Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Nismo ?-Tune Question

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2003, 12:03 PM
AAAA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nismo ?-Tune Question

As far as the other (possible) nismo 'tunes', the R-tune and Z-tune, whats the deal on the parts, specifically... there was a picture posted on here (sorry couldnt find it) of what i am sure was an R-tune with black Nismo rims and the vented hood. Whats the deal with the rims, does anyone know anything about them, are they different then the 18s on the S-tune? 19s maybe, cause if they are, i wanna wait and get a good picture of what they're like. Also, the pic had the same bodykit as the S-tune (pimp kit), but i hope they make a version in carbon fiber(just to make it hardcore and shed some pounds off this fat ***** of a car [i say that lovingly])) I guess this post is me venting because theres not enuf stuff for us to look at for our cars. Its like everyone either wants to grasp the first mod to come out from each Co., or wait a couple years till everything is out. Dammit, i wanna have the same stuff the Japs have (not derogatory), why do i get the feeling we're gonna get shafted with just basic Nismo parts, not the Crazy Shiii. Just me venting, i guess thats it.....

any Nismo pictures, please post.
Old 03-11-2003, 02:42 PM
dczoner

As far as I can tell the differences are:

S-Tune = Sport-Tune
This one is basically the equivalent of an "M3" or "Type-R" Z. A whole gamut of street legal performance & aesthetic upgrades that amounts to about a $5k-10k hike over sticker. These cars won't be available from dealers (yet), unlike in Japan.

R-Tune = Racing-Tune
This is an all out race car. As far as I understand the R-Tune includes a single turbo feeding a completely rebuilt & modded engine. Not street legal. I think these things start at like a couple hundred grand. I can't remember where I got this info, I think it was some magazine about Nissan's racing in Japan.
Old 03-11-2003, 02:48 PM
dczoner

Default Re: Nismo ?-Tune Question

Originally posted by AAAA
Dammit, i wanna have the same stuff the Japs have (not derogatory), why do i get the feeling we're gonna get shafted with just basic Nismo parts, not the Crazy Shiii.
American dealers will have every Nismo part available except the Nismo gauges (because they're in kilometers), and the oil cooler (not sure why not).

From the April Car & Driver:
$1500 exhaust
$1500 suspension
$2070 body kit
$2500 wheels
... more ...
Old 03-11-2003, 05:41 PM
AAAA

O I C, so are the rims different on the R-Tune, or can we not get any parts on it.

Good bout getting all the Nismo stuff here, guess i just want a Nismo catalogue in my hands....to drool over
Old 03-11-2003, 05:59 PM
Jason

Default Re: Re: Nismo ?-Tune Question

Originally posted by dczoner
American dealers will have every Nismo part available except the Nismo gauges (because they're in kilometers), and the oil cooler (not sure why not).

From the April Car & Driver:
$1500 exhaust
$1500 suspension
$2070 body kit
$2500 wheels
... more ...
SWEET. I know where my fall bonus check is going
Old 03-12-2003, 11:49 AM
dczoner

Originally posted by AAAA
O I C, so are the rims different on the R-Tune, or can we not get any parts on it.

Good bout getting all the Nismo stuff here, guess i just want a Nismo catalogue in my hands....to drool over
I'm sure you'd be able to buy the rims alone from the R-Tune, although I'd imagine they're probably the ultra-expensive, super light weight, low production rims 99.9999% of people can't justify purchasing anyways. If you happen to be able to: Send me a set too! Share the love!