Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C-West Rumor

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2006, 07:43 AM
Z1 Performance
Former Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Well, let me make no mistake with my statements - I dont know a single iota of information regarding any rumors, innuendo's or any other form of conjecture regarding C West or their US operations - none of my posts contradict this last statement, and it is the god's honest truth. I hope that is clear enough.

That being said, C West, like any other company out there, tracks the inventory they sell. When it is time to re-order, they order what moves. No company likes to have inventory sitting on the shelf for the sake of having full shelves -they want to turn product over as quickly as possible. This is especially true with items that are not even made in this country. Given the trends in this industry, the time for high demand on aero parts is late winter (February) into summer (July/August), as this is when people do shows, and are generally out enjoying their toys. During this time, they had side skirts, and many many other aero parts in stock for the Z. I know because we sold a whole bunch. Now, I do not work for them in any capacity - we merely sell their parts. If their numbers show that front bumpers sell 3:1 to sideskirts for the Z, guess what they are going to order heavy on next time?

Now I know that through the summer they had sideskirts and in fact, even had a sale on in stock ones for a period of time. So to say that they did not reorder would be false.

The last time they had skirts, I believe, was around late August. You can check the past vendor classified ads both from us and companies like A Spec to verify this, as we both had some inventory that C West offered promotions on (they were really good sales too!!).

After that, the season begins to take a big slow down. I know this on our end it's the case, because it has happened each of the 10 years we've been in business. I am sure every other vendor here, as well as people that work in other aspects of the industry, will confirm this.

If you had a specific question about inventory, or timeframes, you're certainly free to contact C West yourself and ask them. I'm not going to comment on what forum members may or may not have on order from other vendors. All I can say is that each time we've ordered from C West, parts have arrived to us in a timely manner, and 80% of the time, it's been in stock. For the times where the items did have to be ordered from Japan, when they gave me a time frame, that time frame held true. The most recent example of this was an order for some GC8 (older Impreza) parts that we placed during their summer sale back in August. A customer wanted the front lip, which C West had a great sale on, but also wanted sideskirts. The skirts were not in stock, nor were they on sale, but the customer wanted to special order them. The order was placed with C West, they told us 60 days for arrival, and low and behold, they arrived on time (couple of weeks ago), and were sent to us immediately, along with some other items we had ordered. Customer picked up their skirts last week and was very happy. I know C West has shipments coming in that are scheduled for arrival just after SEMA (so, a couple weeks out)

All in all, that's a brief (albeit somewhat obvious) lesson in market dynamics of this industry as a whole. Just ask Volk350Z (Brian) who works for Mackin. Ask him how much inventory Mackin is sitting on now, vs during, say, April. Or ask other big distributors here, like Injected (Marty) or I-M Racing (Darren) or any other person who's been doing this on a big scale for more than a minute, and I will guarantee they tell you the same thing. No one wants to look at a full warehouse everyday - we all want parts coming in and going out as quickly as possible. There are times of the year where that happens and times of the year where that does not.....the good guys out there, guys who understand the industry and who have been doing this on a full time basis for a number of years, plan ahead for these seasons. Those that don't tend to fall by the wayside.

Last edited by Z1 Performance; 10-25-2006 at 09:19 AM.
Old 10-25-2006, 08:48 AM
Andy@Performance
Sponsor
Performance Nissan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Old 10-25-2006, 09:18 AM
Z1 Performance
Former Sponsor

whew
but I hate Pepsi lol
Old 10-25-2006, 09:55 AM
Andy@Performance
Sponsor
Performance Nissan

Originally Posted by Z1 Performance
whew
but I hate Pepsi lol
Honestly I do too, I love COKE!
Old 10-25-2006, 10:36 AM
Motormouth
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

~snif... me too (twitches)

that was a good write up Z1. I see what you are saying. Rick is implying that that is not the 'real' case.

but then again, Gringott is obviously just rubuffing Rick. and if he has correct info, then he is right. No one can deny replicas hurt the market. the level of impact is the debatable figure.

>insert dead horse<
Old 10-25-2006, 12:44 PM
PumpedVA

good point but I am trying to find doluck finders now because I know how long the body/paint/new wheels process will take and want to be ready for spring seeing how last summer I was down and out for a motor build.

So in a nut shell anybody come across/can get some doluck finders PM a brother. I dont mine the wait on shipping just thought it would be a good idea to start now
Old 10-26-2006, 05:36 AM
buzzardmountain

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Well, let me make no mistake with my statements - I dont know a single iota of information regarding any rumors, innuendo's or any other form of conjecture regarding C West or their US operations - none of my posts contradict this last statement, and it is the god's honest truth. I hope that is clear enough.

That being said, C West, like any other company out there, tracks the inventory they sell. When it is time to re-order, they order what moves. No company likes to have inventory sitting on the shelf for the sake of having full shelves -they want to turn product over as quickly as possible. This is especially true with items that are not even made in this country. Given the trends in this industry, the time for high demand on aero parts is late winter (February) into summer (July/August), as this is when people do shows, and are generally out enjoying their toys. During this time, they had side skirts, and many many other aero parts in stock for the Z. I know because we sold a whole bunch. Now, I do not work for them in any capacity - we merely sell their parts. If their numbers show that front bumpers sell 3:1 to sideskirts for the Z, guess what they are going to order heavy on next time?

Now I know that through the summer they had sideskirts and in fact, even had a sale on in stock ones for a period of time. So to say that they did not reorder would be false.

The last time they had skirts, I believe, was around late August. You can check the past vendor classified ads both from us and companies like A Spec to verify this, as we both had some inventory that C West offered promotions on (they were really good sales too!!).

After that, the season begins to take a big slow down. I know this on our end it's the case, because it has happened each of the 10 years we've been in business. I am sure every other vendor here, as well as people that work in other aspects of the industry, will confirm this.

If you had a specific question about inventory, or timeframes, you're certainly free to contact C West yourself and ask them. I'm not going to comment on what forum members may or may not have on order from other vendors. All I can say is that each time we've ordered from C West, parts have arrived to us in a timely manner, and 80% of the time, it's been in stock. For the times where the items did have to be ordered from Japan, when they gave me a time frame, that time frame held true. The most recent example of this was an order for some GC8 (older Impreza) parts that we placed during their summer sale back in August. A customer wanted the front lip, which C West had a great sale on, but also wanted sideskirts. The skirts were not in stock, nor were they on sale, but the customer wanted to special order them. The order was placed with C West, they told us 60 days for arrival, and low and behold, they arrived on time (couple of weeks ago), and were sent to us immediately, along with some other items we had ordered. Customer picked up their skirts last week and was very happy. I know C West has shipments coming in that are scheduled for arrival just after SEMA (so, a couple weeks out)

All in all, that's a brief (albeit somewhat obvious) lesson in market dynamics of this industry as a whole. Just ask Volk350Z (Brian) who works for Mackin. Ask him how much inventory Mackin is sitting on now, vs during, say, April. Or ask other big distributors here, like Injected (Marty) or I-M Racing (Darren) or any other person who's been doing this on a big scale for more than a minute, and I will guarantee they tell you the same thing. No one wants to look at a full warehouse everyday - we all want parts coming in and going out as quickly as possible. There are times of the year where that happens and times of the year where that does not.....the good guys out there, guys who understand the industry and who have been doing this on a full time basis for a number of years, plan ahead for these seasons. Those that don't tend to fall by the wayside.

Given my current No-Luck situation, I'm having a hard time believing anything a manufacturer says. I can tell you if they're not gonna bring any side skirts, then they've lost me as a customer. I'm not gonna buy a front and rear bumper, only to wait indefinitely for side skirts. I've heard "4 to 6 weeks" one too many times.
Old 10-26-2006, 06:06 AM
B-Unit

anymore c-west talk and im gonna go nuts!
Old 10-26-2006, 06:23 AM
Z1 Performance
Former Sponsor

Who said they were not going to bring in more side skirts?

If you read my post they have at least 1 container coming in just after SEMA - there very well may be sideskirts on that shipment - if interested, I can find out.

They also had sideskirts in late August and maybe into early September, so again, they certainly have had them there on a regular basis.

I'll PM both of you and let you know what I find out.

As I said, the C West skirts, as an example, are certainly not the most popular ones out there. The board is a microcosm of the Z aftermarket - look around and see how many people's cars here use C West skirts - I'd venture to say it's under 20. So, it's not a super popular part and as such, a special order can and should be expected.

If you want to guarantee you get a set, best bet is to place an actual order for them with someone who has a reputation for supplying them (I don't think C West takes actual retail orders but not 100% sure). These parts are commodities after all, as there is a limited # made and a limited # brought in. Many times they are sold before they arrive. I know when I ordered my C West skirts 2 years ago this was the case - had to order, waited 6 weeks, they came in and have been on my car ever since. If you're going to hedge your bets on a set coming in that's not already spoken for by a dealer or shop, then you run the risk of waiting forever - that's just the nature of the beast.

As for Do Luck, I can certainly make an enquiry to Japan directly and see what they say - it will be more expensive that sourcing them stateside, but at least they will come in within a reasonable timeframe.

What alot of people don't understand is that some of the Japanese companies are here directly in the states - C West, HKS, Apexi, Blitz (now), 5Zigen. Other companies have merely secured the distribution rights to a certain brand, and often times are not capitalized well enough to keep a constant inventory flow. Often, we have found that it's more expeditious to just get the parts ourselves from Japan, rather than trying to go through the distributor. However, when the company has a direct US prescence, that's always, in our eyes, the preferred method.

Anyway, that's enough of my contribution to the thread...I'm done

Last edited by Z1 Performance; 10-26-2006 at 06:35 AM.
Old 10-26-2006, 07:04 AM
buzzardmountain

Who said they were not going to bring in more side skirts?

If you read my post they have at least 1 container coming in just after SEMA - there very well may be sideskirts on that shipment - if interested, I can find out.

They also had sideskirts in late August and maybe into early September, so again, they certainly have had them there on a regular basis.

I'll PM both of you and let you know what I find out.

As I said, the C West skirts, as an example, are certainly not the most popular ones out there. The board is a microcosm of the Z aftermarket - look around and see how many people's cars here use C West skirts - I'd venture to say it's under 20. So, it's not a super popular part and as such, a special order can and should be expected.

If you want to guarantee you get a set, best bet is to place an actual order for them with someone who has a reputation for supplying them (I don't think C West takes actual retail orders but not 100% sure). These parts are commodities after all, as there is a limited # made and a limited # brought in. Many times they are sold before they arrive. I know when I ordered my C West skirts 2 years ago this was the case - had to order, waited 6 weeks, they came in and have been on my car ever since. If you're going to hedge your bets on a set coming in that's not already spoken for by a dealer or shop, then you run the risk of waiting forever - that's just the nature of the beast.

As for Do Luck, I can certainly make an enquiry to Japan directly and see what they say - it will be more expensive that sourcing them stateside, but at least they will come in within a reasonable timeframe.

What alot of people don't understand is that some of the Japanese companies are here directly in the states - C West, HKS, Apexi, Blitz (now), 5Zigen. Other companies have merely secured the distribution rights to a certain brand, and often times are not capitalized well enough to keep a constant inventory flow. Often, we have found that it's more expeditious to just get the parts ourselves from Japan, rather than trying to go through the distributor. However, when the company has a direct US prescence, that's always, in our eyes, the preferred method.

Anyway, that's enough of my contribution to the thread...I'm done

No need to check on that container. That's the one I'm waiting on now to see if the side skirts are in there. Thank you for the offer.

Your post seems contradictory.

So, it's not a super popular part and as such, a special order can and should be expected.
The point I was trying to make is that I'm not gonna order the front and rear E-Type bumper (which are in stock) and then get stuck waiting indefinitely on side skirts. I don't want a 6 week special order side skirt carry over to a year wait. If they don't have side skirts on the container after SEMA, I'm done with it.

I would start believing the rumours of company problems if no side skirts are on that container. Just like no one would've been able to tell me I'd still be waiting on my No-Luck order almost a year later. This suggests to me that there are company problems over at No-Luck-Japan. Not all the problems can be blamed on the a$$-bags at No-Luck-USA.
Old 10-26-2006, 07:32 AM
Z1 Performance
Former Sponsor

My post is not contradictory at all - you just seem to want to twist what I am saying to suit your particular gripes.

As for Do Luck, I've already explained my experiences with them. As a result of all the incidents of parts not arriving, I only order that line direct from Japan now. It costs more, but it arrives on time.

As far as waiting on skirts, do whatever floats your boat. Just don't be surprised if/when side skirts show up that you find out someone grabbed the bumper you want. It's happened to me before personally, and it's a risk you run with parts as specialized as these.
Old 10-26-2006, 09:06 AM
HARRYPOTTER

they better not close down...i'm sponsored by them....lol
Old 10-26-2006, 10:45 AM
topsecret2001
Sponsor
Bulletproof Automotive

c-west receives a container approx every 2-3 months. their lead times are very slow on their special orders because of this shipping method. like most companies they ship a container when it is full, not when the product is finished in japan.

as for the side skirts not being instock, are we only referring to the z? i know for a fact that they have replenished their inventory of side skirts for other vehicles in the past 6 months over their past two containers. namely evo and s2000.

c-west's troubles are not soley here in the united states, but in japan too. the market is evolving and their products/selection is not up to par with other companies like Ings for example. they are losing their share to competitors and replicas...it's basic business and in order for them to continue to be a player in the us market they'll need to come out with some new product lines and defend themselves against the vast amount of replicas.
Old 10-26-2006, 10:50 AM
Z1 Performance
Former Sponsor

I hear ya on the market share thing. You need to constantly have new designs to keep up with market trends - it's true for any company but especially in the aero parts side of things.

As for lead times though, I've yet to have a problem and I've never had to wait more than 8 weeks for the stuff we order to come in (Evo, Subaru and Z stuff mainly). Obviously this will vary from car to car though, as it depends on stock levels/production cycles both in Japan and shipping schedules.
Old 10-26-2006, 02:13 PM
buzzardmountain

Originally Posted by topsecret2001
as for the side skirts not being instock, are we only referring to the z? i know for a fact that they have replenished their inventory of side skirts for other vehicles in the past 6 months over their past two containers. namely evo and s2000.
I'm referring to the Z side skirts. Since the side skirts are used for the "regular" kit and the E-Type Longnose, I'd think they'd keep some. But I guess they either have them on a regular basis or they're a special order. I have no idea.

So, it's not a super popular part and as such, a special order can and should be expected.
Old 10-26-2006, 02:22 PM
Z1 Performance
Former Sponsor

1. they have routinely have had them throughout the year - I've only had 1 instance where I had to wait for a set to come in this year. Every other time, they had at least 1 set there to fill an order I had. Right now they are sold out, so if you want a see, see #2

2. if you want a set and they are not in stock, then special order them - it's not HKS, they dont have 300 of 1 part number just sitting there. Typical C West special orders on a part like this (which is part of the regular production schedule in Japan) is 6 weeks, sometimes 8 weeks.

Why you insist on trying to twist words around is beyond me, but oh well - all I'm tryiung to do is offer some help through my posts since you seem to be getting the run around from whomever you're trying to get these from.

Last edited by Z1 Performance; 10-26-2006 at 02:36 PM.
Old 10-27-2006, 05:10 AM
buzzardmountain

1. they have routinely have had them throughout the year - I've only had 1 instance where I had to wait for a set to come in this year. Every other time, they had at least 1 set there to fill an order I had. Right now they are sold out, so if you want a see, see #2

2. if you want a set and they are not in stock, then special order them - it's not HKS, they dont have 300 of 1 part number just sitting there. Typical C West special orders on a part like this (which is part of the regular production schedule in Japan) is 6 weeks, sometimes 8 weeks.

Why you insist on trying to twist words around is beyond me, but oh well - all I'm tryiung to do is offer some help through my posts since you seem to be getting the run around from whomever you're trying to get these from.

Thanks for your help..........
Old 11-16-2006, 11:23 AM
buzzardmountain

Well here's to the continued success of C-West.

The sideskirts were on this container so it's a big to Do-Luck and their business practices. My C-West Long Nose E-Type kit is suppose to ship tomorrow.

I hope they continue to provide support and new products for our cars and that the rumors are just that.......rumors.
Old 11-16-2006, 11:30 AM
gringott

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Good stuff. I'm happy for you, I know No-Luck has been a hassle for you.
Old 11-16-2006, 11:49 AM
nisco

everytime i read Do-Luck, it makes me want to punch infants......
dag manit do i wanna punch the 2 running do-luck usa in the kidneys....

and it would be a shame is C-west went out of business, they make good products....

Quick Reply: C-West Rumor