Oceanside350Z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

update??????
Old 02-20-2007, 04:46 AM
slackjaw

Originally Posted by Oceanside350Z
update??????
According to the tracking info Darren sent, mine will be here today!!! Next step is waiting for my monthly bonus so I can pay the body shop without my wife finding out!! I'll try to post some pics soon if it arrives today.
Old 02-20-2007, 06:36 AM
stepuckey

just dropped mine off to the shop yesterday - should be done by thurs or friday at the latest. Hopefully get some decent shots this weekend.
Old 02-20-2007, 10:39 AM
slackjaw

Originally Posted by stepuckey
just dropped mine off to the shop yesterday - should be done by thurs or friday at the latest. Hopefully get some decent shots this weekend.
What is the estimate your body shop gave you for the paint/install?
Old 02-20-2007, 10:48 AM
Jun
350Z-holic

Originally Posted by Z33_SPL
Forsberg's car.

That doesn't look like Ings+, that looks like Vertex-type front and I don't know what sides...
Any pictures of the rear bumper?
Old 02-20-2007, 11:02 AM
Armando

Hurry bro...
Old 02-20-2007, 11:36 AM
stepuckey

well, I have a lot more work going in to it than just bumper paint and install. I *ehgmcough*unexplainably bent my fender pretty good and also had to get a new hood along with some other things being replaced, so my estimate would not give you an accurate ballpark to go by. However, I did ask one very reputable shop (works on mostly S2000's) about an estimate for just bumper install and he said $600. granted these guys are a little on the high side, so take it for what it's worth.
Old 02-24-2007, 04:46 PM
stepuckey

ok armando, I just got it back from the bodyshop, but only for two days, then it goes back for more work. but let me say, SWEET. it's awesome man. He said he spent about an hour and a half fitting it and it does look really good. the only imperfections are it is maybe an 1/8th inch short when lining up to the fender, but isn't real noticeable. Oh and the only other thing is of course the undercarriage plastic spoiler thing (that you have to remove to change the oil) of course is a little short of the bumper. And the splash guards do not quite reach the bumper to attach on the bottom. At least that's what he told me, so it looks like I've got a little fabricating to do. But overall it is sickk. I picked the car up at 5pm so tomorrow I'll try to borrow my friend's camera and take some prelim photos...but remember, it's not done yet!! I say it is totally worth it!
Old 02-24-2007, 07:34 PM
Armando

ok armando, I just got it back from the bodyshop, but only for two days, then it goes back for more work. but let me say, SWEET. it's awesome man. He said he spent about an hour and a half fitting it and it does look really good. the only imperfections are it is maybe an 1/8th inch short when lining up to the fender, but isn't real noticeable. Oh and the only other thing is of course the undercarriage plastic spoiler thing (that you have to remove to change the oil) of course is a little short of the bumper. And the splash guards do not quite reach the bumper to attach on the bottom. At least that's what he told me, so it looks like I've got a little fabricating to do. But overall it is sickk. I picked the car up at 5pm so tomorrow I'll try to borrow my friend's camera and take some prelim photos...but remember, it's not done yet!! I say it is totally worth it!
good to hear, Hurry & take the pics!!!! congrats
Old 02-26-2007, 11:10 AM
Oceanside350Z

pictures???
Old 02-26-2007, 07:33 PM
stepuckey

alright, so the guy needed an extra day or so (big surprise right.) anyway, I had to pick it up for a couple days to drive to work today, but gave it back this evening. I should have it back wed/thurs evening. Then, wash, wax, and pics hopefully this weekend. Man, I hate it when people pull this crap too, and now I'm the one doing it. Once I get it back I'll try to post 'em asap. Oh, and just one more time, bumper fit/looks just awesome - highly recommended.
Old 02-26-2007, 11:45 PM
slackjaw

Here are some quick shots of mine. Everything was well packaged and looks really good. I'm going to meet w/ the body shop guy this weekend for an estimate and to get everything scheduled.
Attached Thumbnails Origin Lab body kit-img_01038.jpg   Origin Lab body kit-img_01039.jpg   Origin Lab body kit-img_01041.jpg   Origin Lab body kit-img_01040.jpg   Origin Lab body kit-img_01045.jpg  

Old 03-04-2007, 09:27 PM
stepuckey

well, here are a few quick pics my friend took yesterday. Not the best lighting as the sun was about to set, but hopefully you can get an idea of fitment. Oh, and I measured the clearance and it seems pretty high. I thought it wouldn't look that good w/ out sideskirts but it is really not a big deal. From the middle of the front it is 5 1/4" and from the sides nearest the tire it is 4 3/4" off the ground iirc. I'll see if I can get some more pics later in better light.
Attached Thumbnails Origin Lab body kit-origin_front.jpg   Origin Lab body kit-orgin2.jpg   Origin Lab body kit-origin_front_side.jpg  
Old 03-04-2007, 09:31 PM
jinsei888

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

well, here are a few quick pics my friend took yesterday. Not the best lighting as the sun was about to set, but hopefully you can get an idea of fitment. Oh, and I measured the clearance and it seems pretty high. I thought it wouldn't look that good w/ out sideskirts but it is really not a big deal. From the middle of the front it is 5 1/4" and from the sides nearest the tire it is 4 3/4" off the ground iirc. I'll see if I can get some more pics later in better light.
Why not the get the entire kit?
Old 03-04-2007, 09:59 PM
Barzten1

Im dropping my Z off tomarrow to get the front bumper put on.
Old 03-05-2007, 03:52 PM
stepuckey

well, I don't really like the rest of the kit. I can't really decide what I want yet. Maybe greddy sides, or vertex? And I haven't really seen a rear I like yet either - although the tourenn rear is pretty cool.
Old 03-05-2007, 04:56 PM
xyberai

I love the front but does it bother anyone else that the front is so open and you can see all the various things inside? Everytime i see kits like that with huge openings in the front it looks so outa place to me (unless they have a big *** intercooler filling the space ) Maybe im just strange but i kinda like 06' grills and wouldnt mind possibly seeing somthing like that fitted on a open front kit.

Either way the kit looks awesome and after seeing it im gonna consider it for my car too (currently looking around for kits that strike my fancy).
Old 03-05-2007, 05:28 PM
stepuckey

heh, I was actually considering painting my washer fluid bottle flat black so it doesn't stand out so much. and of course I'm in the process of looking for some kind of mesh to cover the openings. I just don't want it to look like some cheap "oh crap I need an impromptu grill asap" job. I agree about the 06 grill too. Would be nice to have something similar to put in there.
Old 03-05-2007, 11:02 PM
Topics II

my car came out of paint last week. i will try to get pics of it tommorow for you guys.

Quick Reply: Origin Lab body kit