Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Colour match Interlagos Fire/ Plum Brandy

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2007, 10:17 PM
FibreGuy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Colour match Interlagos Fire/ Plum Brandy

Has anyone painted or had painted body kit or body panel in Plum Brandy/ Interlagos Fire? I talked to a paint supply store, they said that the process to spray that colour is used primarily on high end vehicles. I have talked to my dealer and his answer was the body shop they use would not be able to match the paint enough so it has the same colour changing characteristics of the stock paint. Any assistance will be appreciated as the driving season is fast approaching and want to get this work done before all the snow melts.
Old 02-19-2007, 12:26 AM
B-Unit

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by FibreGuy
Has anyone painted or had painted body kit or body panel in Plum Brandy/ Interlagos Fire? I talked to a paint supply store, they said that the process to spray that colour is used primarily on high end vehicles. I have talked to my dealer and his answer was the body shop they use would not be able to match the paint enough so it has the same colour changing characteristics of the stock paint. Any assistance will be appreciated as the driving season is fast approaching and want to get this work done before all the snow melts.

You can do it. When he says same color change abilities he means the fleck will not react identically to the stock paint cuz it was sprayed at a diff time, diff batch of paint, diff gun etc.

If you take your color to any able body/paint guy he will be able to do a job that no one talks poorly of and will look great and basically stock.

hope this helps.

ps, I have done paint and body on Z cars and others.

-B-