Jay'Z
Banned

Originally Posted by Ghost 350z
WOW this thread is still going on?
+1
Old 03-27-2007 | 06:36 AM
Motormouth
Banned

he was posting fitment pictures.... we got two and then he stopped.
Old 03-27-2007 | 11:25 AM
vze4fhpv

Jim, you've made two more comments on the thread but nothing about the pics, in fact no one has addressed the issue. Do you agree or not agree about the defect?
Old 03-27-2007 | 11:46 AM
Jim@Showstoppers
Banned

Well from the pictures posted its hard to say its "defective". In the first pictures, yes the latch is attatched to the hood, but it looks to me like the latch catch should be lowered. I'm not sure what your showing with the hinge, but washers/spacers are generally needed...

The one side shot looks about maybe 1/8" too far to the one side. I'm not sure if it could be moved over because I can't see the other side of the car. From the pictures, I would say it needs to be fitted better but I wouldn't say its defective.

Last edited by Jim@Showstoppers; 03-27-2007 at 11:48 AM.
Old 03-27-2007 | 11:52 AM
gringott

Originally Posted by vze4fhpv
First of all, looking back on my thread, I must say I may have been a little fired up about the whole thing. I appologize if I offended anyone, I was blown away by the amount of people on here that just need to voice their opinion without contributing anything to the thred itself. Most of all thanks for those who supported me and I empathize for those going through simular situations with any vendor.

I have already won my case as the cc company has refunded my purchase price. The only thing left to do is show others what I was upset about and for Jim to pick up his hood.

Here we go... this shot is of the underside of the hood, you can see the extra effort the shop went trhough to get this sucker to fit. We put washers in and took washers out to adjust the fitment with no luck everything we tried made it worse somewhere else. You should not need washers to make a hood fit, first sign of poor fitment.
The washers you are showing are on the wrong side of the bracket to affect fitment. All they can do on that side is keep the bolt from going through the hole if it is too big, or serve as a spacer if the bolts are too long, or give a larger clamping area than the bolt head.
Old 03-27-2007 | 11:54 AM
masterj26

Originally Posted by gringott
The washers you are showing are on the wrong side of the bracket to affect fitment. All they can do on that side is keep the bolt from going through the hole if it is too big, or serve as a spacer if the bolts are too long, or give a larger clamping area than the bolt head.

I thought the same thing but was staying out of it
Old 03-27-2007 | 12:03 PM
push

Just curious, but this really experienced shop put the washers on the wrong side of the bracket to align the hood? This 'shop' just lost a lot of credibility with me. I had a cf hood back in the day on my civic, and the fitment wasn't perfect and it took some work to get it aligned properly like using washers and lowering my hood latch. It took me and one other friend a total of 30 minutes to get it aligned properly. Not saying there may not be any issues with it, but I do feel like the hood could be adjusted better. From your posts I was expecting a 2'x2' square of carbon fiber resting on top of your motor.

Last edited by push; 03-27-2007 at 12:05 PM.
Old 03-27-2007 | 12:03 PM
gringott

Originally Posted by masterj26
I thought the same thing but was staying out of it
I couldn't help myself.

I personally don't understand the bashing of Seibon, everything I have purchased made by Seibon is much better than the products I have purchased from "JDM" companies. They do an excellent job of packing, and my parts fit great with some minor (10 minutes) of aligning. Some people cannot be satisfied, and by nature think the world owes them something. After reading this long, long thread, it appears the OP just didn't like the look of the hood on his car, and decided to go OEM. I was puzzled by that too, he had purchased an aftermarket hood, but then had to purchase an OEM hood when it didn't work out. Unless I am missing something, like his original hood got stolen or smashed or something. Help me out here.
Old 03-27-2007 | 12:27 PM
SweetDreamZ

Originally Posted by gringott
I couldn't help myself.

I personally don't understand the bashing of Seibon, everything I have purchased made by Seibon is much better than the products I have purchased from "JDM" companies. They do an excellent job of packing, and my parts fit great with some minor (10 minutes) of aligning. Some people cannot be satisfied, and by nature think the world owes them something. After reading this long, long thread, it appears the OP just didn't like the look of the hood on his car, and decided to go OEM. I was puzzled by that too, he had purchased an aftermarket hood, but then had to purchase an OEM hood when it didn't work out. Unless I am missing something, like his original hood got stolen or smashed or something. Help me out here.

I can say that seibon does make SOME quality parts. And am not siding w/ the OP as I think his pics were inconclusive. However, I can say that I received TWO TS hoods from Seibon, and BOTH had waviness issues. The CF was not braced at all, and was dented in the center. (same issue that drap(i think) had). These had to be chopped up and reinforced underneath in order to make the hood have a clean smooth finish.

The spoiler I got from Seibon, however, was a really nice piece. No complaints. It appears that their TS line is suffering and is not being caught through their internal quality control. Their reputation is being killed by it, and unfortunately, Jim is catching lots of heat from it as well.
Old 03-27-2007 | 01:30 PM
MethodRN
For Sale
Premier Member

Originally Posted by tattoo60012
Nissan = Authentic
everyone else = Replica
The idea or an authentic parts being made by anyone other than Nissan makes my eyes bleed. Even if Nissan oversees the production it's still by definition a replica. I give a crap less of Top Secret originally made a hood with goofy vents in it. It's still an aftermarket part and is not by definition original to the car, nor is it by definition Authentic.
It's like fresh frozen, military intelligence, Ebay quality, it's a misnomer.
/rant
Wow this thread is still going. To the OP the proof is in the pics. The hood does not fit. All I can say is shiet happens. As far as I can tell, no hard proof, seems like for every 2-3 Seibon products that fit well there are cases like yours. Not a great average I'm sure. You have to understand the forums skepticism.

As for anything that is not from Nissan is a replica, I'd have to disagree.

rep·li·ca /ˈrɛplɪkə/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[rep-li-kuh] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
–noun 1. a copy or reproduction of a work of art produced by the maker of the original or under his or her supervision.
2. COLOR="Red"]any close or exact copy or reproduction[/COLOR].

[Origin: 1815–25; < It: reply, repetition, deriv. of replicare to repeat < LL replicāre to reply]
—Synonyms 2. duplicate, facsimile; imitation.

Aftermarket as previously stated by someone else refers to companies that make a product in an effort to, in their opinion, improve what is currently available. The aftermarket isn't trying to copy what Nissan did. They are trying to CHANGE, whatever part you wanna apply that to. It's like saying, all aftermarket headunits are replicas. That would mean all the vendors at SEMA are replica makers. Which we know they're not.

This company calls the kit C-2

We all know the original maker is C-West

Now C-West did not duplicate, or imitate what Nissan did. They designed a completely different bumper. ExtremeDimensions on the other hand, down right duplicated what C-West did, did no R&D and can therefore, sell it at a lower cost.

au·then·tic /ɔˈθɛntɪk/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[aw-then-tik] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
–adjective 1. not false or copied; genuine; real: an authentic antique.
—Synonyms 1–3. Authentic, genuine, real, veritable

Not synonymous with original or OEM.
Old 03-27-2007 | 05:27 PM
sifuK

i cant understand why there are some people here that cant believe that a company can make bad products and sell them to people.
Old 03-27-2007 | 06:14 PM
Agentman03

Default All Siebon, Veilside, Fiberglass or Carbon Hoods

Bought a Veilside 3 Replica fiberglass compositive hood from Octane Motors c/o : C-West in california , It took thee Months from Japan to get it ,Also Having trouble getting it painted ,To Much to try to ship it back to caifornia , so I'm going to do the prep work myself, then get it painted, The trouble is they try to keep them lighter than the OEM Alluminim hood, and there light and flimsy glass plastic, compositives, and a lot of body shops dont want to mess with them , Mine has a full oem compositive underside , going to fill it with non expanding foam in between the support strut areas, then light sand, & use light body filler , and cover real good with a good can of comercial sem "Flexable " Primer can coatings before taking to a paint body shop who before saw it in the un'preped stage and didn't really want to mess with it or want a gross $$$ price with no guarantees of making it look acceptable after the shinny paint is dry ...
Old 03-27-2007 | 06:26 PM
Agentman03

Default VeilsideV3 Replica

Needs Some Z Lovers Tender Lovin Prep BodyWork ..
Attached Thumbnails Warning: Stay away from Siebon and Carbon LTD-newhood550.jpg   Warning: Stay away from Siebon and Carbon LTD-p_veilsidev3_1_07_550.jpg  
Old 03-27-2007 | 07:02 PM
azula

Originally Posted by MethodRN
Wow this thread is still going. To the OP the proof is in the pics. The hood does not fit. All I can say is shiet happens. As far as I can tell, no hard proof, seems like for every 2-3 Seibon products that fit well there are cases like yours. Not a great average I'm sure. You have to understand the forums skepticism.

rep·li·ca /ˈrɛplɪkə/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[rep-li-kuh] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
–noun 1. a copy or reproduction of a work of art produced by the maker of the original or under his or her supervision.

[Origin: 1815–25; < It: reply, repetition, deriv. of replicare to repeat < LL replicāre to reply]

Aftermarket as previously stated by someone else refers to companies that make a product in an effort to, in their opinion, improve what is currently available. The aftermarket isn't trying to copy what Nissan did. They are trying to CHANGE, whatever part you wanna apply that to. It's like saying, all aftermarket headunits are replicas. That would mean all the vendors at SEMA are replica makers. Which we know they're not.

Now C-West did not duplicate, or imitate what Nissan did. They designed a completely different bumper. ExtremeDimensions on the other hand, down right duplicated what C-West did, did no R&D and can therefore, sell it at a lower cost.

au·then·tic /ɔˈθɛntɪk/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[aw-then-tik] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation

+1, this is the truth
Old 03-27-2007 | 07:49 PM
myehrick09

Originally Posted by Agentman03
Needs Some Z Lovers Tender Lovin Prep BodyWork ..
I hope my hood looks and fit like that when it comes in
Old 03-28-2007 | 03:45 AM
vze4fhpv

The washers where placed on both sides of the hinge, in this paticular shot they are trying simlpy to line it up first.

But whatever, I figured no resolution would come of this... pics or no pics. I take the time to post pics and I get "that's not conclusive."

More time wasted.

The hood doesn't fit, Siebon sucks, and Jim does nothing about it.... people sell junk and then hide behind forum boards rather than maning up and taking care of the problem.

I'm done with the run around...

Last edited by vze4fhpv; 03-28-2007 at 03:51 AM.
Old 03-28-2007 | 04:15 AM
Jim@Showstoppers
Banned

The washers where placed on both sides of the hinge, in this paticular shot they are trying simlpy to line it up first.

But whatever, I figured no resolution would come of this... pics or no pics. I take the time to post pics and I get "that's not conclusive."

More time wasted.

The hood doesn't fit, Siebon sucks, and Jim does nothing about it.... people sell junk and then hide behind forum boards rather than maning up and taking care of the problem.

What more do you want? I thought you already won your CC chargeback case? Want a cookie too?
Old 03-28-2007 | 04:17 AM
Mike Wazowski
350Z-holic
Premier Member

More time wasted.

Kind of like you do with all the e-thug tough guy PMs huh?

The pictures were very inconclusive. You showed nothing to tell you the truth. It looks like you just put it on and took pictures. Oh wait, that is what you did do. Most likely a "good" body shop would be able to fit the hood, but that is not what you want now is it?
Old 03-28-2007 | 05:41 AM
Motormouth
Banned

Originally Posted by MethodRN

thank god.

Quick Reply: Warning: Stay away from Siebon and Carbon LTD