Exterior & Interior 350Z Body modification, interior styling and lighting
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Modded 2006 HID

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2007, 06:42 PM
deviljon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

it's not the blue that looks nice, it's the cut-off. it's when it flickers a bit of blue but you don't see it all the time. and it's not just blue, it flickers a prism of colors. what you're talking about is blue light all the time. to me, that's just too much. get it?
Old 10-04-2007, 06:47 PM
Zivman

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Accordaleer
The thing that gets me is .... the blue cut off looks classy? that means when you see that car a mile down the road the lights look like a nice blue.... then when you get closer theyre oem yellowish white, like a regular hid... so if i have that look of the car down the road, all the time..... im ricerish? yea ok.... makes a lot of sense.
You have no idea what you are talking about. a colorful and sharp cutoff that results in a nice flicker is what it is all about. The fact that down the road you get a look at the flicker and then as the car approaches, you seen nothing but white light is classy. HIDs are about putting the most usable light on the road.

For you to want the cut-off look all the times means two things
1.) you are absolutely clueless about what makes up a quality setup and what is meant by usable light
2.) you are a ricer
Old 10-04-2007, 06:55 PM
redlude97

The thing that gets me is .... the blue cut off looks classy? that means when you see that car a mile down the road the lights look like a nice blue.... then when you get closer theyre oem yellowish white, like a regular hid... so if i have that look of the car down the road, all the time..... im ricerish? yea ok.... makes a lot of sense.
Your ultinons will never replicate this, sorry:

And when you are trying to fake cutoff color with high kelvin bulbs, that is ricey. The definition of rice is performing a modification to a car that doesn't improve or worsens performance for looks. Would you give up 75hp so your car looks faster? I mean 300hp is alot already
Old 10-04-2007, 07:21 PM
Blazemaster

Accordaleer...
You're just clueless man, next time you see a new...and I mean new as in a 07-08 European car drives towards you at night from far away. Pay more attention to their lights and you'll see what these guys are trying to educate you on. Your hi kelvin bulbs cannot duplicate what this mod is all about, and will have that same ricer blue at pretty much all distances as it drives towards you. I'm not saying that I'd justify spending the extra $$ to get this mod, but it's cool if you have the time and the $ to do it.
Old 10-04-2007, 07:28 PM
Accordaleer

Originally Posted by Zivman
You have no idea what you are talking about. a colorful and sharp cutoff that results in a nice flicker is what it is all about. The fact that down the road you get a look at the flicker and then as the car approaches, you seen nothing but white light is classy. HIDs are about putting the most usable light on the road.

For you to want the cut-off look all the times means two things
1.) you are absolutely clueless about what makes up a quality setup and what is meant by usable light
2.) you are a ricer

Glad to see fellow Z drivers being such a jerkoff, instead of educating someone politely or respecting their opinion, but thats what this world is all about though right? I understand the flicker, 6k are NOT dark blue, get over it. Philips are very high quality and put out much more light than halogen. I went with 6k to have good light output but a slight tint of color, so im a ricer.... ok, dont get me started on rice... theres plenty of things to pick at but i wont. I guess im the ONLY one on the boards that got 6k's. Guess what, Ive yet to meet one person that says stock look better than mine, friends and family like them, and i love them so thats all that matters.

So if anyones friendly, wonder what mine would look like with a different lense.

BTW, am i a ricer because i converted my Z to FWD, and put a huge wing on the back, with tons of decals and 22's? Gee i sure hope not....
Old 10-04-2007, 07:36 PM
Accordaleer

Oh heres me being a ricer. It's a honda http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yrUfD5YDx-c AWD, hence the rears smoking, =)
Old 10-04-2007, 08:23 PM
Zivman

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

Glad to see fellow Z drivers being such a jerkoff, instead of educating someone politely or respecting their opinion, but thats what this world is all about though right? I understand the flicker, 6k are NOT dark blue, get over it. Philips are very high quality and put out much more light than halogen. I went with 6k to have good light output but a slight tint of color, so im a ricer.... ok, dont get me started on rice... theres plenty of things to pick at but i wont. I guess im the ONLY one on the boards that got 6k's. Guess what, Ive yet to meet one person that says stock look better than mine, friends and family like them, and i love them so thats all that matters.

So if anyones friendly, wonder what mine would look like with a different lense.

BTW, am i a ricer because i converted my Z to FWD, and put a huge wing on the back, with tons of decals and 22's? Gee i sure hope not....
I don't respect your opinion because it is based off of misinformation and misleads others that may read your posts. moving to a higher kelvin rating is a joke and is most definitely rice
Old 10-04-2007, 08:53 PM
deviljon

Guess what, Ive yet to meet one person that says stock look better than mine, friends and family like them, and i love them so thats all that matters.
that's because they're friends and family, they HAVE to like it.
Old 10-04-2007, 08:54 PM
Accordaleer

Yes sir, king decider of whats rice and what isnt. I pray no exotics ever use even 5k..... otherwise you go over to the lambo factory and stamp each car with a big ricer stamp right? lol... chill out man, go smoke a blunt, you get a little too worked up over LIGHT BULBS. 5k is white correct? so 5800 is DARK blue then right? that 800... turns it to the blueberry. I am rice, i bow down to you. Think i need to shower from all the sarcasm dripping off of me.
Old 10-04-2007, 08:57 PM
Accordaleer

Originally Posted by deviljon
that's because they're friends and family, they HAVE to like it.

Wrong, my friends rag on each others cars if they do something that looks or sounds like ****..... giant fart can on friends civic.... useless noisemaker. The endless decals, tuned ecu for a civic that doesnt even have abs or vtec and is a 02 lol.... were honest. Not really your friends if they bs you, i feel. Whenever im next to a car with stock hid's i go wow mine look great
Old 10-04-2007, 08:57 PM
usmanasif

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good lord Accordaleer! You still haven't given up on your completely baseless argument? I have never seen anyone stubborn enough to deny established laws of Physics. LOOK UP KELVIN RATINGS AND THEIR EFFECT ON LUMINOUS INTENSITY or shut the hell up and you just might learn something. We are not making this crap up.

Poll anyone who buys a high Kelvin HID bulb and I'll bet anything an overwhelming majority will tell you they equate higher Ks with brighter light, not dimmer. The first rainstorm at night usually clears that up for 8k+ HID owners very quickly.
Old 10-04-2007, 09:02 PM
Accordaleer

When did i say higher kelvin means greater output? quote me please..... all i said was i stand behind my ultinons, they dont look ricerish and theyre not dim whatever. They MAY be slightly less bright than stock, but since theyre close to white than yellow, they illuminate signs and road lanes much better. Again i live in total rural area and have NO problem with 6000k. You keep pushing that concept on me, but the thing is i know already, i saw the thread about the lense months ago and like it, i still wanted a slighltly more white color to my beam. And you forget my lense is bigger bi xenon, not halogen hi beams.
Old 10-04-2007, 09:49 PM
Ivory

I hate for every lighting thread to turn into a battle.

but at the end of the day there are two kinds of people about HIDs...

the ones that bash everything that's not stock
and the ones that has little clue about what HID is about and bash what is stock.

Neither one is right in stating extreme opinions I think...

he likes what he likes and at least he paid big money for the right company instead of 35 dollar pair ebay bulbs.

but that doesn't mean he is right in mis-informing in any shape or form that 6K is somehow better performance wise than stock.

He can think it's better because he likes it better that's it.

though you guys have a good idea what makes a flicker attractive, it's not the only thing that people should like just like people would think their car color is the best out of the line up, doesnt make them wrong, just preferences at the end of the day.

BUT I will say this. you will NEVER get more light than stock short of a higher wattage ballast and bulbs. higher kelvin bulbs might appear to light up signs better to you because of CONTRAST not brightness. Please don't lead people to think that it's okay to drive with anything above stock without informing that they are venturing into dangerous territories when over done.

anything over 6K you might as well stick to halogen is my bottom line.

they look pretty but I will never use anything above stock and MAYBE 5000K from philips for the whitish look.

Here's a chart for the philips lineup

lighting is suppose to be fun..so stop fighting and drive safe.
Old 10-04-2007, 09:50 PM
usmanasif

When did i say higher kelvin means greater output? quote me please.....
Did I say that about you or the "overwhelming majority" of those who buy higher-K bulbs?

What you have however, is a staunch belief in completely/laughably incorrect luminosity specs (as you proved in the other thread) for Kelvin ratings which you continuously use to try and prove that even ridiculously high Kelvin bulbs are actually brighter than a cheap halogens.

I have wasted more time on you than I care to, so I wish you well in your misguided beliefs. Have fun with those 14K bulbs you "might buy for ***** and giggles" since they "look bright as hell".
Old 10-04-2007, 10:05 PM
Accordaleer

you should be called "mr i blow things out of porportion" lol, your the one getting mad, im just typing cuz i cant sleep and playing wii tennis. ok those specs suck, fastest thing i could find. I dont think 14k are bright as hell, ive seen them on the highway and they really stick out, theyre pink though, 12k is pure purple, on a show car theyd look great but for 90 dollars i would pop them in just to have people go holy **** look at that. I wouldnt keep them in like i said..... so chill man. Good lookin out Ivory, but again i never said stock is bad, or didnt intend it, i just like to stand out and not look like every other hid car. isnt that the reason why any of us do any cosmetic mod? to be unique. And i wouldnt say anything higher than stock is dangerious honestly, again im not fighting just telling from experience, i see deer FINE with 6k. I know by specs and nature that stock is brighter, but like i said 6k just illuminates things better since it has some color to it, if not that then the white in it does it. And im at 5800k actually, philips is a good brand but they lie lol

So many wasted posts on trying to explain things i already knew, ive seen many charts trust me.... only thing i hate is my led parking lights are like pure white and dont match my beams. So who was the one who does these for lenses btw lol.
Old 10-04-2007, 10:12 PM
Ivory

I do color-mods aka lens swap.

and you will never be able to match LEDs bc they are mono-chromatic (single wavelength) also white LEDs are actually blue LEDs with coating on the diode.
Old 10-05-2007, 12:30 AM
deviljon

okay so how much for that sharp cut-off ivory? would you be able to black house at the same time?
Old 10-05-2007, 05:17 AM
Ivory

I can.

It's $250 for the color-mod and $150 for HVLP painted housing. shipping not included. Be sure you give me a notice before requesting an order, the lens for the 350z swap is hard to come by.
Old 10-05-2007, 06:59 AM
deviljon

i'll let you know when i'm ready to do this.. do you have pics of your work (black housing headlights) and how much down time are we looking at?
Old 10-05-2007, 09:28 AM
Ivory

1 day for swap and 2 days for painted housing. so at least 2 days before it turns around.

Obsidian Black

Matte Black

Quick Reply: Modded 2006 HID