Notices
Exterior & Interior 350Z Body modification, interior styling and lighting

Front License plate braket?

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2007 | 08:17 PM
BhashaZ

You guys can also try the BhashaZ-Bracket. It's much cheaper and you don't have to drill any holes.

What you need:
- OEM front lincense plate bracket (should have this)
- 2 small nuts/bolts (should be able to find this)
- your front license plate (should have this)
- frame (optional)
- 3M tape (should have this or be able to find it)

Use a small nut/bolt to attach your front license plate onto the bracket. If you want, you can also add a license plate frame as well at this point (to make it look more legit in case you're getting a front plate ticket signed off). Next, look on the back side of your OEM front license plate bracket. There are 2 1"x1" squares on the back side. Get some 3M tape and place onto the squares. Clean your front bumper up where the tiny indentations are (where you would normally drill). Peel off the other side of the 3M tape and apply the bracket/license plate combo on your front bumper. You're done.

Total time should be about 2 minutes. You can use 3M 1lb mounting squares (light duty) for a temporary solution--i.e., need to get your front plate violation corrected. I found mine at Staples. Or you can use the 3M tape with the grey backing for a more permanent option. Of course, I haven't tried the 3M tape with the gray backing, but it should work well since I believe it is weather proof and VERY strong. As an added bonus, you can take it off for shows/meets if you want.
Old 06-19-2007 | 08:27 PM
efx

hmm.. 3m tape vs ziptie. Well w/ the zipties, you can just cut them off. W/ the 3m tape, you have to use alcohol.
Old 06-19-2007 | 08:31 PM
BhashaZ

<--- me for not reading oneDIRTYz's post

Edit: on a side note, I tried the zip-tie method myself when I got a ticket last October, but the zip ties that I had were too short, so I could only use the plate itself with no bracket. I went down to the Sherrif's station to get the violation written off and the lady there laughed and said I couldn't use zip ties.

Last edited by BhashaZ; 06-19-2007 at 08:34 PM.
Old 06-19-2007 | 10:01 PM
onedirtyz
my car is dirty

Originally Posted by BhashaZ
<--- me for not reading oneDIRTYz's post

Edit: on a side note, I tried the zip-tie method myself when I got a ticket last October, but the zip ties that I had were too short, so I could only use the plate itself with no bracket. I went down to the Sherrif's station to get the violation written off and the lady there laughed and said I couldn't use zip ties.
yeah i put mine on cuz i had to get a ticket signed off......the guy didn't even come out to check if my plates were on, he just asked and said yes sir and he signed it and told me to leave. but if you take a look at the pics i posted.....it looks like it's bolted on. unless you stop and think about it for a sec.....then you'd realize the bolts go through thin air
Old 06-19-2007 | 10:03 PM
onedirtyz
my car is dirty

just to clarify where they're tied through on the black bracket...i took this pic to help someone figure it out. thought i'd post it here too.
Attached Thumbnails Front License plate braket?-zip-tie-bracket-001.jpg  
Old 06-20-2007 | 10:45 AM
efx

thx bro.. took like 5 min this morning.
Old 06-20-2007 | 11:43 AM
onedirtyz
my car is dirty

no prob.. i'm not a bro though
Old 06-20-2007 | 11:56 AM
dlperrien

stillen has a front license plate bracket that screws into the factory tow hole
www.stillen.com
Old 06-20-2007 | 12:27 PM
tranceformer95

Originally Posted by dlperrien
stillen has a front license plate bracket that screws into the factory tow hole
www.stillen.com
Thats what i bought. It's pricey but Its easy to remove and reinstall.

Old 06-20-2007 | 04:24 PM
efx

Originally Posted by oneDIRTYz
no prob.. i'm not a bro though
its alright bro, wanna hang out and play some game cube? lulz
Old 06-20-2007 | 05:01 PM
onedirtyz
my car is dirty

uh..what?
Old 07-06-2007 | 11:46 AM
jbenedict

Default Z-Bracket

Anyone know how much airflow the Z-Bracket interferes with going into the radiator (if it does at all)? Some bonehead here at work is trying to tell me that my car will overheat with it on there. He doesn't care that I have had it on there for over a year w/o overheating.....some people....
Old 07-09-2007 | 04:19 PM
dedmoonstears

another letter fro the higher ups.....

FRC West, the comments below are from our Naval Air Station XO. This should be common knowledge for all hands but since it appears that several people do not know the requirements (or are simply breaking the law) I figured I better send this out. Do what's right, carry the right paperwork, and don't make our security department waste time listening to excuses. Thank you! V/R AFCM Lyons

Still way too many vehicles don’t have critical documentation in the car. Pls help remind everyone that current registration and proof of insurance are required to operate a vehicle aboard the air station (assuming of course a valid DL as well). That said, there’s also far too many California cars w/o front plates – as is required by CVC. Three of the nine didn’t have a front plate despite California registration. List of excuses is long, but none are valid. Fair warning, at future check points and saturation patrols we’ll cite for lack of front plates.