Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Leather Swap

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2007, 01:27 PM
Douglas31

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Leather Swap

I have an 05 Enthusiast and found leather seats to replace my cloth ones. Does anyone know if i will need to get a harness or what i have to do to get them to work since they are power and mine arent?
Old 06-26-2007, 03:11 PM
Voboy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

you gotta tap power from the cig lighter or something of that matter... there's a thread somewhere...Dave@activetuning did it
Old 06-26-2007, 03:16 PM
Z-T

Originally Posted by Douglas31
I have an 05 Enthusiast and found leather seats to replace my cloth ones. Does anyone know if i will need to get a harness or what i have to do to get them to work since they are power and mine arent?
Where did you find the seats?
I was thinking about doing the same thing
Old 07-01-2007, 07:04 AM
Douglas31

I had got them on Ebay. They are practically brand new. Awesome deal. However i can not find any wiring diagrams to figure out which harness is for what. My old seats and new ones both have the air bags so those harness's will plug right up. I have extra plugs in my car and im not sure which one needs to go to what on the leather ones or if they even work. Anyone know?
Old 07-01-2007, 07:20 AM
VENOMSZ

I thought they just plugged in.
Old 07-01-2007, 08:30 AM
SuperBlack350z

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Douglas31
I had got them on Ebay. They are practically brand new. Awesome deal. However i can not find any wiring diagrams to figure out which harness is for what. My old seats and new ones both have the air bags so those harness's will plug right up. I have extra plugs in my car and im not sure which one needs to go to what on the leather ones or if they even work. Anyone know?

yeah, those are the ones sold in virginia. good deal. those seats are great.
Old 07-02-2007, 03:28 PM
Douglas31

They do just plug in. But i dont have any power to them. Im guessing since my Z is an Enthusiast without power seats that the harness is just not connected somewhere else in the car or there is a fuse that needs to be put in somewhere.
Old 07-02-2007, 05:34 PM
sickle_411

check the fuse block, it might not have a fuse there since it didnt come with power seats.
Old 07-03-2007, 02:15 AM
Douglas31

checked both fuse boxes. Doesnt list anything for the power seats. Does for the heated seats and the fuse is there.
Old 07-03-2007, 02:32 AM
JDMFairladyZ33

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Pm'd you.
Old 07-06-2007, 01:51 PM
Douglas31

Still no luck on getting power to the harness. I have called numerous dealers and havent gotten anywhere. One seems to think they can help(for a fee of course). Taking the car to a dealer on Mon. to see if i can get anywhere.
Old 07-06-2007, 03:47 PM
Voboy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You got to splice into the harness to get the seat adjustments to work... no idea on heat switches. I'm about to do this myself in a week or two.

Here found it:

http://www.activetuning.com/blog/200...ats-are-in.php
Old 07-06-2007, 05:59 PM
Douglas31

Thanks for the info. I know i can tap into something and run my own wires but that is not what i am trying to do. The enthusiast with the seat air bag option already has the wiring harness for the power seats in them. So i am trying to use the pre-existing harness. Everything plugs right up but the pre-existing harness does not have any power to it. Since it didnt come with the power seats, the wiring for that harness has to not be connected somewhere. Also the pre-existing wiring for the heated seats is there and does have the required power to it. So if i can get power to the existing harness then everything can be connected (power and heated seats) all by factory connections like the car came with it. Just trying to keep everything somewhat original.
Old 07-11-2007, 10:09 AM
Douglas31

OK, so the dealership said i need a different BCM. I looked online at the parts catalog and it shows that the BCM is the same no matter if it is an enthusiast or touring so what the dealership said doesnt make sense. Any help?
Old 07-13-2007, 11:11 AM
terrywyser

Hi, I have just got some oem leather seats for my base model, still waiting for them to arrive, so very interested in your post. I have ordered the heated switch buttons as well, So the harness for the heated part of the seats was already there and you could plug straight into this (i presume this was hooked up already to a fuse and relay) did you use original heated switches or make your own.

but you have no power to the part that supplys the seat motors?
Old 07-19-2007, 03:04 PM
JDMFairladyZ33

For the heating you will need the 2 switches, main harness, subharness, relay, and reconfigure your BCM. I don't have all the info at the moment but once you get power to the seats you need to get:

Parts number:

Switches R and L: 25500-AX610 and 25500-AX600

Main harness: 24019-CD001

Heating relay: 25500-AX610

I can't remember the subharness but there is one that connects from the main one to the relay. The relay will be sitting next to your cig lighter. Easiest way to do this is find somebody with a touring or gt model and trace the parts. Wiring is a bi_ch because they don't have the exact number in the parts database. All the parts numbers are looked up from the white tags on the parts themselves from the car.
Old 07-19-2007, 03:18 PM
Douglas31

I finally got the seats in and power to them. They look great. What i found was that everything was pre-wired but on the super mutli junction harness it was pinned on one side but not on the other. The power source comes from the bcm from the same lead as the power windows. Even though it came with the harnes for the power seats, the splice into the power window lead was not there. So what i had to do was go to the dealership and buy a pin for the side of the SMJ that wasnt pinned and connect it to the factory splice for the power windows. Plugged everything back up and it all worked. I have already purchased the switches for the heated seats but havent tackled that project yet. I'm sure that will be just as fun.
Old 07-19-2007, 03:24 PM
JDMFairladyZ33

If you get the heating working it would be great if you write a DIY. Sounds like you got seats powered the proper way. There hasn't been a good DIY thread about this with correct parts numbers and directions so if you could submit that it would be a big help to this forum. I stopped at the heating and never got time to tackle that project.