Notices
Exterior & Interior 350Z Body modification, interior styling and lighting
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Calling out SHINE AUTO......please make a Strosek replica!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2007, 07:37 AM
CTD-Germany

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

if so many members are interested in these parts, why they not asked us to make a group buy??? also we are able to send the complete order to one address in the states via DHL freight. this will also reduce the shipping costs.

Tino

Last edited by CTD-Germany; 09-12-2007 at 07:47 AM.
Old 09-12-2007, 07:49 AM
Motormouth
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

maybe because you are not a vendor and most people do not know who you are and this isn't your thread?

I mean, just a guess...
Old 09-12-2007, 08:09 AM
CTD-Germany

possible, but we are a official Strosek distributor and i'm sure many members know our project cars with the Strosek body kits.

it is realy sad that some people dont think for the companies they made the original parts if they copy the parts. Strosek for example has tested this bodykit in a wind tunnel. do you know any other body kit with a wind tunnel test. i dont.

all the money they have spend to develop and test the parts you will find in the parts.

Tino
Attached Thumbnails Calling out SHINE AUTO......please make a Strosek replica!!!-p2151372_1.jpg  
Old 09-12-2007, 08:18 AM
Kwame

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by CTD-Germany
it is realy sad that some people dont think for the companies they made the original parts if they copy the parts.
Welcome to the boards...

Edit: I will say that there are some replica's out there that offer a more viable option than the authentic, such as the Aerosync URETHANE bumper. Unfortunately, the vast amount of replicas of otherwise unique kits make it difficult for the manufacturers of the original to sell their kits that they worked hard on developing.

Not meant to start a debate, just want to explain my orginal comment. Back on topic...

Last edited by Kwame; 09-12-2007 at 08:27 AM.
Old 09-12-2007, 09:24 AM
Motormouth
Banned

I agree. companies that use a different material or tweak it to suit the end user more offer something that the original manufacturer cannot.

Fiberglass just isn't practical and I could never spend the money asked for a fiberglass bodykit from a maker, cause it will be destroyed in the area I live. road debris, other drivers... replica is the only way it makes financial sense to me for half these kits (ala Nismo V2)
Old 09-12-2007, 09:28 AM
rxkevin

We are also Strosek distributors =)

Only thing is, when people ask us for a quote, I am afraid of giving them a heartattack.
Old 09-12-2007, 09:31 AM
Motormouth
Banned

Originally Posted by CTD-Germany
possible, but we are a official Strosek distributor and i'm sure many members know our project cars with the Strosek body kits.

it is realy sad that some people dont think for the companies they made the original parts if they copy the parts. Strosek for example has tested this bodykit in a wind tunnel. do you know any other body kit with a wind tunnel test. i dont.

all the money they have spend to develop and test the parts you will find in the parts.

Tino
I never heard of your company until the thread about the CF center console, sorry.

The only place I see the Strosek offered in the US, is for 1200 + shipping... I could not fathom spending that much on a bumper!
Old 09-12-2007, 09:32 AM
Motormouth
Banned

Originally Posted by Kevin@VisionaryRacing
We are also Strosek distributors =)

Only thing is, when people ask us for a quote, I am afraid of giving them a heartattack.
I mean I was going to ask if CTG is a US distributor, since I expect Strosek to have the same dealer rights as most companies and buying froma dealer without a US license would be considered grey market and unfair to the US distributors.

am I wrong?
Old 09-12-2007, 09:38 AM
rxkevin

I do not know the answer to your question, however I will say that while the price is 1200, it is more so an effect of the US dollar being weak versus the Euro. Shipping is also fairly expensive, but as we are direct dealers with them, I highly doubt others can touch our price.

I do not know of many other Strosek vendors.
Old 09-12-2007, 10:36 AM
ShineAutoProject
Sponsor
Shine Auto Project

I think if any company is willing to pull off a group buy for Strosek parts that people are willing to pay, that would be great and there would be no need for a replica thread. But realistically, there is no market at that price ... $5,000 -$6,000 for a full kit?

All the investments have been made. The research, the engineering, the molds are all sunk cost that cannot be returned. At this point, a sale is better than no sale. I think $1750-2500 for the full kit with wings and splitters is much more reasonable. Heck, we're trying to do a replica group buy at less than that price and there still is a limited market. So what does that say?

I think it's a companies responsibility to do market research or at least get a feel for what people are willing to pay for a certain volume of sales the company expects before they make heavy investments into a project and expect people to pay for it. It doesn't work like that. Maybe in Germany, but definitely not the U.S.

My advice is.... drop the prices. A sale is better than no sale. Unless Strosek's vision is to keep this very limited... which means, they are currently satisfied with their sales volume.

Last edited by ShineAutoProject; 09-12-2007 at 10:39 AM.
Old 09-12-2007, 10:39 AM
Motormouth
Banned

I'm sure they want to be limited. it's a very high end company, but also as Ken said... the conversion rate (which is about to get alot worse btw) is killing us I guess.
Old 09-12-2007, 10:47 AM
ShineAutoProject
Sponsor
Shine Auto Project

Yes indeed. The U.S dollar is weak compared to the Euro, but most 350z guys don't realize this because most parts are being purchased from Japan. I think our dollar is getting stronger compared to the Yen, so we'll most likely be getting cheaper japanese parts or at least the dealers
Old 09-12-2007, 10:52 AM
ShineAutoProject
Sponsor
Shine Auto Project

As I've said before. If Strosek is unwilling to budge on the price, then they have no market. A replica isn't going to change that. How many guys in the U.S are rocking a Strosek kit again? 1 ? Maybe 2? ... in over 3-4 years? How many people will be buying an original Strosek kit if a replica is not offered? 0? 1? maybe 2?

When people are dishing out $$$ for a product, they are thinking about the value they are getting. They're not thinking about how much was spent to put the kit in wind tunnel etc..... That's all unnecessary added cost. Replica or not, Americans are looking for value.
Old 09-12-2007, 10:55 AM
ShineAutoProject
Sponsor
Shine Auto Project

I'd definitely be willing to manufacture for Strosek under their label, if they were reasonable on the final market price. Maybe somethin to think about
Old 09-12-2007, 01:03 PM
jimmyloose

1. Philude
2. Mountain Runner
3. Brandonanix- Rear bumper
4.nobi- wing, front skirts and rear if urethane or abs. (**** happens)
5.Onei350 - exact hatch in CF minus wing
6.mikez97- hatch, front,skirt,rear the whole deal
7. Havok_rls2 - Wing! - Carbon if possible.
8. Junsny777 - Wing, Front Bumper with Diffuser
9. tac-m - CF Wing !
10.gsl_350 - front bumper
11.Tiki O'Tool-the whole thing
12.35TH ANY - Roadster Wing
13. 350z84 - Wing
14. NoahzBurnt- THE WHOLE SHABANG!
15. se-r / gti-r - Carbon Spoiler
16. RNL323 - sides, rear, spoiler
17. Mr_Drifter - spoiler
18. Bill_the_Cat - wing/spoiler thingy
19. INTIMAZY - anything and everything Strosek
20. findrock2 - CF WING !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
21. Azula- the whole damn kit!
22. Anu2g - sides/rear/wing
23. Stormblast - Rear bumper
24. Blazemaster - sides and rear bumper.
25. usmanasif - Rear Bumper
26. Geoff567 - sides, rear, spoiler
27. jimmyloose - Wing
Old 09-12-2007, 01:12 PM
Motormouth
Banned

Originally Posted by ShineAutoProject
I'd definitely be willing to manufacture for Strosek under their label, if they were reasonable on the final market price. Maybe somethin to think about
I understand them trying to recoup thier R&D costs and to make the kit 'exclusive' maybe. I doubt thier manufacturing costs are that high though.

honestly, how much is a veilside widebody kit? you know, all they did is sculpt some crap
Old 09-12-2007, 02:25 PM
buzzardmountain

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by ShineAutoProject
I think if any company is willing to pull off a group buy for Strosek parts that people are willing to pay, that would be great and there would be no need for a replica thread. But realistically, there is no market at that price ... $5,000 -$6,000 for a full kit?

All the investments have been made. The research, the engineering, the molds are all sunk cost that cannot be returned. At this point, a sale is better than no sale. I think $1750-2500 for the full kit with wings and splitters is much more reasonable. Heck, we're trying to do a replica group buy at less than that price and there still is a limited market. So what does that say?

I think it's a companies responsibility to do market research or at least get a feel for what people are willing to pay for a certain volume of sales the company expects before they make heavy investments into a project and expect people to pay for it. It doesn't work like that. Maybe in Germany, but definitely not the U.S.

My advice is.... drop the prices. A sale is better than no sale. Unless Strosek's vision is to keep this very limited... which means, they are currently satisfied with their sales volume.
In before the replica haters come out........

Good luck with this GB Shine....I can't wait to see the rear bumper with diffuser......
Old 09-15-2007, 05:03 PM
jimmyloose

I just want the spoiler
Old 09-16-2007, 03:40 PM
rkd350z

C-West does wind tunel test on their body kits i think..
and..about the price, it should be same or similar to other kits that shine makes.. like shine nismo V2 etcs...
Old 09-16-2007, 08:25 PM
usmanasif

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

delete

Last edited by usmanasif; 09-16-2007 at 08:27 PM.

Quick Reply: Calling out SHINE AUTO......please make a Strosek replica!!!