Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Motor broken in power seat, need to lean it back

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2007, 02:22 PM
devnull420

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Motor broken in power seat, need to lean it back

My power seat just stopped reclining, unfortunately it broke in such a way that it would only move forward, not backwards, so when I first couldn't put the seat back I tried moving it forward, it worked, but now it's uncomfortable to drive. The nissan dealer doesn't do warranty work on the weekend, so I'm trying to figure out if there's a way to make it recline without using the motor. I don't mind taking the seat out of the car and all that (have the service manual), but I'm wondering if once it's out I can manually turn some gear and have it recline.

It wouldn't really be an issue except for the fact that I have about 1.5 hrs of driving to do on sunday, and I'd prefer to be a little more comfortable during the drive. It's not so far forward that I can't sit in the thing, but I'm pretty tall for the car (6'3"), so reclining helps a lot.

I did try using contact cleaner on the switch, but that didn't help. I had my local shop take a quick look and they said the switch is fine, it's the motor, and the motor doesn't go forward anymore either.