Notices
Exterior & Interior 350Z Body modification, interior styling and lighting
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How do you open the gauge cluster dash up?

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2003, 08:50 PM
redlineRED350z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How do you open the gauge cluster dash up?

Does anyone know how to open up the gauge cluster up? ( the tach, speedometer,ect.) Thanks alot.
Old 05-16-2003, 11:34 AM
VandyZ

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Old 05-16-2003, 12:18 PM
bobbyz

ANyway to just take off the sluminum finisher and #2 front cover. My front cover is dirty on the INSIDE and want to clean it myself rather then have the dealer turn my car into rattlefest 2003. The service manual is OK in telling you what parts are there, but not really great in telling you how to take it apart. Anyone done this?
Old 05-16-2003, 12:48 PM
failsafe
....for your health

There was a "how to remove the center console" post in the stereo section but the link doesn't work anymore. You have to start by grabbing the rear of the shift boot ring and lift up towards the dash- this piece then pulls out pretty easy- you can then remove the climate control panel pretty easily (unplug the cliamte control) there are four screws behind the climate control and two underneath the padding in the nav compartment- once you get these screws free you can remove the top piece of the center console. It took us like 10 minutes to remove the whole center console when we installed my EDFC.
Old 05-16-2003, 01:49 PM
joust75

I had the same problem. Straight from the factory it had water spots behind the plastic cover. Could only see it in bright sunlight, but it still drove me crazy! I took it to the dealer only recently. Amazingly the dealer did not want to take it apart! They insisted on simply ordering another cluster. I dont get it!
All it needed was knowhow and some windex and they did it the hard way. No skin off my teeth though.
Old 05-16-2003, 04:18 PM
christurismohk

I had the same problem. Straight from the factory it had water spots behind the plastic cover. Could only see it in bright sunlight, but it still drove me crazy! I took it to the dealer only recently. Amazingly the dealer did not want to take it apart! They insisted on simply ordering another cluster. I dont get it!
All it needed was knowhow and some windex and they did it the hard way. No skin off my teeth though.
Which dealer did u take it to?? your dealer seems nice!! I HATE my service place (superior nissan)
Old 05-17-2003, 01:23 AM
joust75

Thumbs up

Mossy Oceanside CA.

They have been very cool to me. As they should. It doesnt cost them money to replace defective parts. They have Nissan pay for them anyway!
Old 05-17-2003, 05:58 AM
bobbyz

Thats awsome, but I dont think my dealer will go for it. I purchased my car far away and service the car at another dealer so I doubt they will go out of their way for me. I was just wondering if #7 upper cover would pop off and I could clean it that way, but don't want to force anything unless I know it will not break. I have the service manual and it only tells you how to take out the guage cluster, then take it apart. But that means taking half the dash apart starting with the foot rest and working up to the steering wheel.