Sponsored by:

Ver.2 NISMO Paint chip & Armorcoat

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2007, 01:58 AM
350zrn35

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Ver.2 NISMO Paint chip & Armorcoat

Hi, guys!

First of all, I would like to know how many have had issues with their factory paint on their Zs? I know it's must have been probably talked about for number of times but may be there are some new cases we've never heard about! So, let's hear them out!

I have an 03, the front end of mine has quite a bit of chips, I didn't lower it or anything! It is pretty annoying, especially for a Fifty thousand dollar+ car(note:I am in Canada and so, it is MUCH more expensive here!!) it kinda reminds me about one of my many questions!
Is there anyone selling an 06 or even 07 GT in Daytona blue in Seattle,WA area?

Anyhow, let's go back to my original topic here!

I have a Nismo Ver.2 front bumper(genuine), it is made of fiberglass as you know! I bought it last Dec and I had it installed for a few months. I took it to a well known body shop in N.Van BC. I had it painted in a two-tone scheme(black and Daytona blue). I was quite happy with the finish on the day that I picked my car! However, after about 2-3weeks or so I started to notice the paint chips on the bumper and they are more prominent especially on the black part of it! I took it back to the body shop and talked to the owner about it. And he told me that it is very common, especially for fiberglass aero parts! I disagreed! Besides the black touch up paint that I got from the shop, he didn't do anything else about it !!

Let me explain it in more detail!
I never drive this car over the speed limit and I would be extra careful when I drive near a construction area and most times I would just avoid! And I rarely drive on highway! Let's cut the long story short!

My question is, how many of you guys that have an after market fiberglass bumper that has a paint chip problem?

I did some research and found a company called ArmorAuto that makes a clear coat that they claim it would prevent gravel chipping and scratches on OEM and customs paint finishes. Did anyone ever try it? If so, pls feel free to elaborate the result!

THANKS
Old 08-26-2007, 09:22 AM
THE TECH

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

FRP chips much easier than OEM bumpers. My advice is to have your bumper repainted, wait 4-5 weeks leaving it in the sun and not putting it on the car and then having the clear bra put on. Works everytime.
Old 08-26-2007, 10:13 AM
Mr_Drifter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

interesting, i may have to try this