Bride Ergo 2
50.46%
Voters: 109. You may not vote on this poll

Deciding on the seats: Recaro Vs. Bride

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2007, 12:16 PM
synth19

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Based on what they are telling you, it sounds as if the recaro bases (aka rails) don't fit with the stock holes in the Z. SOOOO... if you do get the recaro bases, you have to either drill holes in the base or make an additional one in the Z. If you have to do it to the actual base, it's probably a better idea to get the bride rails. Why? Well, if the additional hole is too close to the original location, you can potentially phck up the entire thing. Talk to Adam and see if they have any bride rails in stock or check with other vendors that stock brides.
Old 09-07-2007, 03:07 PM
whitebwoy

I've already decided to just spare myself the headache and use some epoxy and duct tape. Thanks for the advice though!
Old 09-08-2007, 02:58 PM
TheShaddix

Ok, ive ordered sparco seats, finally. Everything should be set up in a week or two. I'll post pics when it's done. Thanks to everybody for your input, it helped a lot.
Attached Thumbnails Deciding on the seats: Recaro Vs. Bride-milano_black_g.jpg  
Old 09-08-2007, 03:19 PM
hbenet

Originally Posted by TheShaddix
Ok, ive ordered sparco seats, finally. Everything should be set up in a week or two. I'll post pics when it's done. Thanks to everybody for your input, it helped a lot.
Please note, the attachment you posted is from the discontinued generation of 'Milano 2' (in leather).

The current generation ~that has been out for a few years now~, is called the 'Milano Prestige' ('Milano 3' in the rest of the world).

:0
Attached Thumbnails Deciding on the seats: Recaro Vs. Bride-milano_prestige.gif  

Last edited by hbenet; 09-08-2007 at 03:24 PM.
Old 09-10-2007, 07:56 AM
whitebwoy

Okay, I spoke to the guy I ordered the seats from about all this RECARO rails/base problem.

To my surprise he agreed!!! and said he didn't sell me RECARO bases, he said he got some other rails/bases that have no issues. He didn't say they were Bride, but he said they were manufactured from some machine shop. I don't remember the name.

What he told me is that the RECARO bases don't necassarily have a fitment problem, but they are very weak/soft. He said sometimes they'll break under pressure. Like peopl would hit a pothole and the seat would break off the RAIL!!!!

Anyway, obviously this softness could also lead to fitment issues, if they were mistakenly bent prior to fitment.
Old 09-10-2007, 08:29 AM
synth19

^ good deal! Can't wait to see the pics!
Old 09-11-2007, 12:11 AM
TheShaddix

to hbenet: true. I found that out after the order. Many sites have that pic and they don't say a word about it. I mistakingly believed that that was the seats i was getting until i was corrected by the seller. All good now. Will post pics as soon as i get them ( a few days hopefully).
Old 09-11-2007, 06:11 AM
hbenet

Originally Posted by TheShaddix
to hbenet: true. I found that out after the order. Many sites have that pic and they don't say a word about it. I mistakingly believed that that was the seats i was getting until i was corrected by the seller. All good now. Will post pics as soon as i get them ( a few days hopefully).
Glad to hear!