Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

clear bra product comparison

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2003, 10:15 AM
az240z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default clear bra product comparison

I am wondering if anyone has done any comparing of the Avery-Dennison product and the 3M product? They are both 8ml thick. the avery product is cut locally based on a computer aided cutting machine while the 3m is bought in a kit. The reason I ask is that here in Phoenix, I came across any Avery installer who was less expensive than a 3m installer. They quoted me $429 istalled fora full kit including bumper, hood, lights, mirror and inside pieces.

Any opinions is greatly apreciated.

Az240z
Old 05-19-2003, 06:49 PM
2003z

The avery doesn't have a clear coat on it. It is an inferior film. The way it works, is the installer buys a pattern from a kit maker and cuts it on his choice of film. There are some 3m films that come pre-cut, but xpel, stongard, dynashield are patterns that can be computer cut on any film. For detailed info, email or pm mikeinatlanta or krinkov, as they are both highly regarded installers that would be willing to share their knowledge.
Old 05-19-2003, 07:30 PM
ruacop2

The Avery Film does not like to grip to the high compound curves of some cars. It tends to lift pretty easily. It also does not look as nice as the 3M Sctotchcal.

He is right that all these companies can cut the kit from a computer. There are several installers in the Phoenix area. I would recommend using Scottsdale Airpark Tint. They are more expensive but do good work.

Good Luck on your quest for a clear bra. If you have anymore questions let me know.