Notices
Exterior & Interior 350Z Body modification, interior styling and lighting
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Aaaagh! Punctured vinyl on door! Can it be fixed?

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2003, 01:21 PM
Jumpman--Z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aaaagh! Punctured vinyl on door! Can it be fixed?

I don't know how I did it, but I punctured the vinyl (I guess that's what it is) on the passenger side door. It's small, but it really annoys me. I may have puntured it with something when I was cleaning the car. Does anyone know if it can be fixed?

Old 05-19-2003, 01:27 PM
Blue350zCali

I did the same thing but mine is right in the middle of my passenger door (two of them). I know how you feel it is very annoying seeing those, please update me if you get any suggestions.
Old 05-19-2003, 02:52 PM
ares
Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

replace the panel is my suggestion. Id reccomend emailing

john@z1motorsports.com

or there was a thread at

https://my350z.com/forum/showthread....threadid=29654

I ordered a peice from him, and he is very very reasonably priced on the parts, if the part isnt already sold.
Old 05-19-2003, 04:20 PM
Jumpman--Z

I'm going to send him an email. Thanks a lot, ares!
Old 05-19-2003, 06:35 PM
2003z

talk to your dealership. There are people out there who repair vinyl, and do a lot of their work for dealerships. Although this pattern might be a bit more difficult, it might be doable. I had a grain patterned vinyl door panel repaired once and you couldn't tell anything had ever happened.
Old 05-19-2003, 10:21 PM
travs_z

What you are seeing my friends is seatbelt damage, specifically, the clasp getting caught in the door when you close it. This looks identical to some damage my old CRX has on its door panels. Same location, same type of tear.

Now, I always make sure my seatbelt is FULLY retracted and out of the way of the door before I close it. Vinyl repair will only work so much, because of the underlying foam being bunched up. I had to replace my CRX panels to fix the problem. Good luck, and keep your eye on those seatbelt clasps!
Old 05-20-2003, 05:26 PM
Jumpman--Z

Originally posted by travs_z
What you are seeing my friends is seatbelt damage, specifically, the clasp getting caught in the door when you close it. This looks identical to some damage my old CRX has on its door panels. Same location, same type of tear.

Now, I always make sure my seatbelt is FULLY retracted and out of the way of the door before I close it. Vinyl repair will only work so much, because of the underlying foam being bunched up. I had to replace my CRX panels to fix the problem. Good luck, and keep your eye on those seatbelt clasps!
That makes sense, I remember having any sharp objects when I was cleaning the car. That's probably what happened. Thanks, I guess I need to be a lot more careful in the future, and remind my passengers to do the same when getting out of the car.