Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wide body kits... but oh which one!?!

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2010, 10:58 AM
robbinsj

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bmccann101
Im bumping this to chime in for the veilside....

i agree that the front end of the veilside type 3 is kind of old school, and that the whole kit itself is just been done before... but Im actually returning to this kit after it was my first kit i wanted when i bought the car....5 years now... I currently have weber, and will retain the front end and use a veilside 3 kit w wide body. I think that the swooping side skirts need a sharp body line added to the top leading edges, simple enuff to do. And a flat black vinyl wrap will sinch it up nicely and hide how busy the kit can really look.

ANd im sure he figured it out in the 2 years since the first post, but for anyone else who is stumbling on this thread by using search..... yes, you do have to cut the rear fenders, but you should reweld as well to retain integrity, and you should rough repaint it underneath to avoid rust.

Big low offset wheels versus a normal offset and spacers is the same on your bearngs, but ridding yourself of a bolt on adapter will help diminish vibrations and the possibility of an untrue balance situation. But is what it is. ALot of ppl cant afford 1k per wheel to start out w. Roll spacers and save until you can buy real wheels and 305 tires.

I think its a great start if youre willing to work on something truly custom, and the price point to start out is pretty reasonable.
I guess I'm 32 now and just dont care what 18 yr olds tell me about my kit anymore.
Whats really played out is stock cars or mild mods. I see it all the time. What isnt played out is being imaginative and doing hands on work to your car.
if you like it sport it, but don't post up pics less you want to be flamed.
Old 04-26-2010, 12:34 AM
DRFTKNG

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

no actually I just finished my black/cf Mastergrade Widebody 350Z.. After a lot of work and time that is.

Originally Posted by Jim@Showstoppers
Mastergrade is no longer available, you can scratch that off your list.

Jim