Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lets talk seats

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2007, 07:01 PM
SS728

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lets talk seats

I'm in search of some red-colored seats for the Z.
I don't want to go Bride, nor any other big companies. (no dough)
I'm 80/20 that I want leather over cloth.
I've been on ebay checking out seats (sets with parts) and the prices are decent, but I don't think they're worthy.
Who makes some good leather covers that are relatively on the inexpensive side and fit the Z seats very well?

Any help/direction is appreciated.
Old 10-18-2007, 02:32 AM
VIZAGE

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's probably best to search local. There's sometimes guys that's been doing great work for a while. And they use top line products the get for discounted prices.
Old 10-18-2007, 02:37 AM
gregtotheb

ive been searching for decent price seats as well. ive seen some people with corbeau seat, they look pretty good, and the prices arent bad. check them out. http://www.corbeau.com/prod_index/prod_index.shtml
Old 10-18-2007, 03:35 AM
Doba

Red OEM FTMFW !! Theyre so HOT I cant wait to get them and have sex on them
Old 10-18-2007, 06:07 AM
SS728

There's red oem covers? lol
Old 10-18-2007, 09:28 AM
Ahsmo
Imakecopies

Corbeau seats are the best bargan. Some vendors have hinted at the fact that most of the high dollar seats out there are made in China and really do not warrant the high price. From my searching around on the internet, Corbeau seats are relatively well respected. https://my350z.com/forum/exterior-and-interior/243920-put-my-new-seats-in.html I don't like the color but looks good and they fit well.
Old 10-18-2007, 09:48 AM
SS728

I'm looking for red covers/seats, in leather.
Where can I find those oem red ones?
Old 10-18-2007, 10:54 AM
oro

Originally Posted by Ahsmo
Corbeau seats are the best bargan. Some vendors have hinted at the fact that most of the high dollar seats out there are made in China and really do not warrant the high price. From my searching around on the internet, Corbeau seats are relatively well respected. https://my350z.com/forum/showthread.php?t=243920 I don't like the color but looks good and they fit well.
I was looking at seats a while ago and just assumed Corbeau's were as expensive as sparcos, the Corbeau A4's look exactly like Sparco Torino's as did my Ractive seats I used to have in my Eclipse. I wouldn't doubt they are all pumped out of the same factory, looking at Corbeau's prices you can get full leather seats for as much as a Sparco Cloth, referring to that other post as well, I don't think Corbeau's look bargain bin at all.
Old 10-18-2007, 12:40 PM
Doba

Originally Posted by SS728
I'm looking for red covers/seats, in leather.
Where can I find those oem red ones?
the original place that makes them is in Cali, its called Katskinz seats, however there is a great place in Elizabeth NJ called Tri-State leather, which is an authorized dealer of these Katskinz seats.
Old 10-18-2007, 01:40 PM
SS728

Yes, I've heard of Katzkin!
I just thought it was a west-coast thing.
I found some dealers and distributors here and I'm going to call tomorrow.
Thanks guys!
Old 10-18-2007, 08:56 PM
Zivman

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by oro
I was looking at seats a while ago and just assumed Corbeau's were as expensive as sparcos, the Corbeau A4's look exactly like Sparco Torino's as did my Ractive seats I used to have in my Eclipse. I wouldn't doubt they are all pumped out of the same factory, looking at Corbeau's prices you can get full leather seats for as much as a Sparco Cloth, referring to that other post as well, I don't think Corbeau's look bargain bin at all.
just for reference, I see a lot of people going with the corbeau A4's. I can tell you after having the opportunity to sit in the entire line of corbeaus, the CR1 corbeaus would be what I would spend my money on. Much more comfortable than the A4's. On the other side of the spectrum, stay away from the VX2000 seats.

Also, when buying seats, cheat on the larger side. if they say up to a 36 waist, it will fit up to maybe a 34.
Old 10-18-2007, 09:00 PM
oro

Originally Posted by Zivman
just for reference, I see a lot of people going with the corbeau A4's. I can tell you after having the opportunity to sit in the entire line of corbeaus, the CR1 corbeaus would be what I would spend my money on. Much more comfortable than the A4's. On the other side of the spectrum, stay away from the VX2000 seats.

Also, when buying seats, cheat on the larger side. if they say up to a 36 waist, it will fit up to maybe a 34.
Right on thanks man, I was definately looking more to the CR1's they look quite a bit more supportive and also they look a lot more refined (at least to me).

The micro suede black looks great. I wonder what size the A4 used in the previous link in this post, looks like a perfect fit, but thanks for the reference on the seat size, will be useful.
Old 10-18-2007, 09:05 PM
Zivman

Originally Posted by oro
Right on thanks man, I was definately looking more to the CR1's they look quite a bit more supportive and also they look a lot more refined (at least to me).

The micro suede black looks great. I wonder what size the A4 used in the previous link in this post, looks like a perfect fit, but thanks for the reference on the seat size, will be useful.
those are the wide version of the A4s. The CR1 is a bit more relaxed in the legs and shoulders, but is still snug in the mid section. I felt the A4s are too tight, even in wide. I am a fairly stocky fellow with a 36" waist (5'8" and an athletic 220+) and like the more relaxed shoulders of the CR1. I think unless the car is 100 track use, a slightly more open seat is better. The CR1 is still plenty supportive and the friend of mine that is 5'6" an about 150 with maybe a 30-32" waist agreed that the CR1 was more confortable
Old 10-18-2007, 09:36 PM
oro

Originally Posted by Zivman
those are the wide version of the A4s. The CR1 is a bit more relaxed in the legs and shoulders, but is still snug in the mid section. I felt the A4s are too tight, even in wide. I am a fairly stocky fellow with a 36" waist (5'8" and an athletic 220+) and like the more relaxed shoulders of the CR1. I think unless the car is 100 track use, a slightly more open seat is better. The CR1 is still plenty supportive and the friend of mine that is 5'6" an about 150 with maybe a 30-32" waist agreed that the CR1 was more confortable
So you would say probably a CR1 wide would be a pretty good fit? I'm clocking in at 5'8 around 200lbs, I'm not slob, but im no gym junky either
Old 10-18-2007, 09:39 PM
Zivman

Originally Posted by oro
So you would say probably a CR1 wide would be a pretty good fit? I'm clocking in at 5'8 around 200lbs, I'm not slob, but im no gym junky either
in the end it is personal preference, but I definitely preffered the cr1 to any of the other offerings from corbeau. I would definitely get it in the wide version
Old 10-18-2007, 10:41 PM
xthejokerx

www.leatherseats.com has pretty good leather covers.
Old 10-18-2007, 10:51 PM
World Famous Z

You can check local upholstery shops, I've had some good work done by my local shops for good pricing. Just look around a little for a quality shop. They can actually add more of a bolster to your stock seats, then recover it in any leather you wish, for a true custom look, for just about the same price as mid level seats w/hardware and brackets etc....

This is just an option if you're curious about going the truly custom route...
Old 10-19-2007, 03:47 AM
Doba

Originally Posted by SS728
Yes, I've heard of Katzkin!
I just thought it was a west-coast thing.
I found some dealers and distributors here and I'm going to call tomorrow.
Thanks guys!
Let us know how that goes, and what they had to say, im very interested in dealing with them.
Old 10-20-2007, 09:53 PM
BigZ88

Corbeau and other companies sell the seats with a max waist size that is meant to be when the seat is more "broken in". If you buy too large, and the seats get broken in they will be sloppy. Remember these are MOSTLY meant to be a performance upgrade to hold you in place better than OEM. They are going to be snug....and if anyone wants corbeau, please feel free to let me know and i'll work up a good package for you!
Old 10-22-2007, 05:10 AM
z-u-later

If you just want custom seat covers, you need to check out these guys: http://www.iggee.com/