Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Painting CF hood??

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2007, 03:30 PM
Ryco

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Painting CF hood??

I have a seibon hood and I took it to a bodyshop to be painted, The guy quoted me $600 for hood, front bumper, and lipkit. The reason he said it would be so expensive is because he would have to do a lot of work to the hood to make it smooth. According to him most CF hoods have flat spots and what not. He said "Looks fine now but once its painted will look like it was in a car accident becasue it will have flat spots."

Is he just trying to get me to pay more or is he being honest?
Old 10-25-2007, 03:42 PM
deviljon

Originally Posted by Ryco
I have a seibon hood and I took it to a bodyshop to be painted, The guy quoted me $600 for hood, front bumper, and lipkit. The reason he said it would be so expensive is because he would have to do a lot of work to the hood to make it smooth. According to him most CF hoods have flat spots and what not. He said "Looks fine now but once its painted will look like it was in a car accident becasue it will have flat spots."

Is he just trying to get me to pay more or is he being honest?
i have my cf hood painted and the shop didn't say anything about it having "flat spots". the process of painting a cf hood should be no different than painting other parts
Old 10-25-2007, 03:44 PM
VIZAGE

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't think that's expensive at all. Great price, as long as the paint comes out great. He is right about the hood. I see flat spots in mine all the time at the right angles. But I've seen other hoods look near perfect. Just ask him to show the spots if you can't see them. I'm sure he's not ripping you.

I just got quated $450 to repaint the front clip. But the main cause behind that is I went ahead and ordered a quart of paint for future use. That was $250 by itself.
Old 10-25-2007, 03:44 PM
Ryco

Originally Posted by deviljon
i have my cf hood painted and the shop didn't say anything about it having "flat spots". the process of painting a cf hood should be no different than painting other parts
Thats what I was hoping to hear. Thanx!

Originally Posted by VIZAGE
I don't think that's expensive at all. Great price, as long as the paint comes out great. He is right about the hood. I see flat spots in mine all the time at the right angles. But I've seen other hoods look near perfect. Just ask him to show the spots if you can't see them. I'm sure he's not ripping you.

I just got quated $450 to repaint the front clip. But the main cause behind that is I went ahead and ordered a quart of paint for future use. That was $250 by itself.
Darn! not what I wanted to hear. How bad are the flat spots? Does it bother you that much?

Last edited by Ryco; 10-25-2007 at 03:49 PM.