Notices
Exterior & Interior 350Z Body modification, interior styling and lighting
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Carbon Fiber vs Carbon Kevlar for my Z parts!

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2007, 10:50 PM
EricChan
Banned for NON PAYMENT

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Carbon Fiber vs Carbon Kevlar for my Z parts!

Hey guys, (and girls.. what few of you are on this forum), Ive been doing some research on Carbon Fiber and Carbon Kevlar and need some help and opinions. (Ive had plenty experience with fiberglass and feel comfortable with CF)

1. Going with Resins, what would you recommend? Im looking for something with UV protection so that the CF won't fade over time, CK I don't think I'll have to worry about since it already is Yellow and Black

2. I will be doing some custom CF/CK work on my Nismo V2 front, Sides and will be building a custom rear with diffuser. (Also working on a Vortex Generator like the EVO's have made with CK) What material would you think looks best on Black ?? Im leaning toward CK only because it is so unique. (opinions only please).

Last edited by EricChan; 11-01-2007 at 10:59 PM.
Old 11-02-2007, 09:10 AM
tonester1011
CF God

Originally Posted by OCTrackZ
Hey guys, (and girls.. what few of you are on this forum), Ive been doing some research on Carbon Fiber and Carbon Kevlar and need some help and opinions. (Ive had plenty experience with fiberglass and feel comfortable with CF)

1. Going with Resins, what would you recommend? Im looking for something with UV protection so that the CF won't fade over time, CK I don't think I'll have to worry about since it already is Yellow and Black

2. I will be doing some custom CF/CK work on my Nismo V2 front, Sides and will be building a custom rear with diffuser. (Also working on a Vortex Generator like the EVO's have made with CK) What material would you think looks best on Black ?? Im leaning toward CK only because it is so unique. (opinions only please).
just clearcoat it when your done and u wont have to worry about any resin fading from the sun...i dont know of any resin that does have a uv protector in it.
Old 11-02-2007, 09:11 AM
tonester1011
CF God

oh and carbon kevlar is alot harder to work with cuz its thicker than carbon fiber...remember that if u have something with tight spots to work into. good luck.
Old 11-02-2007, 03:18 PM
EricChan
Banned for NON PAYMENT

Thanks for the help man. any specific clear you highly recommend?? Man if you were here on the West Coast Id have you do some work.
Old 11-02-2007, 04:00 PM
tonester1011
CF God

Originally Posted by OCTrackZ
Thanks for the help man. any specific clear you highly recommend?? Man if you were here on the West Coast Id have you do some work.
ive done lots of stuff on the west coast dude. send it over if u cant get it going...for clearcoat i'd say just ask your body shop what they use. i use some stuff from the local shop, its good stuff.
Old 11-02-2007, 06:02 PM
EricChan
Banned for NON PAYMENT

I would but its my front bumper, sides, and I Daily drive my car (def. would if you were near) Plus shipping costs would SUCK for that size package!!! Thats why i was gonna do it myself since i can't really find anyone local around here. Thanks for all the help and Nice Ride btw.