Exterior & Interior 350Z Body modification, interior styling and lighting
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

350z aero parts: Keycompositegroup?

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2007, 09:50 AM
SpoilsofWar

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If its any use their number is (443) 484-9432. Its an unpublished number, but is somewhere in Edgewood, MD.

I will check out the invoice and shipping box for an address on my lunch break.

There is also a personal listing for a Julie Zeman in Maryland... It may or may not be her, but it seems about right.

Zeman, Julie

11532 Franklinville Rd
Upper Falls, MD 21156-1919
(410) 592-8839

edit: this is almost certainly her. Upper Falls is only ~6 miles from Edgewood according to google.

Last edited by SpoilsofWar; 11-08-2007 at 10:28 AM.
Old 11-08-2007, 11:03 AM
SpoilsofWar

Okay, the address on the invoice is Chaser Aerodynamics, LLC's. However, since it too is in Edgewood, Maryland it would seem that Chaser and Key Composites are the same company or at least somehow related.

Chaser Aerodynamics, LLC
2113 Columbia Park Dr. Suite 1A
Edgewood, MD 21040

Jim, if Mastergrade cares, some of the parts on Chaser's website are also labeled "Mastergrade". www.aerokits.net. Phone 1-866-360-KITS
Old 11-08-2007, 11:09 AM
Jim@Showstoppers
Banned

Great to know. Mastergrade is talking about legal actions after seeing their E-mail response to your paypal claim.
Old 11-08-2007, 11:13 AM
Jim@Showstoppers
Banned

Also, since this thread I have had 3 members PM me about the fake parts they bought from this company and the terrible fitment. BUYERS BEWARE !!
Old 11-08-2007, 11:55 AM
gringott

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Jim, I might mention that I have Carbon Fiber mirror caps and mirror sail planes from the original mastergrade, to my understanding, the firm did change hands to the NEW mastergrade at some point after I purchased my stuff, correct me if I am wrong. The guy that had it before had a 350Z with the PE TT kit on it, like I have. Please tell me if I am wrong.

My stuff didn't fit very well the first set he sent, I complained and they sent me another full set without explanation, and that was that.
Old 11-08-2007, 11:59 AM
Jim@Showstoppers
Banned

Mastergrade did switch owners. The new owner is based out of SoCal. I'm not sure when you purchased the mirror covers and sail piece. The new owner has not produced the mirror sails, so I would assume you purchased them from the original owner over a year or so ago.
Old 11-08-2007, 12:02 PM
SpoilsofWar

N/m

Last edited by SpoilsofWar; 11-08-2007 at 12:22 PM.
Old 11-08-2007, 12:26 PM
gringott

Jim, yes then, my parts were from the orignal owner.

This webpage clearly lists parts as "Mastergrade", hood and widebody are listed on the first page, didn't look any deeper yet.

http://www.aerokits.net/cart/index.p...7f3bf1b9ff23ed

It also looks to me that the widebody pictures look like the original mastergrade 350Z if my memory is correct, but I could be wrong.

Last edited by gringott; 11-08-2007 at 12:30 PM.
Old 11-08-2007, 12:29 PM
SpoilsofWar

I hope Mastergrade sues them...

Note that the parts are listed as "Mastergrade"... however when you click on the details you'll see that it says (at least for this hood I'm looking at):

Manufactured by: GTP V*FRP Top

So they're using Mastergrade's good name to sell their crap.
Old 11-08-2007, 12:35 PM
Jim@Showstoppers
Banned

Originally Posted by gringott
Jim, yes then, my parts were from the orignal owner.

This webpage clearly lists parts as "Mastergrade", hood and widebody are listed on the first page, didn't look any deeper yet.

http://www.aerokits.net/cart/index.p...7f3bf1b9ff23ed

It also looks to me that the widebody pictures look like the original mastergrade 350Z if my memory is correct, but I could be wrong.

Correct, that is the mastergrade 350z widebody. That is where the problems arrise. It's one thing to sell a replica, it's another to claim its authentic and use the authentic pictures....when in fact the are made using two different processes and two seperate molds.
Old 11-08-2007, 02:25 PM
Jim@Showstoppers
Banned

Originally Posted by SpoilsofWar

So they're using Mastergrade's good name to sell their crap.
Yep, keep in mind authentic mastergrade parts are vacuum infused and test fitted before being sent out, judging from the pictures the fake ones are not. The new Mastergrade owner is priding himself and the company on quality control and this jokester on Ebay is ruining it with these fake parts.

The only place to get authentic Mastergrade parts is through myself or Fusion Racing.

Last edited by Jim@Showstoppers; 11-08-2007 at 04:02 PM.
Old 11-08-2007, 07:47 PM
SpoilsofWar

Here is the latest:

Originally Posted by Julie Zeman
I'm not going to argue with you but I promise you I am telling you the truth. What do you want me to do for you? Do you want me to send you an excel file of all the molds we bought including those motorcycle part molds they made? Will this make you happy? Isn't it obvious they are not in business... their website isn't even up anymore. If they're in business why would they not pay the $20/mo or whatever for their website to stay up? Come on... think about it. Anyway, who cares, I don't want to argue... what do you want me to do for you? You are right that the hatch was not made by mastergrade, but it was made out of THEIR mold. I did buy the name, but I did make the mistake of not taking off the CWings logo... the people who made the part out of the mastergrade mold. This is so strange... are you telling me this is a low quality product? Have you seen the Mastergrade parts in person when mastergrade made them... do you know how many times that company changed hands and how bad their quality was in the past? Look at the S2k forum. I don't care, I will return the hatch. Just tell me what you want me to do? I'm here to help. My job is to make my customers happy, and if you are not happy I will do what I can to make you happy. What will make you happy? I will do my best to make it happen.
Old 11-08-2007, 07:52 PM
Jim@Showstoppers
Banned

rofl, the site is up yet because they haven't made anything into production yet. Almost all the parts I sell are made as they are ordered. They only have two real distributors. There are numerous people on this forum who have been to mastergrades warehouse and one has even left their roadster with them for almost 2 months. Not to mention every single customer has been more then happy with the quality of these pieces and the "Asuka" pieces.

Am I the only who thinks these replies sound nothing like its this lady ?
Old 11-08-2007, 07:56 PM
SpoilsofWar

What are the chances that they actually got their hands on some of the real Mastergrade molds during the transition period when Mastergrade changed ownership?
Old 11-08-2007, 10:58 PM
iStan
ZR

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by CarbonLTD
one has even left their roadster with them for almost 2 months.
That's still a touchy subject. Replacing my 06 ZR with my 00 Accord for that period made me sad. I think all could be better with a new diffuser though

Originally Posted by CarbonLTD
Am I the only who thinks these replies sound nothing like its this lady ?
Sounds like Jim's a little jealous .

However, she does have one valid point, the S2Ks were not very happy with Mastergrade. When I was at their 'homecoming' a few months back, people were a little shocked I sent my car to Mastergrade. However, some of the naysayers I met during homecoming were pleasantly surprised by the outcome of my car when I saw a few of them during SEMA. Their experience with the Old Mastergrade wasn't great, but as far as the Z community goes, I don't think anyone has any complaints thus far, especially with the new ownership.
Old 11-09-2007, 04:46 AM
Jim@Showstoppers
Banned

Yep, the new owner really ran the name into the ground.

I can assure you that the new ownership is the total opposite. He wont anything leave his possession unless it was test fitted and inspected by himself. They know the bad reputation on some forums from the past and they have certainly addressed those issues.

Last edited by Jim@Showstoppers; 11-14-2007 at 04:57 PM.
Old 11-09-2007, 04:56 AM
Jim@Showstoppers
Banned

Originally Posted by SpoilsofWar
What are the chances that they actually got their hands on some of the real Mastergrade molds during the transition period when Mastergrade changed ownership?
Honestly, judging from the stories I hear about the past ownership I wouldn't be surprised if he did sell molds under the table before selling the company. The rights to "Mastergrade Inc" have never been sold. They are one of the vary few manufactures that use a vacuum fused process. This is why there parts are more expensive then say Seibon or VIS, which are wet hand laid. Judging from those pictures, they don't look to use vacuum process.

On a side note, after the new owner was informed of this company woring out fake mastergrade parts he asked what we should do to assure the members of my 350z that they should still with the authentic pieces. My response...a group buy. We want to put Mastergrade back on the map, this time in a good way !

We will be have a BIG group buy on all the new mastergrade parts, some that have yet to be released ! Look for it next week in the vendors forum !
Old 11-09-2007, 04:59 AM
Jim@Showstoppers
Banned

Originally Posted by istan
Sounds like Jim's a little jealous .
Ah Stan, you so funny. I'd hit it and quit it, but I wouldn't buy her crappy replicas.

Last edited by Jim@Showstoppers; 11-09-2007 at 05:17 AM.
Old 11-09-2007, 05:26 AM
gringott

If this chick looks like that picture, and she will do anything to please a customer (like the quotes above), I might have to switch from you Jim to her......
Old 11-09-2007, 05:28 AM
Jim@Showstoppers
Banned

Originally Posted by gringott
If this chick looks like that picture, and she will do anything to please a customer (like the quotes above), I might have to switch from you Jim to her......
Me too....I could use some "cumpensation"....bwahaha

Quick Reply: 350z aero parts: Keycompositegroup?