Notices
Exterior & Interior 350Z Body modification, interior styling and lighting
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HELP!!!! Riced out my car with wrong bulb color.

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2003, 12:13 AM
afr0puff

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy HELP!!!! Riced out my car with wrong bulb color.

I always hated the fact that the for the clearance light, the entire strip didn't get illuminated on the G35. I noticed that people swapped out the wedge bulb for an Extreme white one which produced a nice look seen here:

However, being that I have a blue G35, I would have preffered a nice blue light, but all the pics I saw with blue lights, the light never travelled down the entire strip like in these pics:

That was the color I was after, just needed to find a bulb that was intense or wide angled enough to fill the entire strip. So I finally put in some LED bulbs. The light filled the entire strip!!! But, the color is way way way too blue. The entire strip looks like those nasty ricers with LED washer fluid nozzles. Sort of like this:

Not only does it look nasty IMO, but I am just asking for cop trouble. Any suggestions on coating the LEDs with something to get a lighter blue? I think white out will be too opaque. All that time and work down the drain :crying:.
Old 06-07-2003, 02:27 AM
mgl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

from the pics, you're lucky that cops aren't pullin you over. you can try a led bulb made by PIAA. they have one that lights up "hyper white" (basically white with a little blueish or purple tint) i think that will look a lot better than the blues you currently have. i don't know if coating the bulbs will do much, as it may burn off in the long run. just change your bulbs.