Exterior & Interior 350Z Body modification, interior styling and lighting
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

pre-painted and clear bra front bumper?

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2008, 06:53 PM
antennahead

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default pre-painted and clear bra front bumper?

Does any aftermarket company or factory parts retailer sell the factory front bumper already painted and clear bra-ed? Obviously the time to do the clear bra was when I bought the car................. too late now. In the time it would take for my paint to cure if I repainted, it will be useless to then clear bra. As a daily driver it will be too chipped up to worry about a clear bra. If no one does this, I would think there would be a market for it. Or if not pre-stocked, at least take the order, paint to match, clear bra, then ship. I have searched and can't find anything on this, so don't flame me with the "search button is your friend routine" lol

John
Old 01-26-2008, 08:46 PM
cheshirecat79

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by antennahead
Does any aftermarket company or factory parts retailer sell the factory front bumper already painted and clear bra-ed? Obviously the time to do the clear bra was when I bought the car................. too late now. In the time it would take for my paint to cure if I repainted, it will be useless to then clear bra. As a daily driver it will be too chipped up to worry about a clear bra. If no one does this, I would think there would be a market for it. Or if not pre-stocked, at least take the order, paint to match, clear bra, then ship. I have searched and can't find anything on this, so don't flame me with the "search button is your friend routine" lol

John
Some vendors offer painting as a service but I've never seen a clear bra offered prior to shipping.

If you're really interested in it, find one of the vendors that will paint and contact them. Their paint person may be able to apply the clear bra at the same time.
Old 01-27-2008, 06:06 PM
antennahead

Originally Posted by cheshirecat79
Some vendors offer painting as a service but I've never seen a clear bra offered prior to shipping.

If you're really interested in it, find one of the vendors that will paint and contact them. Their paint person may be able to apply the clear bra at the same time.

Thanks, I was afraid this might be the course of action. I might just end up ordering a new bumper, painting it, let it sit 2 months to cure, then clear bra. Sure would be convenient if someone pre-did these in the common colors.
Old 02-24-2009, 09:01 PM
danlee1

Which vendors sell pre-painted parts? I'd rather just purchase a bumper that is pre-painted so I can bolt on. Thanks,

Dan
Old 02-25-2009, 01:06 AM
sna z

Peter at M1
Old 02-25-2009, 05:49 AM
HTP AutoWorks

If they are able to bake the panel to help cure it that will cut down the time for it to cure greatly. In fact it would be only days as opposed to 30 days.

To find a suplier to do that would be tough since they would have to take it to a paint shop, wait for it to cure, then take it to an installer. The they are kind of on the hook with the clear bra install if the customer doesnt like it. Not to mentions if the paint matches...

If you find one let me know. I will be in your area at the end of March doing some installation work. I can stop by and put some film on for you if you want...