Sponsored by:

Autozone PILOT SHIFT KNOB!

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2008, 08:27 AM
MethodRN
For Sale

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Greedy4nismo
could have been worse i think...he could have gone for the autozone economy leather seat upgrade:

Looks like one of those puffy down jackets ate the 350z seat
Old 01-31-2008, 08:56 AM
Chad68

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Greedy4nismo
could have been worse i think...he could have gone for the autozone economy leather seat upgrade:

LOL I've seen those seats posted before a few times. Kinda funny how they almost look like a flame suit.
Old 01-31-2008, 10:21 AM
702Fairlady

Originally Posted by usmanasif
I don't get why people insist so intently to replace the OEM ****. Even in Colorado's hot summers, I have never felt much heat from the tiny metal plate on the ****.
Please come to Las Vegas when it is hitting 115 outside. You will change that tune in a heartbeat. I used to have to cover my shiftknob with an iPod nano sock.
Old 01-31-2008, 10:44 AM
ZKansasZ

how do you get burned in summer by OEM shift ****???it has 1 little piece of metal in the middle and you dont have to hold that top to shift!
Old 01-31-2008, 10:47 AM
MethodRN
For Sale

Originally Posted by 702Fairlady
Please come to Las Vegas when it is hitting 115 outside. You will change that tune in a heartbeat. I used to have to cover my shiftknob with an iPod nano sock.
YUP!!! I've melted a radar detector over a summer w/ the Houston heat!
Old 01-31-2008, 10:53 AM
NGZ

That shift **** makes the Z's plastic interior look expensive.
Old 01-31-2008, 11:36 AM
JasonZ-YA
350Z-holic

Received 29 Likes on 20 Posts

Ha....Ha......I knew i was gonna get about a 95% flame on this thread. but believe me its comfortable and i like it. you have to see it in person to let the red actually compliment the Z interior....doesnt add, but doesnt clash either.....

chad68:
THANKS!

ya, if i never said where i got it from, no one would flame i bet! but the beauty of a forum is that its for information? and Im informing everyone that i love this **** and for the price you may be surprised...just like me and you were....

ya, i plan on installing two M10x1.25 nuts inside to mount with ease......

see you around the forum....thanks again for chimming in....

FOR THOSE ASKING ABOUT THE HEAT(BURNING YOURSELF ON OEM ****):

YES in south TEXAS weather the OEM top and the metal base BURN the SH^T out of you! I never liked the ergonomics either.....

702fairlady - Ya they dont understand! ive been to vegas and the OEM shift **** burns, heck vegas, texas doesnt matter oem **** burns! The comments from the others blah, blahing on the heat just dont know......thanks for chiming in...

OTHER OPTIONS:

Ive been to many car meets and have got to check out many others along with sit in the drivers seats of other fellow Z owners with aftermarket ***** but honestly didnt like or like the feel of any of them...

SMOKER - NO!
I do not smoke and i took the pictures with the car dirty! but this is a Drift AutoX car! not a daily driver so ive had to clean many tire/track particles out of the interior after drift events and my interior has been getting worse and worse every drift/autoX event i go to.

AM I A RICER:
To some of you, this **** makes me one! LOL...but like i said in the original post, I myself cant believe i bought it! but im SUPER glad i did!!

DENT ON SHIFT ****:

Yes the dent is there for ergonomics and its AWESOME!!!
for 14.99 you can buy one and hold it for yourself.......you will know what i mean! then u can return it if you dont like it! autozone will let you return anything!!

PRICE AND WHINING ABOUT CLASS:
okay, I CAN afford a nice shift **** (work as an Aerospace Engineer, got new vehicles, own my own house and have zero debt, credit cards, wife has degree also and we are enjoying our first year married)....

i just haven't gotten around to buying one yet, been spending my money on, coilovers, camber arms, exhaust, intake, X-box install on factory nav (do a search), tires for drift events, my other sets of wheels for drift events, my autoX wheel set, Webasto Sunroof, XM, yada, yada, yada, replacement seats. as you can see the car is touring with frost interior, yet i have 06 seats due to me totally disliking the OEM frost leather....

im currently looking for a 4 car for daily driving....do a search on my thread...wanna gas saver....thinking Nissan 200sx....keeping it in the Nissan family!!

i check out other shift ***** at meets because i remember when im there, mostly because im checking out other peoples Z's and then see the aftermarket shift **** and then ask if i can check it out! yet to find one i liked....for reasons like ergonomics, and most importantly burning my hand!

anyways! I bought it not cause its cheap but because i was in the AUTOZONE isle looking for a hitch cover for my NEW Xterra. SAME isle as the ricer crap...i.e. this shift ****....I noticed it really quickly and nearly instantly i thought it would be a good candidate! I was skeptical because it was a cheap knock off shift **** but for 14.99 i said "what the heck" if its crap ill just return it on another autozone visit or write it off and let it sit in my garage with all my other car parts, boxes, junk etc....

Im NOT trying to rationalize it at all, just telling it how it is, went to autozone for something else, left with a shift **** too! and Im glad i got this ****.....hope this helps someone one day, those like me living in hot enviorment locations that hate getting burned on the oem ****...

- jason

Last edited by JasonZ-YA; 01-31-2008 at 02:07 PM.
Old 01-31-2008, 11:48 AM
Sick Z

Hey Jason do you go to the neo-spec meets on Thursdays? you should check out the shift **** I have. Not a bad price either.
Old 01-31-2008, 11:49 AM
NoahzBurnt

HA! you said ballcock!
Old 01-31-2008, 11:50 AM
JasonZ-YA
350Z-holic

Originally Posted by Sick Z
Hey Jason do you go to the neo-spec meets on Thursdays? you should check out the shift **** I have. Not a bad price either.
sweet! would love to see it....when and where! today is all i got as im moving to dallas sunday! post the info on where yall meet.... or pm me..

- j
Old 01-31-2008, 11:51 AM
JasonZ-YA
350Z-holic

Originally Posted by NoahzBurnt
HA! you said ballcock!

ballcock!ballcock!ballcock!ballcock!ballcock!ballcock!ballco ck!ballcock!ballcock!ballcock!ballcock!ballcock!ballcock!bal lcock!

LOL!!!

- j
Old 01-31-2008, 12:06 PM
ZKansasZ

Originally Posted by JasonZ-YA
autozone will let you return anything!!

- jason
BS!
I bought a set of Silver star light bulbs from them WITH THE ASSISTANCE of their employees back in the day when I was a noob in cars! I went inside, ask them what kind of bulb I do need for my car with make, model, years, etc.
The bulb they sold me turned out to be the WRONG BULBS (9005 instead of 9006 or something like that) I went right back, took the same employee out to test fit with me.
They didnt take it back because the box was opened! I was like "how do you know it NOT FIT if you DONT OPEN the box???
Old 01-31-2008, 12:07 PM
JasonZ-YA
350Z-holic

Originally Posted by MC
hmm that red stitching mactches the stitching in the my nismo interior. how much did you say it was again?
$14.99 at autozone...check the first post. the model number is on there. but im sure you will recognize it when you go....its the only one with out BLING on it...LOL...

-j
Old 01-31-2008, 12:08 PM
JasonZ-YA
350Z-holic

okay, im outta here...gonna go vote for ZTUPIDS wife now, how did i miss that thread!

lucky man!

- j
Old 01-31-2008, 12:09 PM
JasonZ-YA
350Z-holic

Originally Posted by 350z-noob
BS!
I bought a set of Silver star light bulbs from them WITH THE ASSISTANCE of their employees back in the day when I was a noob in cars! I went inside, ask them what kind of bulb I do need for my car with make, model, years, etc.
The bulb they sold me turned out to be the WRONG BULBS (9005 instead of 9006 or something like that) I went right back, took the same employee out to test fit with me.
They didnt take it back because the box was opened! I was like "how do you know it NOT FIT if you DONT OPEN the box???

that bites! ive always been able to return things....sorry that happened to you..

-j
Old 01-31-2008, 12:10 PM
in2win

leather to pleather...FTL! WHY
Old 01-31-2008, 12:31 PM
ZKansasZ

that bites! ive always been able to return things....sorry that happened to you..

-j
thanks, man!
I didnt mean to rant in your thread but I just had to...lol
The minute they told me about not taking those bulbs back, I asked them:
"Where is your trash can"
--over there, they said"
I went straight there and threw those bulbs into the trash can and walked out.
I wanted them to know I dont try to scam them on a 20.00 light bulbs!

I know it was dumb to do such thing because I loose my own money. But I have short temple, haha...
Old 01-31-2008, 01:46 PM
noodleman

life story
no need to share your life story to give rationale for buying a cheap shift ****. If you really didn't care what other people said, a simple, "thanks for the comments, but to each his own!" and that's the end of that.
Old 01-31-2008, 02:03 PM
JasonZ-YA
350Z-holic

Originally Posted by noodleman
no need to share your life story to give rationale for buying a cheap shift ****. If you really didn't care what other people said, a simple, "thanks for the comments, but to each his own!" and that's the end of that.
true........and everyone else can also simply say "i dont like it" and press on, but they post flame pictures, icons with violins, *cough,*cough, and rant on and on....blah...blah..blah...

god bless the internet....i love this site! peace!...now back to the lounge to check out all the cool threads!!!

- j

Quick Reply: Autozone PILOT SHIFT KNOB!