Exterior & Interior 350Z Body modification, interior styling and lighting
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Grille-Tech grille.....Nice!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2003, 07:46 AM
all_bark

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It seems as if this guy is trying to sell these things (once he gets past defending them!!!! )

So mods, move it to the vendor classifieds section. Let em bark over there!
Old 06-26-2003, 08:04 AM
grille-tech

djkern

PM me and I'll take care of you. I don't know why you were told you can't return it?? We have a 30 day money back guarantee.
Old 06-26-2003, 09:39 AM
sexy350z

Talking i here ya

Originally posted by alienx
You know, I really try not to criticize other people's mods, so don't take this to personally. But this one has been around for a while and everytime I see it, I can't believe that people are happy with it. If I'm not mistaken, this is the grill that attaches with wire ties right?

It's not the grill that looks bad, but I can't believe I'm the only one that would be embarrassed for someone to see those cutoff ties holding the grill to my beautiful $30,000+ car.

Sorry.
i ordered mine about a month ago, and when i opened the box i saw the thick black zip ties and was like "ewwwwww no way!"...however , like someone else said if u attach it from the inside its not so bad...plus i used thinner silver wire and it looks great...cant see anything......just some advice to any of you thinking about it!
Old 06-26-2003, 09:52 AM
jazzfest

Wait a minute I have to take the bumper off to put this thing on? I thought it goes over the factory grill. I hope mine looks good as his.
Old 06-26-2003, 10:05 AM
fongster

I've had my Grill Tech grill for 5 months now and have had no problems with it. The fitment is perfect. As for the zip ties, I just reach down from the top behind the grill and thread the zip ties thru it. As for being noticeable. You don't notice them until you get really really close. It also depends on where you put them. Make sure they provide the same color zip ties as your grill. I drive thru farm country daily and have to clean off the bugs daily and it is holding well. Good quality! Also it looks better than the gutter stuff you buy at HD.
Old 06-26-2003, 10:52 AM
Dolfan13

Jazzfest, Check this site out before you buy into the tie wrap method.....It seems like theirs is made a lot better...

http://www.350z-accessories.com/schedule.htm
Attached Thumbnails Grille-Tech grille.....Nice!!-350zblack.jpg  
Old 06-26-2003, 11:00 AM
djkern
Banned

those only have a better way of attaching it. there is nothing wrong with the zip ties. yeah, there are better ways....but i'm sure there are better ways of everything. i was just PM'd and told i could get a new grill insert cause mine was made back when they weren't exact fits. they have made them better...and they fit perfect now. look at that web site above this post. look at the chrome grill stuff. 5 bucks to buy....selling it for 19??? and the rest is a rip off as well.

djk
Old 06-26-2003, 12:44 PM
fongster

The zip ties would be allot less noticable.
Old 06-26-2003, 02:45 PM
TXSTYLE
Banned

Thumbs up

I've had mine on for MONTHS now and it is looking as SWEET as it did the day I mounted it! Fitment is perfect, looks are tight, and it sure as hell keeps debree from blowing all up under the hood. GREAT MOD, GREAT PRICE. I'm satisfied.

Old 06-26-2003, 02:56 PM
sexy350z

Default you dont haaaaaaaaaaaaave to take it off

Originally posted by jazzfest
Wait a minute I have to take the bumper off to put this thing on? I thought it goes over the factory grill. I hope mine looks good as his.
u dont have to take the bumper of to put it on, but the end result is ten times better!
Old 06-26-2003, 07:16 PM
cincyspider

sorry...but any company that won't accept a misfitting product back for ANY reason isn't going to get a dime of my money!

And the LAME reason that the GD box was opened....what a joke!

You people have GOT to be kidding!

I ordered a stillen grille.
Old 06-26-2003, 08:38 PM
kozik

I got the stillen grille. flat aluminum on my chrome silver. it looks EXCELLENT and has curved edges. it comes with metal clips you see no fasteners at all. but..since it curves i drilled 2 hidden holes inside the bumper and safety wiredd it invisibly. i am very happy with the stillen..it looks like it could be 'stock'. took about an hour to install,including my extra attachment.
Old 06-26-2003, 08:50 PM
grille-tech

Originally posted by Dolfan13
Jazzfest, Check this site out before you buy into the tie wrap method.....It seems like theirs is made a lot better...

http://www.350z-accessories.com/schedule.htm
These don't look like they fit very well. Just my opinion
Old 06-26-2003, 09:34 PM
misel00

Buy the STILLEn front grill!!! Great fit...no ZIP TIES!!!! it bolts on with speacial hangers...now stillen spent the time ot make it right!!! it only costs $107 bucks from stillen!!!!!

Hope this helps!
Old 06-26-2003, 10:17 PM
DTFan

Chris, I bought one of these through Ebay about 2 weeks ago and I have a quesiton. You said in your email that you ship USPS priority mail. Then according to your website my order has shipped. So why haven't I gotten it yet? USPS priority takes max 3 days.

Item 2419767256 on ebay

-Dave
Old 06-27-2003, 01:30 AM
xtort

I bought this grill off Ebay and I'm very satisfied. It's less than 50 bucks and changes the whole look of the car from the front. The zip ties arent that bad although clear ones would be nice. The Stillen grille is twice as much and yeah it looks twice as much. Great fit, great price, great product. Shipping was quick as well.
Old 06-27-2003, 05:58 AM
jran76

I agree that the zip ties are not the best, but it is easy to remove if I have to (tow hook), and the reason I bought it was to keep my radiator in one piece (it was getting destroyed).... Overall, I am happy with my $40 investment.
Old 06-27-2003, 06:04 AM
djkern
Banned

Originally posted by cincyspider
sorry...but any company that won't accept a misfitting product back for ANY reason isn't going to get a dime of my money!

And the LAME reason that the GD box was opened....what a joke!

You people have GOT to be kidding!

I ordered a stillen grille.
i guess i got in touch with the bad guy over at the company. i was PM'd immediately after i posted what i posted and was offered a new one. i am getting the nismo body kit and i'm not sure if the grill will fit on the bumper (nothing to attach it to like on the OEM bumper)...but, he said if it works out to give him a call and he'll help me out.

djk
Old 06-27-2003, 07:39 AM
OC_350Z

I got one one ebay. Only took about 2 weeks. I think for the money it's a good product. I attatched it in about 15 minutes. I removed the front screws of the underpanel and stuck my arm up inside the car. I put the grill on using 5 ties, 2 on each side, 1 in the middle. If you put the ties on correctly you really can't see them. I'll post some pictures later.
Old 06-30-2003, 06:08 PM
DTFan

TX Style, do you think you could get a digital picture of your grill close up? I put mine on, but I think the black zips ties are prominant in the center of the grill. I want to see where you put yours.

-DTF

Quick Reply: Grille-Tech grille.....Nice!!