grille-tech

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Grille-Tech grille.....Nice!!

Check them out!!

http://www.grille-tech.com/detail.html?prodid=141
Old 06-25-2003, 12:28 PM
alienx

You know, I really try not to criticize other people's mods, so don't take this to personally. But this one has been around for a while and everytime I see it, I can't believe that people are happy with it. If I'm not mistaken, this is the grill that attaches with wire ties right?

It's not the grill that looks bad, but I can't believe I'm the only one that would be embarrassed for someone to see those cutoff ties holding the grill to my beautiful $30,000+ car.

Sorry.
Old 06-25-2003, 12:54 PM
suprblkperformance

i bought one of these on ebay about a week and a half to 2 weeks ago and it still has not arrived. Just wondering if you or you company has any info on where my order is?

Thanks
David Litt
Old 06-25-2003, 01:11 PM
alienx

Oh, I don't feel bad anymore, I didn't realize that this guy was selling them.

If that is the case, then this "add-on" is lame. Not the grill itself, but the fact that you can't design it to mount any better.
Old 06-25-2003, 01:37 PM
grille-tech

Originally posted by alienx
You know, I really try not to criticize other people's mods, so don't take this to personally. But this one has been around for a while and everytime I see it, I can't believe that people are happy with it. If I'm not mistaken, this is the grill that attaches with wire ties right?

It's not the grill that looks bad, but I can't believe I'm the only one that would be embarrassed for someone to see those cutoff ties holding the grill to my beautiful $30,000+ car.

Sorry.
Do me a favor and look under your hood and underneath your car and count how many zip ties Nissan uses on your $30,000 car! Also if you install the grille from behind the grille you can barley see them. Not to mention we use the highest quality UV protected (black cable ties). I guess you would rather drill holes in your car. That's fine anyone can mount the grille any way they see fit. You are of coarse welcome to your opinion
Old 06-25-2003, 01:39 PM
grille-tech

Originally posted by suprblkperformance
i bought one of these on ebay about a week and a half to 2 weeks ago and it still has not arrived. Just wondering if you or you company has any info on where my order is?

Thanks
David Litt
Please e-mail info@grille-tech.com we'll be sure to get you straight. Oh, please include your item #.
Old 06-25-2003, 02:11 PM
djkern
Banned

the fitment on these isn't great. i got one a while back and it didn't fit correctly. i called to complain and they said since it's out of the box, i can't return it. question is thought...how are you supposed to test fit it without taking it out of the box??? anyway, i installed it...but it's not perfect. looks nice though...wish it fit better. and i wish the customer service was a little better. a new, better fitting, grill would have been nice....but i got nowhere with the call.

djk
Old 06-25-2003, 02:55 PM
Dolfan13

A little smart engineering and maybe you could come up with something better than zip ties......
Attached Thumbnails Grille-Tech grille.....Nice!!-mvc-004s.jpg  
Old 06-25-2003, 02:57 PM
Dolfan13

Or maybe something like this.....
Attached Thumbnails Grille-Tech grille.....Nice!!-mvc-003s.jpg  
Old 06-25-2003, 06:58 PM
alienx

Originally posted by grille-tech
Do me a favor and look under your hood and underneath your car and count how many zip ties Nissan uses on your $30,000 car! Also if you install the grille from behind the grille you can barley see them. Not to mention we use the highest quality UV protected (black cable ties). I guess you would rather drill holes in your car. That's fine anyone can mount the grille any way they see fit. You are of coarse welcome to your opinion
No offense but that defense is weak.

I hope you can believe it when I say that I am really not intending to attack you personally, or your effort to sell a Z product. It just strikes me as ridiculous when I see some poor Z owner posting a picture of that grill cover wire tied to the existing grill.

Some other people here have suggested alternatives. I would add that you certainly should be able to expect, as a potential customer, that the manufacturer would take the time to add some mounting tabs of some sort behind the grill itself (as one possible alternative for mounting).

My comments are coming from the concept itself, not the fact that the wire ties might be of poor quality. It just strikes me as marginally better than duct tape.

Sorry for the negativity.

PS. I've never seen one of these deals in person so maybe I'm overlooking something. But in all the pictures, it looks like a piece of metal held to the front of the grill with wire ties.
Old 06-25-2003, 07:09 PM
ranger5oh

I agree with the above comment. Wire ties are pretty lame, I would buy one of these otherwise. To counter a previous statement, wire ties under the hood are holding WIRES and they are UNDER the hood, so you cant see em. If Nissan used Wire ties to hold on the factory grille, I think we would all be a little pissed!
Old 06-25-2003, 08:07 PM
quangquoclu

word!!!
Old 06-25-2003, 08:13 PM
djkern
Banned

yeah, all these comments are true. but, when it comes down to it...you can't even see the zip ties if you do it right. but, yes, that means you have to "do it right"....and hide them. it's not the greatest method.....actually it sucks. but, may people out there have been modifying it and making it better.
Old 06-25-2003, 09:30 PM
frenzee

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by alienx

Sorry.
Yeah, I passed up on these for the same reason. Just wouldm't feel right knowing those strap ties are there, even if it doesn't show. I was hoping it would replace the factory grill not just cover it up. I hope someone comes up with a clean design.
Old 06-25-2003, 09:46 PM
grille-tech

Look, I agree zip ties may not be the ideal way of mounting our grilles. We have looked into having small brackets such as these manufactured and were quoted ridiculously high prices. Plus not all cars have the same type of grille fins. Some cars or trucks with the same type of fin as the 350Z have thicker or wider grille fins. Meaning different sized brackets and screws. We make grilles for over 50 different model cars, trucks and SUV’s so we have to think about all of our products when deciding on a attachment method. Another consideration is sending stainless screws to attach the black grilles. These would be quite noticeable. The cable ties do work and work pretty well. I had a grille attached to my S2000 for 18 months with no problems.

We want to offer a good product at a good price and I feel we do that. If anyone has a source where we could buy small brackets like Dolfan13 posted in quantity at a good price we would strongly consider changing to this type of attachment method.
Old 06-25-2003, 10:17 PM
grille-tech

Also we want to become a sponsor of 350Z.com. I have tried contacting through "Contact Us" I am directed to a PM. I tried this 5 or 6 times with no reply. If anyone has an e-mail address of someone in charge of this please PM me.
Old 06-25-2003, 11:57 PM
jazzfest

I just ordered the grill for my silver 350z. I hope it looks good on it. About the zip ties, long as no one sees it while im driving my car or parked I wouldn't care about it. Im just hoping it doesn't fly off or rattle while Im driving.
Old 06-26-2003, 07:19 AM
Welsh 350Z N

Mine fits very well, is great quality and the company gave me good service. I would have preferred a different fitting method but if you take your time and install with the bumper off I think it looks great and the ties are practically invisible. Not the best of pictures but...............
Attached Thumbnails Grille-Tech grille.....Nice!!-nose.jpg  
Old 06-26-2003, 07:34 AM
djkern
Banned

yeah, yours looks like it's a good fit. mine is a crappy fit...and when i asked them to replace it, they told me that the box was open and they can't take it back. HOW ABOUT THEY OFFER ME ONE NOW?? haha. i would like one of the newer ones that was made to fit the car better. mine doesn't fit well at all!!!!

djk
Old 06-26-2003, 07:39 AM
Welsh 350Z N

I agree man - that is not cool. Customer satisfaction is critical to the ongoing success fo any business so they should step up and sort you out.

Quick Reply: Grille-Tech grille.....Nice!!