Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Question about Seibon TS hood install

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2008, 05:34 PM
jeffie7

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Question about Seibon TS hood install

I have an 03 with stock strut bar. I installed the hood today, it felt like it was rubbing something a bit so I went ahead and remove the strut bar, batter/brake covers and the latch so I could rule them out and get a good fitment on the hood.

With everything removed I've noticed that the front left of the hood seems to be a bit higher then the front right (front being near headlights) its almost as if the hood is slightly warped, if I push down on the left side it goes into place and looks even with the right, but it does need pressure on that side to look normal, I'm guessing if I were to use only the stock latch, the left side would never look right. I'm hoping washers will allow the hood to sit flush on both sides, however the rear looks like its where it should be, I really dont want it any higher. Also I've noticed that with the battery/brake covers in place, the hood rest right on top of them. It can still be pushed down into place but its clearly sitting on top of the plastic.

Is this normal?

on a plus note, the hood DOES NOT hit the strut bar.

As far as the hood quality goes. theres some marks on the edge of the hood that will need to be sanded down, I missed that on my first inspection. over all the hood looks damn good.

CLIFF NOTES

hood sits on brake/battery covers and the front left near the headlight is higher then the front right making it seem as if the hood is slightly warped.
Hopefully washers will be the answer.... I'll find out tomorrow.
Old 03-16-2008, 06:10 PM
AmateuRN

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just got a Seibon hood this week for my G... the funny thing is, it seems warped also...
Old 03-16-2008, 06:54 PM
Chad68

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

How bad does it rest on the covers? Maybe you could dremal the contact point on the underside of the hood enough to get it to not rub?

Usually people have problems with it hitting the strut bar.

Hood pins will make both sides sit correct, once hood pin heigths are set properly.
Old 03-16-2008, 07:36 PM
jeffie7

Originally Posted by Chad68
How bad does it rest on the covers? Maybe you could dremal the contact point on the underside of the hood enough to get it to not rub?

Usually people have problems with it hitting the strut bar.

Hood pins will make both sides sit correct, once hood pin heigths are set properly.
I have hood pins that will be installed but I'd rather it sit right with out force.
tomorrow I'll shim the right side hinge.
Old 03-17-2008, 04:46 PM
jeffie7

Even with washers the hood still hits the brake/battery covers. also clearly it IS warped, not much, but enough to notice it, once the hood is latched it seems fine, but it does need to have that side held down, with out the latch it sticks up higher.

I've noticed it seems the hood bolts are drilled off slightly because the hood sits too close to the windshield, only by about 1/2" however that's enough to show up on the front side, in order to get my latch to fit into the hood, I had to bend it forward, now it closes, but with a lot of effort, I'm going to dremel the latch bolt holes so I can adjust it a bit higher. I might also dremel out the hood hinges so I can move the hood up slightly forward.

pain in the ***, but it sure does look good.
Old 03-18-2008, 02:42 PM
Z1 Performance
Former Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

very common for that hood