Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Racing seats

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2008, 03:29 PM
thebarrenland

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Racing seats

Are all racing seats universal>? or do certian ones only fit the 350z. Here is a link to some seats that I was going to buy. Had a nismo seats on ebay, but these seem more reputible. let me know what u think!!
http://www.tunerdirect.com/specd-rs-...r-p-13469.html
Old 03-23-2008, 05:01 PM
t1m1t

ive never heard of RS EVO seats before...

imo, id go with either bride, recaro, or sparcos as they are well known seat companies that do the job

also, i believe many of the seats on ebay marked with "nismo" on them are fake. just a heads up
Old 03-23-2008, 05:35 PM
SpoilsofWar

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Cheap ebay style seats, sure to be heavier then the stockers, made by chinese women in some damp basement, with plenty of play in the tilt mechanism. There is no part of those seats that could have any possible connection to "racing" as mentioned in your thread title.

$329 for a pair of leather reclinable seats is your first clue that they are junk.

There are quality, affordable aftermarket seats out there, they are called Corbeau.
Old 03-23-2008, 05:51 PM
leakyZ

Ok now before you go and make any mistakes like i have in the past ill give you a few tips on this stuff. First of all those seats in your link, here is the description right off the page: Spec-D RS EVO Style Black Leather Racing Seats (Pair) Notice the word STYLE! that means it has nothing to do with anything other then the overall look. Just like on ebay when you see Greddy STYLE (not greddy) just looks like it.
Next no aftermarket seat will just bolt in you will have to buy bases and sliders for your car to match the seat($100 each on average) You could just ghetto them in but us 350z owners do do that(i hope)
Last, if your just looking for a different seat and dont care about the brand or the weight then by all means go with a cheaper seat. A friend of mine has a show mustang thats been in 7 magazines and on the over of 2 and Runs 9.64!!! He has a pair of $400 black leather ebay seats! 3 years old and no one has said anything and he hasnt had a problem with them yet.. Good luck in your search
Old 03-24-2008, 04:37 AM
Moroccan_Mole

maybe it's me, but safety equipment is not one thing you want to cheap out on. if you're looking for an after market seat, buy from an established company.
Old 03-24-2008, 05:03 AM
JDSMotoring
Vendor - Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

dude please don't spend money on garbage like this...just wait and get bride or sparcos and trust me you won't regret it. it will cost more but you get what you pay for.
Old 03-24-2008, 05:39 AM
Z1 Performance
Former Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

So reputable they can't even post a real picture of them!! They look exactly like every other ebay seat. I'd be embarrased to have those chincy seats in my nice car....better off leaving them stock. If the need to upgrade seats is burning inside you, save your money for something that's actually an upgrade, or don't bother doing it at all.
Old 03-24-2008, 04:39 PM
thebarrenland

thanks guys lol yea I figures the nismo seats and pulled out before it was to late. I really want some sparcos I saw but they at 1 grand a piece excluding the sliders...Ill keep looking around and hopefully find something.
Old 03-24-2008, 05:08 PM
plumpzz

Yeah.. Would you cheap out on an airbag or a seatbelt? Safety equipment is definitely one thing I would NOT cheap out. It all works fine until it has to hold structure in a crash...
Old 03-26-2008, 09:40 PM
thebarrenland

Wow I never knew how much seats cost yet I keep going back to them I found these Recaro seats and love the way they look, but how do you now whats real and whats not on ebay?? even if it is a reliable dealer?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/RECAR...spagenameZWDVW
if these are still no go ima save for the Sparco chrono road seats lol. I wanted leather really bad thou. thanks!
Old 03-26-2008, 11:40 PM
t1m1t

Originally Posted by thebarrenland
Wow I never knew how much seats cost yet I keep going back to them I found these Recaro seats and love the way they look, but how do you now whats real and whats not on ebay?? even if it is a reliable dealer?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/RECAR...spagenameZWDVW
if these are still no go ima save for the Sparco chrono road seats lol. I wanted leather really bad thou. thanks!

as stated earlier by another member, read CAREFULLY. the link you just provided states "Recaro dc5 STYLE" meaning they are NOT recaros, only seats that have the same style as recaros.

go with the sparcos. you'll be a lot happier with a seat that actually performs the way it was made for