Sponsored by:

My bud got a G35C...a little jealous of some of his features

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2003, 08:30 PM
flynnibus
Z Flier

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by ares
but Im young, no wife, no kids, so I may as well enjoy a 2 seater while I can.
Don't worry.. there is still hope on the other side...

I'm young.. married.. and got 3 kids.. but I still got the 2 seater

Thing is.. you have to give into the higher power and give her that minivan she wanted first..

Actually.. I got my Z then the minivan
Old 07-05-2003, 08:47 PM
ihatethatbobbarker

Originally posted by old_s13

Companies like INFINITI, LEXUS, and ACURA are all about image. Somehow, by doing things like adding badges, more leather, and old analog clocks they impress shallow people into thinking they are better. I love telling Acura owners that they own Hondas. I especially love it when they try to disagree with me -- all I have to do is point to the stampings on their windows which say HONDA.
for like 6 months i dated the shallowest girl in the world, id love to tell her i drove a honda and shed get amd and insist i drove an acura. Same thing with the G, i told her it was a nissan and she didnt even believe me on that one.
btw she wanted an s2000 until she found out honda made it.

i prefer to call my car a nissan, i feel like if i call it an infiniti im falling for all the marketing ******** they try to feed us.

btw i think the grass is always greener on the other side, so everyones gonna have moments where they want something else, it might not be the G35, maybe an s2000 or something, but lately ive been wanting another car less and less, the longer i have my G35 the more i love it. i jsut want black interior damnit!
Old 07-05-2003, 09:57 PM
TIGHT-Z

Default The G35 being little show and NO go? Right. What have you been smoking. You put these

I dont think so, I have raced to G's at the strip and I beat both of them by at least two car lengths. One was stock and the other had stillen exhaust and CAI. By the way my Z is stock.
The G isnt a sports car in my opinion, its just a car for people that would like a sports cars, but need the extra seats for their wifes groceries.
I dont even know why people compare the two, you can say the numbers are almost the same, thats ********. Race a G VS. Z stock for stock and the Z crushes it.

Sorry but if you wanted a real sports car you should of got the Z, but its good you didnt, less Z's on the road.
Old 07-05-2003, 10:32 PM
john0213

well looks like this thread is going into the wrong site, got a sense of fight coming soon~ anywayz looks like we need to calm ourselves down a little bit....

oh btw, i really think the seats on the G coupe is different than the one on our Z, my salesman just keep saying they are the same blah blah blah, but i feel that the seat on the G is a bit narrower than the one on the Z, also the leg room on the G is a bit smaller than the one on the Z too(that's just what i feel it might be wrong).
Old 07-05-2003, 10:34 PM
ares
Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think part of that is that few ever drive all the way back, the G should have more legroom or so I would guess, but if you use it, the back seat is useless. in the Z, go all the way back, doesnt make any difference.
Old 07-05-2003, 11:04 PM
afr0puff

Default Re: The G35 being little show and NO go? Right. What have you been smoking. You put these

Originally posted by TIGHT-Z
Race a G VS. Z stock for stock and the Z crushes it.
Define "crushes" for me. Or how about this... post the best numbers ever recorded for a stock Z and the best numbers ever recorded for a stock G. Sure, the car's may "feel" different, but in the end, im gonna stick to saying its a driver's race if we're doing stock for stock.

It's the whole Toyota Landcruiser vs Lexus LX470 arguement. Both have pros and cons over the other, but in the end... they are going to cater to a different crowd due to those minute pros and cons.
Old 07-06-2003, 12:45 AM
ihatethatbobbarker

id like to see these "crushing" time slips cause i raced a z twice first we were dead even the entire way 2nd he slowly pulled ahead about a car length. 2nd race was froma launch, when not launching the Zs lighter weight becomes almost irrelavant.

tight you sound like the salesman who tried to sell me a Z after i bought a G35c and he saw me in it.
ill say the same to you what do you call a porsche, a supra, 97+ RX7s, a skyline GTR, M3, and theres even a 4 seater ferrari
skylines and m3s can be classified as touring cars but if 911s and supras arent sports cars, its gonna get very limited.
Old 07-06-2003, 07:24 AM
rouxeny

Actually, I'm surprised by how different the two cars are from each other. For having the same chassis, engine and essentially suspension, they drive totally differently.
Old 07-06-2003, 09:30 AM
vice86

MY THREAD HAS BEEN HIJACKED!!!! lol...its all good..a little friendly rivalry between makes is good.

My opinion is that they are called "luxury division" for a reason...maybe more quality goes into it. I almost bought a Lexus GS300...but its hard to pay more money knowing its just a Toyota with fancier leather seats...but to each their own.
Old 07-06-2003, 09:37 AM
Zeromancer

It's all G's and Z's, my babies!!! It's all G's and Z's...

Basically, the exact same car with different choices of options, to each his own...
Old 07-06-2003, 10:25 AM
old_s13

Default Re: Re: The G35 being little show and NO go? Right. What have you been smoking. You put these

Originally posted by afr0puff
Define "crushes" for me. Or how about this... post the best numbers ever recorded for a stock Z and the best numbers ever recorded for a stock G. Sure, the car's may "feel" different, but in the end, im gonna stick to saying its a driver's race if we're doing stock for stock.

It's the whole Toyota Landcruiser vs Lexus LX470 arguement. Both have pros and cons over the other, but in the end... they are going to cater to a different crowd due to those minute pros and cons.
Well said.. I agree. I dont think either car would "crush" eachother. I have no doubt that the Z is more sporty than the G35-C, but at the same time I dont see either motor being much better than the other. The power specs are SO similar, it wont take much more than a few mods on EITHER VQ to loosen up some more power. The tables can turn pretty easily. Comparing EITHER car by drag-racing is just silly to me. Flooring the pedal is such a lame way to compare cars, its so AMERICAN!

I am curious to see what they do in Japan to compare and compete the Z33 and the G35 against eachother. I can easily see the G35 competing with the Z, all it will take is a bit of chassis-lightening, coilovers, wheels, and the tables can turn OH too easily. Its going to be nice to see what comparisons pop up in the future...
Old 07-06-2003, 10:44 AM
ihatethatbobbarker

i assume nissan people get along with eachother in japan, and have much more respect for their fellow enthusiast cars.
Old 07-06-2003, 11:25 AM
afr0puff

As for this thread being hijacked, I will say this as a G owner. Sometimes I wish I had the Z headlight cluster. Looks so wicked. "Sometimes"
Old 07-06-2003, 12:25 PM
2003z

Default Re: Re: No.

[QUOTE][i]
as for is300 motors swaps, theres the 3S-GTE out of mr2turbos and celica alltracs.
[QUOTE]

the most correct is300 swap is the twin turbo supra engine, as they are both the same block.
Old 07-06-2003, 01:50 PM
ihatethatbobbarker

Default Re: Re: Re: No.

[QUOTE]Originally posted by 2003z
[QUOTE][i]
as for is300 motors swaps, theres the 3S-GTE out of mr2turbos and celica alltracs.

the most correct is300 swap is the twin turbo supra engine, as they are both the same block.
i useto think that, but to my knowledge theres only one full 2JZ swap in the US, (several older lexus SC300s though have it, theres one in the process at bodypros in garden grove)
with my own eyes ive seen 2 3SGTE swaps into IS300's and i wouldnt be surprised if theirs more.
i dont lurk on an altezza/is300 boards so i could be wrong.
Old 07-06-2003, 03:36 PM
EmpiricalGMan

Originally posted by old_s13
I dont even want to spend the time analyzing your message, but to call the Z a "riceboy racer version" is like the pot calling the kettle black. Last I checked, the VQ was in BOTH vehicles.
I read the "riceboy" comment as tongue-in-cheek, personally. "Rice" has nothing to do with engines or actual performance, just image. I think we can agree that, between the two, the Z is the one that's trying really hard to look fast. Of course, because it actually IS fast, it doesn't qualify as a rice-mobile (stock, anyway). The R-word just gets thrown around way too much. But again, I don't think that comment was meant to be taken seriously.

Companies like INFINITI, LEXUS, and ACURA are all about image. Somehow, by doing things like adding badges, more leather, and old analog clocks they impress shallow people into thinking they are better. I love telling Acura owners that they own Hondas. I especially love it when they try to disagree with me -- all I have to do is point to the stampings on their windows which say HONDA.
See above re: image. Most cars are bought in whole or part for image. SUVs are the prime example. But does your Z need to be styled so aggressively? Would you still have bought it if it was called a "Nissan Potatomobile" and looked like a Ford Focus, even if everything else under the sheetmetal was exactly the same? Did you get the spoiler, even though it's completely useless at any speed that's remotely legal? And why does every front-wheel drive Honda have a spoiler, but (correct me if I'm wrong) NOT the S2000?? I mean, Honda is not stupid, right? If spoilers were important, they'd put one on their fastest and *cough* only car that puts power to the rear wheels, right? I'm sure it was an image-based decision.

There is a reason why the G35 is a NISSAN and why the IS300 is a TOYOTA in Japan. Its only places like this that need badges to confirm people's lack of esteem in this country.
Not for long. Toyota has announced that Lexus dealerships will open in Japan within the next year and a half. Acura and Infiniti could follow. So would an IS300 still be a Toyota then? Do they need to have their own dedicated design team, even if two Toyotas might not have a single engineer in common during their design? If they hire a laid off design team from another auto maker, would the car they design be, say, a re-badged Suzuki?

It's probably best to look at each car individually and not get too hung up on brands. I never gave a damn about any Infiniti before my G came along. I haven't given a damn about any Nissan since the original Datsun Z. As I was telling someone else, how is my car any more a Nissan Skyline than an Infiniti G35? It has NOTHING in common with a Skyline. No Skyline ever had a V6, let alone a VQ engine. No Skylines were built on the FM platform. No Skylines have been rwd since the early 90s. No Skylines look the slightest bit like my car. Clearly, calling my car a Nissan Skyline in Japan is just some marketting ploy to get shallow people to associate it with a completely different image. And since it can't really be a Skyline, the only thing left for it to be is an Infiniti G35. Furthermore, because there are three times as many Infiniti models running VQ35 engines on FM platforms with RWD drivetrains as there are Nissans, perhaps it would be more accurate to call the 350Z a re-badged Infiniti using the Z name to boost its image.

Or maybe we're all just driving Renaults, since they own Nissan.
Old 07-06-2003, 08:26 PM
zdork

Default Re: The G35 being little show and NO go? Right. What have you been smoking. You put these

Originally posted by TIGHT-Z
I dont think so, I have raced to G's at the strip and I beat both of them by at least two car lengths. One was stock and the other had stillen exhaust and CAI. By the way my Z is stock.
The G isnt a sports car in my opinion, its just a car for people that would like a sports cars, but need the extra seats for their wifes groceries.
I dont even know why people compare the two, you can say the numbers are almost the same, thats ********. Race a G VS. Z stock for stock and the Z crushes it.

Sorry but if you wanted a real sports car you should of got the Z, but its good you didnt, less Z's on the road.

You are very ignorant.

A 350Z cannot "crush" a G35 Coupe by two car lengths in the 1/4. I'm not saying that *you* didn't, but that Coupe driver must have been a real novice. Also, straight-line racing is for pansies. Seeing who can drive in a straight line for 1/4 mile the fastest is no way to pass judgement on a car's prowess.

Also, for your information, in the latest Best Motoring video the Skyline Coupe BEAT the Fairlady Z in a track race. And the post-race comments raved of the Coupe's handling over the Z. It handled every corner tighter and faster!!

Just an FYI from a ZEE owner!!!
Old 07-06-2003, 08:36 PM
TIGHT-Z

Default ZDORK...

"Also, straight-line racing is for pansies. Seeing who can drive in a straight line for 1/4 mile the fastest is no way to pass judgement on a car's prowess."

Thats what you say, but if my car wins going in straight line 1/4, thats means my car is faster than yours. Therefore, my car is the better sports car, is that to hard to understand for you???

Just my .2 cents, from a more experienced Z owner.
Old 07-06-2003, 08:40 PM
90260Z

Well...it's not the G beating the Z or the Z beating the G. It's all the drivers and the driving skills.
Old 07-06-2003, 09:37 PM
Zeromancer

I love you, guys...

Quick Reply: My bud got a G35C...a little jealous of some of his features