Notices
Exterior & Interior 350Z Body modification, interior styling and lighting
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

DON'T DEAL WITH MR. ZIPPS! SCAMMER proof inside.

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2008, 01:59 PM
Nic@CiNcity
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sadly, like JAMEZ said, everything I have in my shop is already paid for. Unless one of those guys wants to donate you their lights (even for a short time), I can't do anything quickly for you unless you get a brand new set or find some some place???

Hope everything works out well for you.
Old 05-06-2008, 02:16 PM
IIQuickSilverII

Received 215 Likes on 184 Posts

if derek is interested i coudl let him borrow my older 03-05s that Nic has, but its up to him

I think derek wants an 06 version anyways....

Dammm this sucks bro, i know you were really excited about having them back and getting your car done...always some fackign homo screwing things up. I remmeber i too was about to send my headlights to that scammer but i was lucky enough to wait for CiN City headlights to come online .

Last edited by IIQuickSilverII; 05-06-2008 at 02:18 PM.
Old 05-06-2008, 02:17 PM
CAVZ33

Originally Posted by old_s13
Wow, this is incredible.

I think the worst part about this/these situation(s) is that he is not coming forward onto the forum, let alone HANDLING the problem.

We get extremely busy with projects over here, and often times we've been in situations where things have gotten really tough or delayed. But you gotta keep your customers informed, be responsible and either get them another set of lights - or repair the damages.

I feel really bad hearing stuff like this. Best of luck, I hope things work out OK.

Mike / ClearCorners.Com
That is the truth, Mike has been working on my headlights and has always updated on my project and warned me that the damage done by Zipps silicone might not be reparable, also told me upfront that it would be a while before he got them done. He also went the extra mile and asked if I wanted to barrow some 04 spares he had at the shop.

So far Mike at clearcorners.com has been excellent. Once they are done I will post Pic's. I know Mike won't screw up, from what I’ve seen it looks as he does excellent work and I think he cares about his rep too much to do a Mr. Zipps !!!

So we have to shops to take care of are headlights needs:
Clearcorners.com and CinCity.

Last edited by CAVZ33; 05-06-2008 at 02:22 PM.
Old 05-06-2008, 02:27 PM
dj.kickz

i've got a set of 05's that I'd offer up but shipping from Hawaii sucks.
Old 05-06-2008, 03:22 PM
DJ SMITTY
Sponsor
CIN Motorsports

Preciate everyones help. Hopefully this will all work out.
Old 05-06-2008, 04:35 PM
solidsnake

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Has he teamed up with kayfunk? OH NOES!!!!
Old 05-06-2008, 04:41 PM
Jay'Z
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Why couldnt you file your claim through BBB for free?? Just curious..
Old 05-06-2008, 04:53 PM
usmanasif

BBB handles claims against businesses, not individuals. And all it does is inform them that a complaint has been received. It is not an enforcing body, unlike a court.
Old 05-06-2008, 04:56 PM
Jay'Z
Banned

Originally Posted by usmanasif
BBB handles claims against businesses, not individuals. And all it does is inform them that a complaint has been received. It is not an enforcing body, unlike a court.
I thought www.mrzipps.com was a business.. It enforced Nissan to pay for my 4k differential... U sure u know what u talking about?
Old 05-06-2008, 04:58 PM
350ZYALATA
Tentill4z

Originally Posted by Jay'Z
I thought www.mrzipps.com was a business.. It enforced Nissan to pay for my 4k differential... U sure u know what u talking about?
If he's this shady chances are he's doing everything under the table. Chances are he's not a registered business, No tax I.D. BBB would not go after him. He created his own type of business but I don't think he's actually got a place of business set up.

Last edited by 350ZYALATA; 05-06-2008 at 05:01 PM.
Old 05-06-2008, 04:59 PM
Jay'Z
Banned

Originally Posted by 350ZYALATA
Chances are he's not a registered business.

Ok.. Just thought with all the HID upgrades he supposedly did he was making it a business/registered..
Old 05-06-2008, 05:04 PM
350ZYALATA
Tentill4z

Ok.. Just thought with all the HID upgrades he supposedly did he was making it a business/registered..
Shady people.
Old 05-07-2008, 05:08 PM
old_s13

Originally Posted by CAVZ33
That is the truth, Mike has been working on my headlights and has always updated on my project and warned me that the damage done by Zipps silicone might not be reparable, also told me upfront that it would be a while before he got them done. He also went the extra mile and asked if I wanted to barrow some 04 spares he had at the shop.

So far Mike at clearcorners.com has been excellent. Once they are done I will post Pic's. I know Mike won't screw up, from what I’ve seen it looks as he does excellent work and I think he cares about his rep too much to do a Mr. Zipps !!!

So we have to shops to take care of are headlights needs:
Clearcorners.com and CinCity.
I appreciate the kind words Eddie.

Its weird seeing so many people jump in on the hate bang-wagon though. I recall last year lots of good things being said about Mr Zipps. Its really incredible how quickly things can change when you dont handle your business affairs.

The best thing they can learn from examples like this is to BE CAREFUL who you trust with your car and your parts. The 06+ headlamps are fairly expensive. I myself am very particular with who I trust working on my vehicles and would hate to see such expensive parts get damaged due to negligence.

All businesses have problems from time to time, you cant please every customer - but the least you can do is man-up and be responsible for damaged goods. Repair or replace, do you what you need to do to resolve the situations at hand and move forward.

Mike / ClearCorners.Com
Old 05-07-2008, 05:58 PM
DJ SMITTY
Sponsor
CIN Motorsports

I just went on everyones recommendation.

My lawyer sent him a preliminary email with attached law suit today. If he doesn't have me new lights by Sunday the 11th of May, my lawyer is going to file the paper work. If that's the case, Mr. Zipps will have to come to court in NC.

Hopefully this is over in a month.
Old 05-07-2008, 06:56 PM
usmanasif

BBB cannot "force" anyone to do anything, so even if Zipps is a business it makes no difference. The reason Nissan paid you the $4k is simply because unless the complaint was closed, it would have forever stayed on their record and large companies would rather pay a few bucks to have an issue taken care off than let it taint their record. AT&T did the same for me some months ago.
Old 05-08-2008, 10:25 AM
CMyTailsBlink

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Hammer HIm

Originally Posted by DJ SMITTY
I just went on everyones recommendation.

My lawyer sent him a preliminary email with attached law suit today. If he doesn't have me new lights by Sunday the 11th of May, my lawyer is going to file the paper work. If that's the case, Mr. Zipps will have to come to court in NC.

Hopefully this is over in a month.

Derek,

You need to squash this ****!! You should also seek compensation for the other money that your out of due to the missing lights crap, like the HIN tickets and the hotel costs. Crush this Douche so he doesn't have the ability to screw anyone else.
Old 05-08-2008, 01:56 PM
DJ SMITTY
Sponsor
CIN Motorsports

Well unless he gets me my NEW headlights untouched by him, by Saturday, the paper work will be filed and he'll be served. Then he can either show to the court date in Charlotte, North Carolina, or go to jail in New Jersey

Dear Sir:

I am an attorney in North Carolina. Derek has
hired me to pursue legal action regarding his
headlights. I am providing you an opportunity to
provide him with a NEW set of headlights (untouched by
you) by Friday of this week. Unless he receives a set
of functional headlights by Friday of this week, I
will proof read, sign and file the attached lawsuit on
Monday, May 12, 2008.

I do not want excuses or argument, I just want
headlights!

Regards
Len Kornberg, Esquire
1801 East Blvd
Charlotte, NC 28203
704-998-2043
704-333-5443 (fax)

Copy of the preliminary email sent to Mr. Zipps. Below is the lawsuit. My lawyer said it was ok to make public.

PLAINTIFF, complaining of the acts of the Defendants, alleges and states that:
1. Plaintiff is a citizen and resident of Mecklenburg County, North Carolina.
2 Defendant is a citizen and residence of New Jersey but entered into a contract within
the state of North Carolina with a North Carolina resident, sent goods in and out of North Carolina
and has initiated several phone calls and emails within the state of North Carolina
FIRST CLAIM FOR RELIEF
3. On or about May 2007 the Plaintiff entered into a expressed contract whereby the
Defendant provided modification services for Plaintiff Nissan 350Z headlights.
4. That the Plaintiff paid Defendant a fee for his services, and Defendant accepted
payment for said services.
5. That the headlights were returned to Plaintiff sometime in may 2007. On or about
October 2007, the Plaintiff noticed that his headlights developed a haze as a result of Defendant’s
poor workmanship and or quality of goods used.
6. Plaintiff returned these headlights to Defendant at Defendant’s request, who
expressly agreed to properly repair or replace said headlights.
7. The Defendant has retained Plaintiff headlights and has refused to return Plaintiff’s
phone calls and other requests for return of a properly repaired set of headlights.
8. Upon information and belief the headlights have been lost, resold or otherwise
disposed of by the Defendant.
10. The Defendant’s failure to provide the Plaintiff with a set of properly functional
and cosmetically accurate headlights constitutes of breach of Contract.
11. The replacement value of the headlights is $2,200.
SECOND CLAIM FOR RELIEF
(CONVERSION)
12. The Plaintiff would restate the allegations as set forth above and reincorporate them
as if fully setout herein.
13. The Defendant intentionally converted said headlights for his own use with lawful
excuse of cause with the intent to permanently deprive the Plaintiff of their use.
14. As a result of Defendant’s unlawful conversion of said the headlights the Defendant
has been financially damaged not only as a result of the necessity to buy a replacement set of
headlights, but also because if the inability of the Plaintiff to use and enjoy his vehicle.
THIRD CAUSE OF ACTION
(UNFAIR AND DECEPTIVE TRADE PRACTICES)
15. The Plaintiff would restate the allegations as set forth above and reincorporate them
as if fully set out herein.
16. That Defendant’s services involved painting the inside housing of the headlights
which involves breaking the factory seal of said headlights by placing said headlights in an oven.
17. That the Defendant advertised, procured, and attempted, a service, which he knew
from prior experience that he could not perform with a reasonable degree of competence.
18. That Defendant knew that these headlights would fail but accepted funds and
performed knowing substandard work, which he knew would ultimately fail.
19. That the Plaintiff is operating a business which sends goods or services through
interstate commerce in and out of the state of North Carolina
WHEREFORE, Plaintiff prays the Court that:
1. It recovers judgment against the Defendant, in the sum, plus interest at the contract
rate until date of judgment and at the legal rate from the date of judgment until paid in full.
2. That the Plaintiff have and recover attorneys fees and damages treble as a result of
Defendant’s unfair and Deceptive Trade Practices.
3. It recover any further relief that the Court deems just and proper.
THIS the ____day of May 2008
(704) 998-2043
Attorney for Plaintiff
STATE OF NORTH CAROLINA
COUNTY OF MECKLENBURG
DERRICK SMIT, being first duly sworn deposes and says that he the Plaintiff in
the foregoing cause of action and as such, has read the attached Complaint and knows the
contents thereof; that the same is true of his own knowledge, except as to such matters and things
stated upon information and belief and as to such matters and things, if any, she believes the
same to be true.
Old 05-08-2008, 01:58 PM
BabyZiLLa

God i hate the way lawyers word things. I can never understand it. It's like hamlet.

Good luck mate.
Old 05-08-2008, 02:07 PM
Nic@CiNcity
Banned

Wow.. I'm willing to be you'll have a nice new set with a wrapped bow on your door step after reading that. Good luck once again!
Old 05-08-2008, 02:16 PM
Russ@Z1

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Nic@CiNcity
Wow.. I'm willing to be you'll have a nice new set with a wrapped bow on your door step after reading that. Good luck once again!

IF that happens, that'd be awesome.

Despite how much I hope he comes through, I doubt it will happen at this point.

Quick Reply: DON'T DEAL WITH MR. ZIPPS! SCAMMER proof inside.