Exterior & Interior 350Z Body modification, interior styling and lighting
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Turn Signal Bulbs - what size are they?

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2003, 08:55 PM
dreamznblu

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Maybe APC isn't that bad afterall haha. So how hard is it to remove the wheel wells? What's involved?
Old 07-23-2003, 09:00 PM
syf0n

So...how much are the cycolite bulbs?
Old 07-24-2003, 06:45 AM
junglist350Z

Originally posted by dreamznblu
I didn't know that cycolite made a titanium bulb that is the right size for our signals. I've been waiting for that to happen, where did you find it? I agree it's not a bentley, but it turns heads and why throw cheap crap in it. A light is a light, but buying APC products is like selling your soul to the devil
found em on ebay, make sure to get the hyper chrome amber ones
Old 07-24-2003, 01:48 PM
syf0n

Well, I bought the APC bulbs. We'll see what comes of them. I think for less than 20 dollars you can't really expect too much, even with all the bitching old_s13 did...I believe it's okay to rely on a cheap company to make something as simple as a lightbulb. What would be the point in spending 50 for the raybrig lights? It just seems like overkill to me for anyone on a budget or

If they explode, burn out prematurely, turn a funky color, etc. I will post a message here...but honestly if APC couldn't even make functional lightbulbs they wouldn't be in business! I am willing to invest 20 dollars in APC, and am not going to pay 50% more for something I am 99% sure will be the same anyhow.

We'll see what happens!
Old 07-24-2003, 03:59 PM
dreamznblu

Yeah, I hear ya Syphon, it's not like anyone is going to be able to point them out. No one notices a simple mod like that anyway, it's part of the whole pkg that in turn looks good in the end. Let us know what you think of them when they show up.
Old 07-24-2003, 04:56 PM
mgl

Originally posted by junglist350Z
found em on ebay, make sure to get the hyper chrome amber ones
yeah, saw those bulbs on eBay too.
i asked the seller who manufactured them and he replied that they were made by "**** International".
not sure who that is or level of quality. APC is looking as a better alternative now.
Old 07-24-2003, 04:59 PM
mgl

Originally posted by dreamznblu
Maybe APC isn't that bad afterall haha. So how hard is it to remove the wheel wells? What's involved?
changing the bulb is pretty easy. just take off the tire and remove the black plastic wheel well, there are a couple of scews on it and bend that plastic back enough so your hand can fit and thats about it. change the bulb and put everything back together. shouldn't take more than 20 mins for both.
Old 07-25-2003, 07:39 AM
old_s13

hehe I completely understand, the whole blue-bulb trend back in the day was expensive.. but now, these transparent silver bulbs seem to be the "new thing" for companies to market since LED work is much more complex and the results are never as satisfying. Installing a "plug-in" LED cluster and expecting amazing results is like plugging in an aftermarket HID kit, it is almost impossible to compare the quality and lighting pattern of the two.

Its really not a big issue, I am just a stickler for very clean lighting modifications and think people should put tasteful products on their car, thats just me.

I dont know WHY the Raybrigs are so expensive, maybe some companies are havign fun marking up the prices since their products are imported. But.. I am sure if you search you will find some more cost-effective alternatives.

Sure, there is a chance the APC bulbs COULD be acceptable in terms of performance and quality.. but I've had SUCH bad experience with their products that I would never touch a damn thing they sell. I simply cannot stand anything sold or manufactured by APC. I've seen bulb connectors melt, bulbs explode, all types of mishaps. Customers send us lights with broken shards of glass because they used poor quality bulbs which exploded. I am not saying that the APC bulbs WILL do this, I am just saying to test the product before you buy it.. make sure its not over-wattage and meets the specs of the OEM bulb.
Old 07-25-2003, 02:42 PM
StunZ

Just F.Y.I. for everyone on these bulbs======>

Manual states Turn Signal lights @ 21 Watts
Lower Two lights @ 5 Watts

I called apc and there replacement bulbs:7440 and 196 are well under the wattage.......7440 @ 6 Watts and the 196 @ 5 Watts

Ive never purchased there products so i reall couldnt tell you about durability and performance, but rest assured these bulbs are O.K. to replace
Old 07-25-2003, 02:48 PM
syf0n

Awesome info! I'm glad they'll work, hopefully mine will be here early next week so I can install and take pictures
Old 07-28-2003, 06:25 AM
old_s13

That must be a mistake. If the 7440 is only 6 watts, it would be nearly as bright as the small parking lamp bulb. Its SUPPOSED to be higher wattage... odd.

- Mike
Old 01-09-2006, 02:47 AM
Spicoli

While pricey ($35/set) they make very nice bulbs. I have had them on previous cars and they lasted a long time. a 12V/1.75Amp bulb (like their 7440) is a 21Watt bulb.

They last a really long time, are super bright and a natural orange color, unlike some silver bulbs I have tried in the past.

If anyone is going to get some from them, LMK, I have a code for free shipping (long time customer) and I think it still good (good for anyone too).

Oh, company is Stealth Auto www.stealthauto.com
direct link to 7440 bulbs: http://www.stealthauto.com/Store/Pro...uctid=SBCA7440
Old 05-03-2009, 06:26 PM
Agentman03

Default Xenon Chrome Front Turn Signal Bulbs

New bulb look and work great , bought from automotive lighting usa great price, quick delivery ect ... Left is old Bulb .. Right New installed Chrome ...
Attached Thumbnails Turn Signal Bulbs - what size are they?-chrome-vsamber001.jpg   Turn Signal Bulbs - what size are they?-xenon_turnsig0a_7440a.jpg   Turn Signal Bulbs - what size are they?-xenon_chromeanber01.jpg  
Old 05-04-2009, 08:55 PM
beetlejuice

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by old_s13
hehe I completely understand, the whole blue-bulb trend back in the day was expensive.. but now, these transparent silver bulbs seem to be the "new thing" for companies to market since LED work is much more complex and the results are never as satisfying. Installing a "plug-in" LED cluster and expecting amazing results is like plugging in an aftermarket HID kit, it is almost impossible to compare the quality and lighting pattern of the two.

Its really not a big issue, I am just a stickler for very clean lighting modifications and think people should put tasteful products on their car, thats just me.

I dont know WHY the Raybrigs are so expensive, maybe some companies are havign fun marking up the prices since their products are imported. But.. I am sure if you search you will find some more cost-effective alternatives.

Sure, there is a chance the APC bulbs COULD be acceptable in terms of performance and quality.. but I've had SUCH bad experience with their products that I would never touch a damn thing they sell. I simply cannot stand anything sold or manufactured by APC. I've seen bulb connectors melt, bulbs explode, all types of mishaps. Customers send us lights with broken shards of glass because they used poor quality bulbs which exploded. I am not saying that the APC bulbs WILL do this, I am just saying to test the product before you buy it.. make sure its not over-wattage and meets the specs of the OEM bulb.

old_s13 is/was the owner of clearcorners.com and is a lighting *****.

I read through some of his posts over the years on zilvia.net (when I had a 240sx).

Now I have a 350z, and I'm reading through his posts again.

Crazy, huh?