Exterior & Interior 350Z Body modification, interior styling and lighting
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

EVO-R....carbon quality? look at this

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2008, 10:48 AM
felpudiano

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ok, Jay, you must say here what you say to mike.

You will send the new parts to Spain now, by plane. You will pay the shipping costs of this parts and we will pay the shipping cost (by ship) to return your defectuous parts.

it is right?
Old 05-13-2008, 10:57 AM
Chebosto
350Z-holic

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

if you guys think its easy to get a CF weave to lay out perfectly, evenly spaced, on a curved surface, you should try it yourself before pounding on a company that makes it. its is extremely difficult. i dont care if its made in the USA, Taiwan, Zimbabwe or China, if its hand laid, you will have issues. from the pictures, its is really not that bad of a job, 98% of the part looks great.
Old 05-13-2008, 11:14 AM
MaRbLe

Im still waiting for the tracking # for my replacement console after asking for it over e-mail, PM and on threads. It arrived damaged so I hope its actually been mailed, I assume it would have been here by now if it was though

My other peices had some weave like that and minor fish eyes.
Old 05-13-2008, 11:58 AM
iMikie

Originally Posted by Chebosto
if you guys think its easy to get a CF weave to lay out perfectly, evenly spaced, on a curved surface, you should try it yourself before pounding on a company that makes it. its is extremely difficult. i dont care if its made in the USA, Taiwan, Zimbabwe or China, if its hand laid, you will have issues. from the pictures, its is really not that bad of a job, 98% of the part looks great.
and that is why I study medicine. The man paid for a product and from the original pictures of what it should look like, its not even close. Everyone sees that there are quality issues with other members as well. For me, I don't give a dam how hard it is to make it. You pay for a product, so you shouldn't have to even know how carbon fiber is made. If Jay thought his skills and product actually top quality and worth more, he would charge more. I have a feeling he knows they are not great. That is not even acceptable from other carbon fiber products I have seen. IMO.
Old 05-13-2008, 12:54 PM
minispider

Originally Posted by xNeo
Ouch, I was seriously getting ready to buy the 06-08 kit in a week or so. NOT ANYMORE!
me too....i was going to buy the '06 lip and mirror post covers...i think ebay is a better option since Pay-pal can fight for your $ if your not satisfied!
Old 05-13-2008, 01:00 PM
JDMZ33
Vendor - Former Vendor

Originally Posted by felpudiano
ok, Jay, you must say here what you say to mike.

You will send the new parts to Spain now, by plane. You will pay the shipping costs of this parts and we will pay the shipping cost (by ship) to return your defectuous parts.

it is right?
YES. As what I told MikeL.
Old 05-13-2008, 01:02 PM
JDMZ33
Vendor - Former Vendor

Thanks for making things cleared. Sometime I wish I can show them how hard it is to get these stuff to them. You guys should see the factory, how much carbon they wasted just to get one piece done. But for $500 to get this nice carbon interior it is well worth it!

Last edited by JDMZ33; 05-13-2008 at 01:14 PM.
Old 05-13-2008, 01:58 PM
felpudiano

Ok, JAY and me have an accord.

Please, somebody can close the post, please?

Last edited by felpudiano; 05-13-2008 at 02:01 PM.
Old 05-13-2008, 02:07 PM
TheOtherRob

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mikie92102
and that is why I study medicine. The man paid for a product and from the original pictures of what it should look like, its not even close. Everyone sees that there are quality issues with other members as well. For me, I don't give a dam how hard it is to make it. You pay for a product, so you shouldn't have to even know how carbon fiber is made. If Jay thought his skills and product actually top quality and worth more, he would charge more. I have a feeling he knows they are not great. That is not even acceptable from other carbon fiber products I have seen. IMO.
Amen.
Old 05-13-2008, 02:11 PM
SpoilsofWar

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I respectfully disagree with your logic on this, Cheston.. Of course its hard to make carbon fiber pieces... Thats why it costs so much. $500 is not an insignificant amount of money. The bottom line is that 98% of the piece may look great, but the buyer did not pay for 98% of his dash kit to look great.

If I have an engine built and its done 98% right, but 2% is all jacked up, should I be happy?

If those blemishes are typical of Evo-R work, then Jay should display them and post a disclaimer with his product listing. You'll note he displays only pictures of perfect examples of his dash kits, which do exist, but that is not what the buyer was sent.
Old 05-13-2008, 03:41 PM
rythex

There's probably close to 500% markup on these things anyways. I'd be expecting something that doesn't look like crap for $500.
Old 05-13-2008, 04:49 PM
Chebosto
350Z-holic

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by SpoilsofWar
I respectfully disagree with your logic on this, Cheston.. Of course its hard to make carbon fiber pieces... Thats why it costs so much. $500 is not an insignificant amount of money. The bottom line is that 98% of the piece may look great, but the buyer did not pay for 98% of his dash kit to look great.

If I have an engine built and its done 98% right, but 2% is all jacked up, should I be happy?

If those blemishes are typical of Evo-R work, then Jay should display them and post a disclaimer with his product listing. You'll note he displays only pictures of perfect examples of his dash kits, which do exist, but that is not what the buyer was sent.

Well an Engine build is one thing-- a cosmetic replacements is another. Two different spectrum as far as quality control is concerned... If a CF dash replacement fails, or does not live up to your expectations, your car isn't going to fail working. you might get annoyed by a slight variation in the weave, or a clip might not go in all the way, but ultimately you still have your car. An Engine build failure = loss of functionality of the car...

I guess i have two standards. for those things that actually function, and those that are not. you should see the weave of my top secret rear diffuser. that thing was $1000+ and its got weave issues and resin hazing. But its not really vital that it be perfect... my experience with CF parts has told me well if it isn't completely jacked up. then consider yourself lucky.

True, $500 is not chump change, i wont argue with that. that is someone's hard earned money.. but put it into perspective with other dash kits that cost way more, what you get isnt that bad. (the chip, yes that was avoidable with the shipping mishap) well thats my $0.02.

Last edited by Chebosto; 05-13-2008 at 04:55 PM.
Old 05-13-2008, 05:07 PM
turismo

Originally Posted by felpudiano
for all the forum,
I apologize for my English

No se preocupe de el. La esperanza todo resulta bien
Old 05-13-2008, 05:17 PM
turismo

Thats not the only part that is wrong with this product. What about the fitment, bubbles and color change?
Old 05-13-2008, 06:39 PM
JDMZ33
Vendor - Former Vendor

Originally Posted by turismo
Thats not the only part that is wrong with this product. What about the fitment, bubbles and color change?
I asure you V2 fitment is perfect. No color change at all. All the clear coat issue is readlly cause by something hard was push aginst the surface. That will make the clear coat apart from the carbon fiber. It is same as when carbon fiber front lip gets stone chipped. So be nice to it, don't treat it like OEM surface.
Old 05-13-2008, 07:00 PM
nyguy4u

I'm sorry, but if I am going to purchase a CF dash kit for $500, I don't want it to be "98% great", I want that piece 100%!!! C'mom man!

I too, was going to buy from Jay. After seeing those photos though, there is no way. Not worth the risk. Not a bash on him either, but if that is how his dash kits look with the uneven weave and all, honestly.. I wouldn't take it for free. It would never touch my car.

Where else can you buy some quality CF dash kits?
Old 05-13-2008, 07:15 PM
JDMZ33
Vendor - Former Vendor

one example of our product. Bad quality? humm... don't think so
Old 05-13-2008, 07:45 PM
rondiggy

I've got fitment issues with mine. I pm him and he made it seem as if it didn't now how to install the door cover. I took off the pass. side one three times! and each time it was the same!
[IMG]http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y49/rondiggy/DSC00184.jpg[/IMG

I'm trying to live with it 'cause i'm a nice guy.
Old 05-13-2008, 07:49 PM
fabien350z

Arrow

Jay devil's advocate:

I'm french and got my Z about 2 years. I buy some differents CF to Jay about 2 years :
- SOMES complets consoles V1 and V2
- SOMES mirrors
- front lips
- SOMES blitz spoilers
- SOMES air ducts
- SOMES air tubes
- etc, etc, etc... for personnal use and somes european guys.

I'm a big CF fan.
I buy and sell CF everywhere in world for car and bikes
Obtain great quality is hard, and Jay really make a very good quality. He's prices are perhaps the lowest i've found.
Quality is not only constant but progressing and prices are stables, thing very rare to be mentioned.
Fitment are very good, and i don't afraid to make sometimes somes ajustement for perfection, like every auto accessories...

One of my last Jay purchase :
EVO-R....carbon quality? look at this-v2-1.jpg

EVO-R....carbon quality? look at this-v2-2.jpg

EVO-R....carbon quality? look at this-v2-3.jpg

EVO-R....carbon quality? look at this-v2-4.jpg

who can make this quality at this prices : nobody, but Jay do...

Jay got all my trust.

ps: sorry about my poor english...
Old 05-13-2008, 07:56 PM
rondiggy

Hey Fabien350z! You forgot that I emailed you and asked how your fitment was and quote," The driverside is too short(about 2mm) but all rest is good(side) the passenger is all ok."

Quick Reply: EVO-R....carbon quality? look at this