Exterior & Interior 350Z Body modification, interior styling and lighting
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

EVO-R....carbon quality? look at this

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2008, 01:34 PM
SpoilsofWar

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I love this thread, Jay defends accounts of poor craftsmanship and fitment with his pics of perfect examples of his products, instead of addressing the actual fault with them. Why were the kits the OP posted pics of even shipped? That weave is abysmal.

WAKE UP - nobody is denying that some of your products fit and look great - but the consistency is non-existant! Why dont you put up pics on your website of the kit that the OP got, and post a disclaimer stating that "all our carbon fiber weaves turn out like that" or whatever nonsense you told him. How about you post this little bit on your website:

our the swith cover there will be about 1mm gap space all around. So on the second pic you got to make sure rear side have 1mm space so that the front won't have gap of 2mm.
You wont do anything like that, because you know no one would buy your kits then.

The Evo-R dash kit (first gen) I got second hand was HORRIBLE. I installed it, and was disgusted with the fit. Almost nothing lined up properly. I sold it off piecemeal on ebay and literally threw the main dash kit piece away because I did not want to screw over another person.
Old 05-14-2008, 06:41 PM
Changvi

Originally Posted by JDMZ33
I know RSW. I even had dinner with RSW owner Mr.Tanaka. We are very close friend. Calling people names, cuz I have to speak for Fabien. You call him blind remeber? As if you can see from lastest GB. Latest reply is
" I can only speak for myself and I must say that Jay was a pleasure to deal with on his latest group buy. I placed my order on Friday May 9th. It was shipped with tracking on Monday May 12th, and I received it today May 14th! He also displayed great communication during this short business transaction. I'll let the photos speak for themselves. The packaging was superb and everything was top notch quality just as described in the group buy. Kudos to you Jay for the great business transaction....KEEP IT UP!"

Here is the link https://my350z.com/forum/2003-2009-nissan-350z/358367-is-jay-with-evo-r-net-a-crook-4.html
This time I did not take the photo myself so... photo talks.

P.S if you want RSW kit. I can offer that too. $625 plus shipping from Japan. Best price on this forum on RSW kit. But remember you won't get 13 pcs. ONly 7 pcs.
LOL.......

P.S,
If I ever want a RSW kit, you will not even be considered. But thanks for the offer.

Last edited by Changvi; 05-14-2008 at 06:48 PM.
Old 05-14-2008, 07:08 PM
JDMZ33
Vendor - Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Changvi
LOL.......

P.S,
If I ever want a RSW kit, you will not even be considered. But thanks for the offer.
Hey, no problem.
Old 05-14-2008, 07:11 PM
XxDeliciousxX

P.S if you want RSW kit. I can offer that too. $625 plus shipping from Japan. Best price on this forum on RSW kit. But remember you won't get 13 pcs. ONly 7 pcs.
7 pieces of top reputable quality that will always deliver.
Old 05-14-2008, 08:11 PM
fabien350z

well if someone find a complet console great quality of CF : twill and good coat, same price like Jay do... give me the links !!!

personnaly i never found... probably cause i'm blind

I 've ordered 3 Jay's Blitz spoilers, not a same time, all are perfect : CF, paint, fitment,etc... I don't think Jay make perfects accessories only for me...

I've ordered in total 6 completes console V1 and V2. Mine is a V1 and got it about 1 year. It took about 2 hours to fix it and about 2mm of triming on the shifter easy to do with dremel...
One of his V1 console have the door handle too little like this :

I take a CF sheet and make my own 1mm piece, taking care the weaves are sames... nobody see nothing.

I just order a CF VS front lip to Jay for my personnal use, when i'll receive it i'll put somes photos...

PS :Last year i've ordered 10 sets of Nismo Brake pads to COZ, and you know what... after 2 hours of attempting to install, 3 rear sets of this famous Nismo goes directly to the trash : a manufactory problem... Nismo never refund me cause the warranty was void when the pads leave the usa... even big company don't care about you with only one answer : NO !
Jay make is possible to make good answer, and getting 100% of satisfied customer is impossible...
Old 05-14-2008, 08:18 PM
lonewolf

Originally Posted by fabien350z
well if someone find a complet console great quality of CF : twill and good coat, same price like Jay do... give me the links !!!

personnaly i never found... probably cause i'm blind

I 've ordered 3 Jay's Blitz spoilers, not a same time, all are perfect : CF, paint, fitment,etc... I don't think Jay make perfects accessories only for me...

I've ordered in total 6 completes console V1 and V2. Mine is a V1 and got it about 1 year. It took about 2 hours to fix it and about 2mm of triming on the shifter easy to do with dremel...
One of his V1 console have the door handle too little like this :

I take a CF sheet and make my own 1mm piece, taking care the weaves are sames... nobody see nothing.

I just order a CF VS front lip to Jay for my personnal use, when i'll receive it i'll put somes photos...

PS :Last year i've ordered 10 sets of Nismo Brake pads to COZ, and you know what... after 2 hours of attempting to install, 3 rear sets of this famous Nismo goes directly to the trash : a manufactory problem... Nismo never refund me cause the warranty was void when the pads leave the usa... even big company don't care about you with only one answer : NO !
Jay make is possible to make good answer, and getting 100% of satisfied customer is impossible...
If you're happy with garbage, thats your choice. Stop defending half assed work
Old 05-14-2008, 08:28 PM
creationv2

Originally Posted by fabien350z
Jay make is possible to make good answer, and getting 100% of satisfied customer is impossible...[/I]
thats warranty related, and items sold in the US with warranties made in accordance to the US makes sense if its not honored outside of it. so that just tough luck to you.

jdmz33 is in the US, and the only disclaimer he has is the return policy which is virtually garbage since he takes light years to respond from any form of communication.

like the spoilsofwar suggested, there should be a warning/disclaimer on his site and marketing of inconsistent product quality, or just not bother sell those ones at all or for a discounted rate like jim@theshowstoppers does.
Old 05-14-2008, 09:34 PM
JDMZ33
Vendor - Former Vendor

Originally Posted by creationv2
thats warranty related, and items sold in the US with warranties made in accordance to the US makes sense if its not honored outside of it. so that just tough luck to you.

jdmz33 is in the US, and the only disclaimer he has is the return policy which is virtually garbage since he takes light years to respond from any form of communication.

like the spoilsofwar suggested, there should be a warning/disclaimer on his site and marketing of inconsistent product quality, or just not bother sell those ones at all or for a discounted rate like jim@theshowstoppers does.
Hey I'm here like 24/7. 95% of my PMs gets answered within 12 hrs.
Old 05-14-2008, 10:02 PM
creationv2

Hey I'm here like 24/7. 95% of my PMs gets answered within 12 hrs.
yah...and those 95% responded to are most likely new inquiries...like someone posted before in another thread, you only respond to new interests...when theres a problem it takes forever to contact you.

my experience was a year or two ago, but when i have a bad experience with service ill continually hold that grudge until i see that its been fixed....but you havent fixed your services apparently, there are new threads being made, and each and everytime asking about communication with you, and almost every person responding will have had a similar experience...so im just voicing out to warn others cuz no one deserves this kind of bs.

so dont HEY me. your service sucks. your quality sucks. and youre just lucky you basically have a monopoly on your products because no one wants to take the initiative to make these things at a competitive price.
Old 05-14-2008, 10:22 PM
JDMZ33
Vendor - Former Vendor

Wow ...

yah...and those 95% responded to are most likely new inquiries...like someone posted before in another thread, you only respond to new interests...when theres a problem it takes forever to contact you.

my experience was a year or two ago, but when i have a bad experience with service ill continually hold that grudge until i see that its been fixed....but you havent fixed your services apparently, there are new threads being made, and each and everytime asking about communication with you, and almost every person responding will have had a similar experience...so im just voicing out to warn others cuz no one deserves this kind of bs.

so dont HEY me. your service sucks. your quality sucks. and youre just lucky you basically have a monopoly on your products because no one wants to take the initiative to make these things at a competitive price.
Old 05-14-2008, 10:31 PM
Hoods

Wow ...
What exactly are you wow'ing at?

at you and your business.
Old 05-14-2008, 10:45 PM
JDMZ33
Vendor - Former Vendor

My business is doing very well. I ship out about 2-3 interior kit a week for 350Z. Of course I don't just do Z. Also do lots RX-7 stuff.
Old 05-14-2008, 10:52 PM
Chebosto
350Z-holic
Premier Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Jay was one of the first people to bring cf products out for the Z like 4 years ago... eye lids, mirror covers, b pillars. etc. even the type E spoiler, remember? when no one else had it in stock.. and thats especially when no one else was doing it for the price point that everyone wanted. apparently alot of the z owners cheap. if you want the high end stuff go pay for it..he came thru to offer a similar product for a lower price point. thats business.

i swear. this forum has so many freakin bandwagons. i'm surprised we're not all playing Oregon trail.
Old 05-14-2008, 11:31 PM
creationv2

yah i remember all that stuff from the past. but its changed since then. he obviously cant keep up quality control nowadays because hes receiving more customers and what not.

even if the z owners are getting cheaper...so is the car , so the crowd makes sense, and the bandwagon is the way it is cuz the early days of the z were owned by older or successful people like yourself cheston and i firmly believe that there has been and instilling of what the z "should look" like. im not a supporter of replicas, and dont own any, cuz im not cheap, or id like to think so.

anyway. gl jay. hope you fix things.
Old 05-15-2008, 05:59 AM
Changvi

Originally Posted by lonewolf
If you're happy with garbage, thats your choice. Stop defending half assed work
Could not have said it better myself.
Old 05-15-2008, 06:15 AM
dieselmcore

Yup, well, im glad thats over...
Old 05-15-2008, 07:46 AM
fabien350z

that don't excuse the BIG factory Nismo USA make some bad product too and sell them... nothing to do with luck or not !
And they're not alone : Seibon (0% fitting), Samco (garbage too), etc... etc...

"Net buying" luck is aplying all over the world including intra-USA... so including Jay...

I don't defend nobody, but if his good his good...
When i have to trim or add a little carbon i tell it too... that don't made the product a garbage
Old 05-15-2008, 10:03 AM
MaRbLe

Not to happy.....

So I send notification on April 8th that my centor console was damaged, pics sent on the 9th. Im told I have to wait for more to come in, so I wait until April 24th to hear that its getting shipped on April 25th. I ask for tracking, never get one. Then after waiting some more I ask for tracking in PM and e-mail, no response. Ask on threads, get told that its shipped and he will send me a tracking #...still no tracking is sent. Then Im told it will take a "while" to get to Moscow, IDAHO! I ask why it would take longer then before.

Now today I get a message that my order was mixed up with an order for an Rx8 going to Russia and now its actually been shipped and I recived a tracking #. As I stated on that PM back, if this comes in messed up I just want a refund. Im not even making a big deal about other peices with some messed up weave, fish eyes and drips in the clear like others, I dont even know how well it will fit yet. All I do know is Im not going through this again....
Old 05-15-2008, 01:12 PM
rondiggy

I just think that when you pay for something, that it should look good(which mine did) and that it will fit perfect(which mine didn't). He didn't say that I would have to buy carbon fiber sheets to add with his kit! And when a customer shows pictures of how it fits, He shouldn't make me feel like I'm so stupid, that I don't know how to install.I like the way the center looks. and I'm looking for another seller to buy the door ones from. Somebody help me out!
Old 05-15-2008, 02:26 PM
dj.kickz

Originally Posted by Chebosto
i swear. this forum has so many freakin bandwagons. i'm surprised we're not all playing Oregon trail.

Quick Reply: EVO-R....carbon quality? look at this