Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hottest eye lids - where to buy?

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2008, 02:00 PM
Phantom Menace

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Chad68
The OP was asking where to buy the best ones. He wasn't looking for coments on them. Don't you guys read the posts?

Me either.

I don't know who sells the best ones because they are a cheap, lame, tacky, useless, cheesy High School mod a 15 year old wants to do someday when he gets a job and his dream F&F car.

I've seen a few otherwise VERY nice looking cars on this forum totally ruined by adding these gay *** things.

Everytime somebody buys eyelids an angel looses his wings.

I guess eyelids are like onions...people feel very strongly about them one way or the other. Personally, I like em and have them on "The General." Even the new g37s lights look like they have eyelids on. I think they go nicely with the hood lines and makes the headlights not look so..."bug-eyed." But hey, to each their own. Not like I borrowed money from anyone here to make my purchases and vice-versa.

For the OP,
I got mine from here:
http://www.intensepower.com/autdeey35.html

Unfortunately, they don't offer them prepainted anymore. Although their site gives you the option to choose a color, I got an email the other day from them informing that they no longer offer paint services...which is a real shame since their shipping is fast, service friendly, and products of good quality. After a little over a year, only one of my eyelids have began showing signs of wear. The paint is starting to crack a bit...and I, myself, am looking into replacing them soon.

Or you can order from Evo-R, here: http://www.evo-r.net/product/light_cover/II/index.htm

**Note: There have been several, documented "issues" with Evo-R's quality and customer service. My advice is that you read this before clicking: https://my350z.com/forum/showthread....ht=evo-r+crook

I've ordered from Jay (Evo-R) in the past. For my wife's RX8, about a year and a half ago, and don't recall major issues. The eyelids came painted to match her RX8 perfectly but they were Asymmetrical. That is, one [eyelid] was shorter than the other by a notable difference. Furthermore, I also remember that the shipping took a while--I'm talking weeks--and that I did try to contact him a few times to no avail. The packages come from Taiwan or Taipei and looked like they've been around the world a few times prior to arriving. In all fairness, the products were wrapped with bubble wrap and there was even some foam things on the tips to prevent breakage. His [Evo-R] prices are about as much as most--which makes his unavailability and the long shipping times hardly worthwhile--others but he does offer the eyelids prepainted.

Last edited by Phantom Menace; 05-18-2008 at 02:17 PM.
Old 05-18-2008, 02:42 PM
nyguy4u

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

exactly. Some people will like them, some will hate them. To each their own. Chads response about them was totally ridiculous and out there. "Everytime somebody buys eyelids an angel looses his wings"?.. are you really serious?

I bought mine from theZstore.com. They came in black. Being my car was already black, I simply sprayed a clearcoat on them, and they look awesome. I get tons of compliments.

People do minor mods here and there to stand out from a stock Z, and this is one mod that does just that. It's not ricey by any means, and it's not tacky.
Old 05-18-2008, 03:11 PM
Chad68

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by nyguy4u
exactly. Some people will like them, some will hate them. To each their own. Chads response about them was totally ridiculous and out there. "Everytime somebody buys eyelids an angel looses his wings"?.. are you really serious?

I bought mine from theZstore.com. They came in black. Being my car was already black, I simply sprayed a clearcoat on them, and they look awesome. I get tons of compliments.

People do minor mods here and there to stand out from a stock Z, and this is one mod that does just that. It's not ricey by any means, and it's not tacky.

Please when you install them post picks. I need something to print out and use to line my bird cage with.
Old 05-18-2008, 03:36 PM
nyguy4u

Please when you install them post picks. I need something to print out and use to line my bird cage with.
Thats mature. How old are you.. 15?
Old 05-18-2008, 04:49 PM
turismo

The OP was asking where to buy the best ones. He wasn't looking for coments on them. Don't you guys read the posts?

Me either.

I don't know who sells the best ones because they are a cheap, lame, tacky, useless, cheesy High School mod a 15 year old wants to do someday when he gets a job and his dream F&F car.

I've seen a few otherwise VERY nice looking cars on this forum totally ruined by adding these gay *** things.

Everytime somebody buys eyelids an angel looses his wings.
Old 05-18-2008, 05:08 PM
Chad68

Originally Posted by nyguy4u
Thats mature. How old are you.. 15?
How old are you, ya April 2008 noob?

Only an 8 year old with down syndrome would think this crap looks nice on a $30,000 sports car.

Go buy a mid 1980's Honda, slap some 20's on it, tint the windows with Hefty garabge bags and get it over with ya Noob.

Freakin hippies.

Last edited by Chad68; 05-18-2008 at 05:11 PM.
Old 05-18-2008, 05:15 PM
Asian Invasian

Originally Posted by crg914
...if you ever get them.
Ouch I got them within a week if I remember right, paint was a perfect match..
Old 05-18-2008, 05:20 PM
Rowlett

I had Vinyl Eye lids when i first bought my car... Cheap and simple mod made the car look agressive...

Wish i would have never done that...
Paint your Head lights...
Old 05-18-2008, 06:14 PM
Phantom Menace

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Rowlett
... Paint your Head lights...
Here, I agree Rowlett! That's something that I would really like to do. Cincity's lights are bada$$!
Old 05-18-2008, 06:20 PM
zerafian

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

I think they look great on my PPW Z...even though the dumb **** that painted them got the color slightly off(a tad bit of yellow in it).I dont have the ones of the first page pic though..I think those look awful, they dont follow the cars lines at all, I have the mad eye lid.

Its obvious its a 50/50 with like and dislike of them. It was actually the first thing I got on my Z..gave the hood and lights a completely different style.
Old 05-18-2008, 06:55 PM
nyguy4u

Only an 8 year old with down syndrome would think this crap looks nice on a $30,000 sports car.

Go buy a mid 1980's Honda, slap some 20's on it, tint the windows with Hefty garabge bags and get it over with ya Noob.

Freakin hippies.
so the best you can think of is calling me a "noob"?.. wow.. you really had to think with that one, huh?

I always laugh when people call people "noobs".. like they think it would bother someone or something. Idiots.
Old 05-18-2008, 06:55 PM
crg914

Freakin hippies.
Just because you dislike something someone else likes is no reason to personally attack them. Grow up.

There are quite a few things listed in your sig that I think are a hideous waste of money.
Old 05-18-2008, 07:00 PM
nyguy4u

crg, thank you, and exactly.

The guy bashes me because I like eyelids, yet in his profile, he adds a chrome license plate frame, Cobra radar detector, blue lugs, and Bosch windshield wipers.. LMAO.. I'm shocked that he doesn't list what kind of air-freshner he has too. Schmuck.

Last edited by nyguy4u; 05-18-2008 at 07:15 PM.
Old 05-18-2008, 07:01 PM
aloh

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by turismo
I cant stand eye lids! Why would you want them on a 350? Up to you though.
+1
Old 05-18-2008, 07:38 PM
JET MECH

OMFG!!!!!!!!!!!