Sponsored by:

HIN EMERGENCY!!!-Need Amuse bumper install help

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2008, 08:38 PM
z350boy
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default HIN EMERGENCY!!!-Need Amuse bumper install help

I am finishing my Z for HIN June 21. My body shop is having a hard time fitting my Amuse bumper with the diffuser. Has anyone had the Amuse bumper AND diffuser installed??? How was it done??? Need help ASAP. Pics would really help. I sent them some of the pics from this sight but that isn't helping them. Need help from my fellow Z bros. Car is going in next week and any help would be appreciated!!
Old 06-13-2008, 09:00 PM
Zivman

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by z350boy
I am finishing my Z for HIN June 21. My body shop is having a hard time fitting my Amuse bumper with the diffuser. Has anyone had the Amuse bumper AND diffuser installed??? How was it done??? Need help ASAP. Pics would really help. I sent them some of the pics from this sight but that isn't helping them. Need help from my fellow Z bros. Car is going in next week and any help would be appreciated!!

Don't know what you sent them, but I would assume it was the following. If they can't figure it out from that, I would question their competency.

Originally Posted by ShineAutoProject
The carbon/black look you are referring to is actually the front lip diffuser I listed as "coming soon."

We received the Amuse front lip diffuser (white) from Japan a couple of months ago and were puzzled about why we couldn't get the damn thing to fit. We tried test fitting it on an original Amuse bumper as well..... same results.

Not too long ago, our staff in Japan contacted Amuse and told them we had trouble getting the front lip diffuser to fit correctly. I was later faxed a diagram showing that the bumper had to be CUT on the ends about 5cm up! That explained everything. Now the problem is...... Are you guys READY to CUT your bumper to install this damn thing?? If not, then there's no point in producing it. We've tried to come up with a solution to see if we can get away with not cutting the bumper. However, we realized that without cutting the bumper, the setup would not be ideal... the lip would fit too LOW to the ground being that it's low already.

All that has to be cut is around the bottom edge of the sides of the bumper ... 5cm up. I drew a red line indicating approximately what has to be cut. It's not that bad actually. We would be more than happy to be the guinea pig if you guys are interested.

Now. What I need to know is .... Who is interested in the front lip diffuser (will only work with Amuse front bumper)? And who is willing to cut their bumper to make it work? This is the only way we can determine if there is a market for such an item.

Interest List:

Old 06-14-2008, 02:54 AM
rx7/350z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

copycat! GL
Old 06-14-2008, 08:07 AM
leeboyNY
Kimchi Eater

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You have to trim the bottom sides of the Amuse bumper in order to fit the diffuser correctly.

https://my350z.com/forum/showpost.ph...&postcount=130

Last edited by leeboyNY; 06-14-2008 at 08:19 AM.
Old 06-14-2008, 12:17 PM
haeshik

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

a member by name of TheShaddix got it done and its one of the nicest i've seen
https://my350z.com/forum/showthread....se+bumper+pics
Old 06-14-2008, 09:56 PM
z350boy
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks to everyone for the help!!!!