Sponsored by:

GT Wings Installed!

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2003, 06:35 AM
ACEMAN
Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by jimster716
LOL...when i read 350ZTwinTurbo's post my first thought was to find the Road Runner wing and lo and behold there it is.

I absolutely love the Ings +1 N-Spec low mount wing.
I agree, this is a nice looking wing. Whats the price on this one??

Later
Aceman
Old 08-01-2003, 10:09 AM
MATIX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by aceman
I agree, this is a nice looking wing. Whats the price on this one??

Later
Aceman
We've got this wing in wet carbon for $1735, or in dry carbon for $2980 (only weighs 2.6kg) If you guys are interested, send me a PM and i'll give you a discount
-Colin
Old 08-01-2003, 03:34 PM
PhoenixINX

Originally posted by MATIX
We've got this wing in wet carbon for $1735, or in dry carbon for $2980 (only weighs 2.6kg) If you guys are interested, send me a PM and i'll give you a discount
-Colin
OMFG?!?!?!?

LOL... $1700+ for a CF wing???? Geeeeeeeeez

... to each it their own I suppose?
Old 08-01-2003, 03:54 PM
john0213

am i the only that thinks the low wing should be painted instead of just black or carbon fiber colour?
Old 08-02-2003, 12:06 PM
Acree

eh..u guys got me there... the roadrunner IMO is one of the ugliest cars to ever go down the road but man.... it OWNED everything at oval track. anyways... this is wut i mean by a classy spolier... like the Z OEM spoliers... ladies and gentlemen... a 1968 Chevy Camaro....

Old 08-03-2003, 08:38 AM
jimster716

Originally posted by 350ZTwinTurbo
eh..u guys got me there... the roadrunner IMO is one of the ugliest cars to ever go down the road but man.... it OWNED everything at oval track. anyways... this is wut i mean by a classy spolier... like the Z OEM spoliers... ladies and gentlemen... a 1968 Chevy Camaro....

that is a clean spoiler on a sweet car. The debate will continue on with spoilers...form vs. function. I was watching an interview with John Coletti, head of Ford SVT, and he was explaining how the high spoiler on the SVT Cobra R was designed at the Lockheed wind tunnel for maximum downforce with minimum drag to combat rear end lift at speeds over 150mph. But then you see NASCAR stock cars with deck spoilers which serve the same purpose.

I love the low mount INGS +1 wing enough that if i had $2k to throw around, i would get it. Some may call me rice but i think rice is using a wing on a car that has nothing else, painting the rear drums (yes it is as hideous as you would think), windshield fluid squirter lights, etc, etc. I don't even think fart cans with big tips are rice...just import style that Japanese tuners prefer...no one ever said the Japanese had to follow domestic style on Japanese performance and judging by the popularity of import tuning, who's to say who is right?

Painting a carbon fiber wing is a matter of preference. I have a black car so i would probably like to keep the carbon fiber exposed. But to each his own.