Sponsored by:

NISMO KIT and STEREO

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2003, 09:21 AM
djkern
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by My_Tampa_Z
Looks beautiful! Please post more pics of the Wing, especially one directly from the side (not at an Angle). Been looking for some good pictures of NISMO wing on SS. Is this kit NISMO or replica?
replica. why spend the money on a real one when this one is perfectly fine? (well, that's my opinion...also, i got this one for super cheap since i was working with the vendor ages ago). save more money for "go fast" mods. the guy who put this one said it was an awesome fit and the kit was great (but, the sideskirts were a little off and he had to do some work on them).
Old 08-14-2003, 09:21 AM
350z-z33

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by djkern
he's kidding. he made my sidemarkers for me. they each have 2 strips of LED lights in them. one for the turn signal, one for the parking light. they are really nice...he did a great job on them!
NOW I SEE THEM
Old 08-14-2003, 01:35 PM
ZLuva

I can't see them can we get some close-ups of them? Peeze!?
Old 08-14-2003, 01:49 PM
djkern
Banned

Originally posted by ZLuva
I can't see them can we get some close-ups of them? Peeze!?
https://my350z.com/forum/showthread....threadid=30111

here's a link to the other thread that had the sidemarkers and the inside of the engine bay.

this is before i had the nismo kit and the stereo done...so, the car has just the springs on it. also, the front has the other grill on it (which i am selling if anyone wants!!).

enjoy!

djk
Old 08-14-2003, 01:52 PM
ZLuva

Thanks. Does he have any instructions on how to do it? Or are you keeping the wealth to yourself?
Old 08-14-2003, 01:57 PM
djkern
Banned

ares....contact zluva!!

he just had a bunch of LED's put in the stock reflector. Holes drilled. LED's installed (i think it was silicon and something used...to keep it water tight). and they were all connected to the same wire. all in all...it was a great job...and they add a little touch to the car....even though i wish they were aluminum reflectors with LED's in them. maybe i'll have to have a set of those as well!! and a set of the z4 lookalike side emblem LEDs (not the ones with the 3 little LED's in the z. the one that has the LED's around the whole side emblem! those are sweet!
Old 08-14-2003, 09:40 PM
MY350Z.COM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by 350z-z33
Which side marker are you refering to? I cann't see them in those pictures.
They mean the reflectors up front made by ares. They are really nice. You should get some.
Old 08-15-2003, 12:12 PM
MSGarrett1

djkern, sweet looking ride. If you don't mind me asking, where did you buy your NISMO kit and where did you get it painted? Did you have the same shop that painted your plastic parts inside your engine bay paint the kit, and how much did they charge to do it?

This is the next step for my ride . . . a NISMO rear wing and a sweet looking engine bay.
Old 08-15-2003, 01:20 PM
djkern
Banned

Originally posted by MSGarrett1
djkern, sweet looking ride. If you don't mind me asking, where did you buy your NISMO kit and where did you get it painted? Did you have the same shop that painted your plastic parts inside your engine bay paint the kit, and how much did they charge to do it?

This is the next step for my ride . . . a NISMO rear wing and a sweet looking engine bay.
the inside parts and the nismo kit were all done at the same place (it's a place in watertown....right outside of boston called perfection auto). the guy there, steve, works with the tuneup shop that i take my car to...so, he gets my stuff done super quick. the parts inside the car were 100 bucks. the body kit...for all the sanding and fixing (few chips here and there, and a whole lot of fixing of the side skirts...took him like 4 days to do the whole thing)....it all came to about 800. that included the install, the painting, the fixing of the kit....and the detailing of the car afterwards! but, it came out nice...i'm happy with it. i got the kit at kcaero in canada. i worked with them a while back and set up a group buy. initially it was through bavaria....but they bailed on me after i send them my group buy. so, kcaero, their manufacturer, picked me up. i started sending people there...and eventually got a kit from them. got it super cheap since i sent them a lot of business. but, they aren't too reliable. i got it months later, it was shipped all over the country...and came without certian holes drilled....and little imperfections here and there that steve at the paint shop had to fix. so, all in all, it works....but i wish the whole procedure was a little smoother.
Old 10-03-2003, 06:27 PM
Vash

djkern , this is Kenwood X869 or X969, right? Is any wrong with this head unit? and Which deck kit you are using? Cuz' I am looking to buy a X869. Thanks
Old 10-03-2003, 07:20 PM
djkern
Banned

Originally posted by Vash
djkern , this is Kenwood X869 or X969, right? Is any wrong with this head unit? and Which deck kit you are using? Cuz' I am looking to buy a X869. Thanks
it's the 969...i'm having some issues with it at the moment. i think i am going to send it back and get the Alpine CDA-7998 (much better sound quality). also, i am redoing my stereo. check my signature....this project will be done when i take the car off the road for the winter (nazar is going to be putting together a custom stereo for me)
Old 10-03-2003, 09:16 PM
Vash

I know most of people recommand Alpine over Kenwood for sound quality. But I think this X969/x869 looks better. (I know it is a CD player, sound quality should always the 1st pirority). And this HU cost all most the as same as a Alpine 9815 too. So do you suggest I go for Alpine other kenwood X869/x969?
BTW, is any problem with your X969's motorized pandel open and close with the deck kit you have? is it Metra Kit? thanks
Old 10-03-2003, 09:29 PM
djkern
Banned

I know most of people recommand Alpine over Kenwood for sound quality. But I think this X969/x869 looks better. (I know it is a CD player, sound quality should always the 1st pirority). And this HU cost all most the as same as a Alpine 9815 too. So do you suggest I go for Alpine other kenwood X869/x969?
BTW, is any problem with your X969's motorized pandel open and close with the deck kit you have? is it Metra Kit? thanks
i am going to go for the Alpine CDA-7998 as the head unit. i already have the dvd player (there is no dash kit...that's all custom done).

yeah, the kenwood looks better with the two faces that flip down and out....but, i'm gonna go for some quality. this stereo is great...it really hasn't been a problem...just some minor annoying stuff...but, you have many more options with the alpine unit. nothing wrong with the motors or anything. more like problems with it shutting off on its own, erasing the preset channels on it's own...doing annoying crap like that. i've had it looked at...and it's installed perfectly. nothing wrong at all. i think i just got a lemon! haha.

Alpine CDA-9815 - $500 retail
Alpine CDA-7998 - $800 retail

Kenwood Excelon KDC-X969 - $600 retail
Kenwood Excelon KDC-X869 - $480 retail

yes, there are many places online to get these for less money (just make sure you go for ones that aren't refurbished!)

but, check out this alpine...it's incredible!

http://www.crutchfield.com/cgi-bin/S...=0&cc=01&avf=N

for what i'm putting in the car...i'd rather have the quality. this is going to be one sick set up! i'll post pics when the whole thing is done. i'm anxious to get it started...but, i gotta wait till it's off the road!
Old 10-03-2003, 11:22 PM
Vash

[B]iproblems with it shutting off on its own, erasing the preset channels on it's own...doing annoying crap like that. i've had it looked at...and it's installed perfectly. nothing wrong at all. i think i just got a lemon! haha.
Sounds like your HU's power circuit has has problem.

Thank for your opinion.
Old 10-04-2003, 07:23 AM
djkern
Banned

Sounds like your HU's power circuit has has problem.

Thank for your opinion.
yeah....that's what i figured. just something minor in it that's haking it go nuts sometimes. haha.

anyway, it's a great stereo...i have no complaints. it's got a lot of features and functions. the alpine just has more.

i would have sold you mine if it was 100%.
Old 10-06-2003, 04:22 PM
john350Z

hey djkern,

how well was the fit of the replica nismo rear pieces for the bumper?

wan there much to prep when fitting?

-john350z
Old 10-06-2003, 04:34 PM
djkern
Banned

Originally posted by john350Z
hey djkern,

how well was the fit of the replica nismo rear pieces for the bumper?

wan there much to prep when fitting?

-john350z
it was iffy. underneath could have been better. overall....once it was installed...it worked out great. but, the fittment could have been a tad better (if you are picky). but, they look good.

i think the shop that did the final sanding and touch-up and painting had to heat up a few places since it all shifted a tad when it was shipped. but, he said it wasn't too tough of a job
Old 10-06-2003, 04:58 PM
EnthuZiast
Guess whose back, back again...

Kit looks sweet...how much does it cost to install/paint Nismo spoiler?
Old 10-06-2003, 06:05 PM
djkern
Banned

Originally posted by EnthuZiast
Kit looks sweet...how much does it cost to install/paint Nismo spoiler?
really depends on the shop you go to. the shop i went to had to sand the whole kit....fix up a few spots that had chipped during shipping (remember, i have the fiberglass replica kit), and warm up and twist back the side skirts that had twisted in the mail. then, he had to paint the whole thing and install it. i think total, it was $700 or so for the whole kit.