Ne1 with Nose Mask ???

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2003, 08:00 AM
ZEXC-33

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ne1 with Nose Mask ???

Has ne1 bought a nose mask for their Z?

http://www.courtesyparts.com/Merchan...ode=350Z-NSMSK

Do u have pics with it fitted? I really want to c how tight it fits. Also, is the material leather or vinyl?

Im interested in buying one for those long country or freeway trips. The local place that makes these car bras would charge about $300 for a full leather bra like that, making courtesy nissan's ask of around $170 Aus quite reasonable.
Old 05-23-2003, 08:29 AM
all_bark

I got one and yes it fits very well.

made of vinyl.

I also use it on long drives/trips and it keeps the bugs out of the paint.

Also - If it gets wet, take it off, it will dull/haze the paint if it is left on the car when wet.
Old 05-23-2003, 10:58 AM
Zforever

Buy Colgan Bra. It's a two piece which allows to open hood without removing bra. Very tight fit, hard to install first time, but a breeze after it sits in the sun for a while. Happy with it, but remember if caught in the rain, remove ASAP and let paint breath, it could damage paint if left wet for a while. My two cents.
Old 05-23-2003, 03:23 PM
Westby

aye I would have to agree with the colgan. Looks pretty good actually. I have the "carbon fiber" one (had no choice only one in stock and I was going to pick up the car and drive it back from NC to FL) Actually I think it looks better than the norm ( doesn't really look like cf ) Definatly good idea for roadtrips. Colgan Bra at StrictlyZ
Old 05-23-2003, 03:53 PM
harryw

Sam, I have ordered the Nissan nose mask (hopefully I can still get the car to go with it!).

Anyway, the only hassle (and I only thought of it yesterday) is the Oz models have those ugly black number plate holders on the bumper. We'd have to take the moulding off (I think) and attach the number plate to the grill. I think so anyway?

What do you think?

H
Old 05-23-2003, 05:00 PM
zcar70

Default OEM Nissan mask is nice!

I use the Nissan Nose Mask. It fits great, very tight, no flapping at all. It is much easier to install in the sun when the vinyl softens up a bit. Does a great job of protecting the front of the car.

My 2centz!
Old 05-23-2003, 06:48 PM
randihope

Default Does nosemask reaaly have to be removed

I just got my nosemask put on yesterday by the dealer. Does it really have to be removed after it rains??? How difficult is it to get on & off?

Randi
Old 05-23-2003, 10:14 PM
ZEXC-33

harry ur right that plastic bracket will interfere with the bra.

It shouldnt b a problem tho, im planning on flinging the bracket and having the front bumper patched up and resprayed. Im then gonna have a small custom plate made out of corflu (i think thats how u spell it), with white lettering stuck on top.

My dad did the same thing on the 360, had his sign writer make up some fake numberplates. The letters glow at nite so u wont get hassled by cops. U can it in the pic below.....thats just a trade plate he had made, but u can c how small it is. We registered the car in QLD.
Attached Thumbnails Ne1 with Nose Mask ???-ferrari07.jpg  
Old 05-23-2003, 10:22 PM
ZEXC-33

just checked out the Colgan thanks to ur replies. Im impressed, really like the idea of the extra piece on the hood, always thought the bonnet may still cop stone chips since its so low and angled.

Just quickly tho, is the Colgan leather?? Also, do the mirror bras come with the package available on strictlyZ??

Oh and harry, if ur gonna leave the bracket on, id suggest getting a custom bra made here in Aus. But seriously, just hack the bracket off, its stuck on with double sided tape. The screws holes in the bumper will b used again when u fit the plate back on to the bumper. U could pad the rear of the plate with some double sided tape so it doesnt scratch.
Old 05-24-2003, 06:15 AM
randihope

Ok. I got so nervous about paint fading that Itook the nose guard off & will keep it for long trips. I am totally obsessed with this car. I also had a 240Z & 280Z. This is my favorite. Thanks for all of the good advice
randi
Black/Black Touring
"I'd rather live to regret, than regret to live"
Old 05-24-2003, 07:48 AM
RacerX

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I bought the Colgan Bra from Strictly Z. The bra is vinyl. There are two models, one for cars with the front plate and one for cars without. I ones with a plate are for license plates in the US. I think your plates are wider.

The mirror bras are extra. The fit is excellent and after the first time you put it on it goes on very easily and quickly. It's a good idea to put it on on a hot day the first time to make it easier for the bra to stretch. The instructions that come with it aren't specifically for a Z so it takes just a little figuring out to get it on the first time.
Old 05-24-2003, 08:02 AM
Drumtemp

Thumbs up

Yes to the Colgan bra!
Very difficult during the initial install, but after the bra sits in the sun for awhile, instructions read, and reread several times, went on without a problem.
One downside (I think): I wanted to put a Grille Tech grill, or similar, on the front to keeps bugs and small rocks off of the radiator, but because of the grill straps on the bra there'd be no way to fasten them. The instructions for the Colgan mention a front grill net, but doesn't apply to 350Z. Oh well....
Old 05-25-2003, 05:47 PM
Qbnmissile

Here's a pic for ya. I posted this earlier, but here ya go. As mentioned in other replies, the initial installination was a royal PITA. I actually gave up trying to read the instructions and figured out hoe the bra fits on by looking at the straps and hooks and so on. Now, I can have the bra on in under 3 minutes. Helps plenty when I'm on long cruises, and no chips on the front end. Way worth the money and beats the crap of of the clear 3M bras ($$$$$$). Enjoy
Attached Thumbnails Ne1 with Nose Mask ???-shot1.jpg  
Old 05-25-2003, 05:48 PM
Qbnmissile

Another...
Attached Thumbnails Ne1 with Nose Mask ???-shot2.jpg  
Old 05-25-2003, 05:48 PM
Qbnmissile

And a last one
Attached Thumbnails Ne1 with Nose Mask ???-shot3.jpg  
Old 05-26-2003, 06:52 AM
ZEXC-33

that actually looks quite good Qbnmissile.

Appears to fit very tight, which shouldnt damage the paint from buffering. I know how hard it would be to fit it the first time, most car bras r like that, tho the leather ones stretch a little more.

I like the look, but im still a bit hesitant about it being vinyl. Im worried it wont b durable and that cracks in the material may appear after constantly having to stretch it over the bumper. Im going to get a price from our local car bra maker who specializes in custom leather, and compare it to what i can order and have delivered the Colgan from strictly z. My last bra from them cost $700 (about 340 US) for my Alfa, but i ordered a full length write up to windscreen and the front end on the Alfa was quite tricky with my bodykit.

Thanks again for posting pics
Old 05-26-2003, 11:19 AM
Stilyle

I have the Nissan Bra. I didn't put the piece on the hood due to
the fact that I have the 3M on a quarter of the hood and around
half the front fenders. IMO the Nissan Bra looks better then the
Colgan due to the fact that the Nissan Bra wraps around the front
fenders instead of just following the lines on the front fascia.

Will post picks before weeks end to show you all the difference.
Old 05-26-2003, 05:22 PM
ZEXC-33

oooo so many options.

can u post pics Stiyle????
Old 05-26-2003, 05:35 PM
randihope

After hearing about paint fading, I took the mask off and will only use it on long trips.I would totally freak if I saw anything wrong with this car!!
Randi
Black/Black----I want to marry this Car!!!
Old 05-26-2003, 09:11 PM
Stilyle

Originally posted by ZEXC-33
oooo so many options.

can u post pics Stiyle????
I'll post some pics in a few days when I get a little bit of time.

Quick Reply: Ne1 with Nose Mask ???