Notices
Exterior & Interior 350Z Body modification, interior styling and lighting
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What lip kit is this? (de-ricing inside)

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2008, 11:08 PM
bseries_ben

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What lip kit is this? (de-ricing inside)

Long story short (please lmk if there is a newbie forum as I looked and could not find one and I apologize for this being my 1st post) I recently was involved in an accident that was not my fault and will be getting a large sum of money to compensate me for my car which was totaled and for my injuries I sustained during the crash. With this money, I am considering purchasing a 350z as they have always been a dream car of sorts and now I'm in a position to get one. I need your help however, because I found a potential car at a local dealership but can't seem to find out what lip kit/spoiler is on it and am wondering if they are going to be easily removable or if I'm going to be looking at a new front bumper/trunk lid to get it back to oem hotness.

here are some pics of the kit and wing.

i'm wondering 3 things:

1.) what lip kit/wing it is?
2.) if they are going to be worth anything if i were to remove and sell them
3.) if they are going to be easily removable

TIA

Ben
Old 12-08-2008, 12:44 AM
Z04

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

honestly, that car doesn't look bad at all. clean and not too extreme.
Old 12-08-2008, 03:55 AM
RandyK1

The lip, sides and rear is Kaminari. The kit will come off easy, only 3m tape and a few screws. If you dont like the way it looks now, change it. It looks good like it is. I dont know what kind of wing it is. After you take the front and rear lip add on off the car the front and rear bumper will be back to OEM, you will have to buy new sides though as those sides replace the OEM sides. You can find OEM sides for under $150 in the used parts thread.

Last edited by RandyK1; 12-08-2008 at 03:59 AM.
Old 12-08-2008, 04:54 AM
Z04

the rear spoiler looks like a veilside V1. also will depends on how that front lip was mounted and the condition of the front bumper with it off. you might end up paying extra to get it repaired/repainted.
Old 12-08-2008, 05:19 AM
genegoesfast

just change the wheels to something with the correct offset/not lame and you'll be in good shape.
Old 12-08-2008, 05:39 AM
lgear080

agreed, nice car. stay away from frost interior imo.

remove all frp items.
Old 12-08-2008, 07:24 AM
bseries_ben

thanks everybody for correctly identifying the kit and wing! after searching with what you guys said i have confirmed that the wing is a veilside v1 and lip kit is kamanari as mentioned as well, and both the wing and lip kit look like they will definitely be able to be sold for a decent amount. i don't think it looks terrible but it's a little much for my taste and i will probably end up removing everything and replacing it with a nismo front lip, oem sides and possibly a rear diffuser and go wingless. it's an '03 for sale with a turbonetics bolt on turbo kit, aps intake manifold and some other goodies with 30k on the clock for $19k. i'm going to look at it again today and take it to my buddy's shop and throw it up on a lift and check the compression/leakdown and drive it make sure it's in good shape and i might pull the trigger on it so look for a couple parts off of her for sale soon!

thanks again everybody,

Ben