Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2004 Base model, keyless entry?

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2008, 08:00 PM
eesnas

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2004 Base model, keyless entry?

I don't have remotes with my 2004 Base model, I believe I read it is standard equipped on all models. I am thinking I just need the remote, can anyone tell me if these will work and maybe a loose idea of the programming steps?

Thanks

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/03-04...Q5fAccessories

Was also thinking of one of these
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2003-...Q5fAccessories
Old 12-13-2008, 04:32 AM
Dr. Venture

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

just get a remote and to program it i believe you put the key in the ignition in and out like 7 times. (make love to the ignition with the key)

The lights i think will flash and then you hit the lock/unlock buttons and if i remember correctly that should program the remote.

I haven't done this in a long time, but i have the paper somewhere that tells you how, and i maybe wrong but im sure someone will add more info for you as well.

just get the remote from the dealer it's like 60 bucks i think.
Old 12-13-2008, 07:26 AM
eesnas

Originally Posted by Dr. Venture
just get a remote and to program it i believe you put the key in the ignition in and out like 7 times. (make love to the ignition with the key)
The lights i think will flash and then you hit the lock/unlock buttons and if i remember correctly that should program the remote.

I haven't done this in a long time, but i have the paper somewhere that tells you how, and i maybe wrong but im sure someone will add more info for you as well.

Lol Sounds easy enough...

Thanks!
Old 12-13-2008, 09:23 AM
eesnas

Ok, just went to the dealer

It's a waste of time to type swear words here but I am pissed off...

The guy in the parts dept tell me a remote is ONE HUNDRED AND SIXTY DOLLARS!!! WTF!!?? I dunno, maybe he said $120, but I am almost certain he said $160. Is it made out of gold or something? Come with a *******? WTF, they sell on Ebay for $50 at the highest prices.

Then he told me he is almost certain a 2004 needs to be programmed by their service department through the computer at an additional $50. I left mildly pissed off because I am working all day and just not in the mood to be dicked around with, on my way out a guy asked me if I had snow tires yet and I just wanted to slap him, I'm sure he could sense i was not a happy shopper by my 3 word response with zero break in my stride as I headed for the exit. I need to find a dealership that does not SUCK.

Well, I am assuming my base model has keyless support as I think it is standard on all models.

I just ordered this http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...m=310107252837

So as far as I'm concerned the dealer can stick that ****ing $160 remote up their *** because it's not going in my pocket. I just get pissed when people try to blatantly screw me over.

Last edited by eesnas; 12-13-2008 at 09:27 AM.
Old 12-13-2008, 09:28 AM
Dr. Venture

i have an 03. Im not quite positive how much i paid for mine, but i did get it under my account through my shop with nissan dealership near me.

As far as 04's needing programming if you get the remote i'll find that paper or monday have my connection send me a fax of how to do it again. Im almost 99% + that it's the way i said it is to do it.
Old 12-13-2008, 10:05 AM
eesnas

i have an 03. Im not quite positive how much i paid for mine, but i did get it under my account through my shop with nissan dealership near me.

As far as 04's needing programming if you get the remote i'll find that paper or monday have my connection send me a fax of how to do it again. Im almost 99% + that it's the way i said it is to do it.

Yeah I am pretty sure it's in out 6 times in 10 seconds with the doors locked from the driver side button. Then hold the remote button when the hazzards flash, the instructions are partially written on Ebay ad above.

I just ****ing hate service guys that try to screw me and that was the feeling I had and I am working way to much and my fuse is ****ing short and I just GET PISSED . Whatever, **** them, I bought my remote elsewhere, thank you for the replies
Old 12-13-2008, 10:20 AM
Dr. Venture

Not a problem.