brettrr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Do what I do, turn up the music!
Old 01-12-2009, 08:24 AM
coolblue830

Originally Posted by brettrr
Do what I do, turn up the music!
One noise drowns out the other! Loud annoying passengers work too.
Old 01-12-2009, 08:51 AM
Chebosto
350Z-holic

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

the OP would not like Brick

LOUD NOISES!!!
Old 01-12-2009, 02:25 PM
Done Deal DR

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Old 01-12-2009, 07:27 PM
Subninja
Banned

Default All responses=fail

I like how all the people who couldn't come up with anything worth a crap just said "this thread=fail." How about for future threads you could take into consideration if you don't have anything worth saying just don't post. The only person who had anything decent to say was this guy

"look my car was crazy loud too. First Take your entire interior apart. I placed teklite V4 sound absorbing foam on the floors, doors, trunk, wheel wells, everwhere. that made the car 1/2 as loud.

Then I got new tires and alignment. "

So to help you all understand better what I mean I will further explain. I dynomatted the entire trunk. This barely helped. I don't mind my exhaust or engine sound. What bothers me is the "creaking" sound of the rear spring rubber mounts, the sound of rocks hitting the underside of my fender liners, and the way the doors sound "cheap and hollow" when you close them with the windows down. I would gladly add 100lbs of sound dampening material to have a queter ride and this has been one of my constant gripes since buying the car. So to all you lame "thread=fail" guys....thanks for nothing and hopefully when you have a problem someone will say "your problem+my constructive critism=not going to happen."

"But doctor she has cancer and she is my little girl."
"Sorry Mr. Person....life+your daughter=fail"
Old 01-12-2009, 07:29 PM
Subninja
Banned

Default Found this!

Here is a link for the stuff I found. I will let you all know how this turns out.

http://store.bluecygnet.com/2-110422...e_20Sq_Ft.html
Old 01-12-2009, 08:05 PM
Chebosto
350Z-holic

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Subninja
So to help you all understand better what I mean I will further explain. I dynomatted the entire trunk. This barely helped. I don't mind my exhaust or engine sound. What bothers me is the "creaking" sound of the rear spring rubber mounts, the sound of rocks hitting the underside of my fender liners, and the way the doors sound "cheap and hollow" when you close them with the windows down.
interesting.. since in your original post:

They gave me a Cobalt for a rental and the thing is so quiet inside. I have put dyno matt completely in the trunk but there are is still a lot of noise in the cabin. Any suggestions without going back to a stock exhasut (hks, hi-flow cat, headers).
said NOTHING of the creaking sound of the spring mounts, nor anything about the sounds of rocks hitting your fender liners, or how the doors sound. all we had to infer from your original post was that since you had an after market exhaust system, you were annoyed with the sound that it makes, which inherently WILL increase sound due to the design of the said parts.. had you said something in the lines of what can i use to get rid of road noise from rocks or spring /suspension travel you might have gotten different answers.

but instead your original post lead members to believe you can't stand exhaust noises and that was "teh fail" at that. maybe next time be a little more detailed.

but if you really thing a cobalt interior is teh awesomeness, more power to you. i'd take a spring popping, clanking' modded Z anyday. just turn up the music. unce unce unce unce
Old 01-13-2009, 11:12 AM
Subninja
Banned

Default Stupid

Okay Chebosto.....that is probably why I added the second post...to elaborate on the problem. I guess my original post was misleading but there is no way I would sell the car for a cobalt. The only car I would get over the Z is the new Z or an Evo 9. I am just tired of all the stupid smart *** responses of "thread=fail." It doesn't add anything to the discussion and just shows that all you really want is attention and not to help someone with a legitimate question. Another thing that annoys me is telling someone to use the search button. I am sure that they did and that is the reason they are asking the question. If all you have to say is "stupid noob" or "before you start a thread try using the search button" then just don't post anything. On the other hand if you have anything that could help the problem or add to the overall body of the discussion then by all means. Here is an old saying maybe some of you guys should quote "If you don't have anything nice to say don't say anything at all.

But back to the whole point of this thread. I love the car but it has a little to much cabin noise for long commutes. If anyone has any real suggestions then I am all ears.