Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2003, 12:26 PM
jazzfest

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help!!!

well I replaced the amber light bulb in the headlight with a crome bulb. ( it looks good) and I was trying to replace the parking light with a hyper white bulb but when I put the bulb back in the socket it fell out and went into the headlight. I was wondering if anyone had this problem or how should I go about getting the bulb out of the headlight.
Old 08-29-2003, 01:48 PM
jelledge

Default Idea for you

So is there an empty hole where the bulb is now?

If so you can get one of those long flexible parts grabbers used for working on cars. It is like a 2-3ft long skinny flexible steel rod that has a button on one end and the other end has a claw gripper. When the button is pushed it opens and closes the claw gripper. It is really flexible and won't break. Might work if you can get it into the headlight area.

You should be able to find these at most auto parts stores.

If that does not work or the bulb is out of reach, try getting a very strong speaker magnet and put it against the headlight lens next to the loose bulb (put a paper towel or something in between so not to scratch the headlight). Since the socket on the bulb is probably steel you might be able to magnetically pull the bulb up to the head light rear section where you could grab it.

Good luck
Old 08-29-2003, 03:22 PM
jazzfest

Well the bulb is still inside the headlight and I can't see it. I don't know where it is. Im wondering if I can just keep it in there and put the stock bulb back in it. I thought it would roll around the headlight but I don't think its doing that...yet. It must be stuck in the front of the HL. I guess worst thing I can do is take the headlight out or something.