Notices
Exterior & Interior 350Z Body modification, interior styling and lighting

My Clear bra Problem.

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2003 | 10:09 PM
jbjam02

Default My Clear bra Problem.

I just paid to have a guy install a clear bra on my car and the job is less than exceptable. There are streaks of bunched up plastic and some small bubbles. There aren’t many bubbles at all though, the main problem is thicker parts of plastic that show being I have a black car.

I took my car to another shop for a second opinion and the guy said what happened is they got air bubbles and tried to flatten them out but bunched the plastic together and ruined it. I went back to the shop to complain and the owner is “out for the week and wont be back till Monday”.
After he finished the job he told me the swirls would dry out after a few days and I believed him being a sucker … Is it because I have a black car or did the guy just really suck?, and if so I don’t really want to have him reinstall it again.. I paid 900$ total did I get suckered?? Any comments or suggestions on what to do, anyone else with a black car have a bra installed?.

- Thanks
Old 09-05-2003 | 01:17 AM
wren57
Banned

All I can say is if you used credit card you can always just undo payment or whatever its called...
Old 09-05-2003 | 05:11 PM
N74DV

did you say $900??!!!

I paid $350 for mine installed and he did a beautiful job. It's been 8 months since then and it's holding up very well.

I think you got ripped!

If you used a credit card you really ought to dispute the charge.
Old 09-06-2003 | 09:35 AM
Zep

Default Wait, it improves

My clear bra install was much the same as yours--looked like bloodly hell at first. If it's water that is trapped, that will resolve on it's own. An air bubble will not, according to my installer. My issues were water, not air, trapped from the install, and there were plenty of them. All disappeared with time. Weeks, not days.... Completely clear now.

Might take more than a month for the finish to clear completely, depending on the temp. Leave your car in the sun if you can.
Old 09-09-2003 | 09:46 AM
zand02max
350Z-holic
Premier Member

I have had my bra for 3 months, got the full bra, mirrors, and headlights done by the dealer for $500.00

The streaks, the dealer said would go away after a few weeks. Well I have had mine for 90 days and the streaks are still there. The installer said my car needed to be in the sun all day. Mine sat in the garage instead. so it could be my fault, but I have a garage and I am going to use it.

Needless to say, they are re-installing the front piece on the hood.

I would also check the lines where they cut the clear bra. My dealer razor bladed my entire front end, headlights, and both mirrors.

Total Cost to the dealer $2500.00
Old 09-09-2003 | 10:05 AM
mdelia

Where did you have your install done jbjam? I had mine done at ClearBra of Oregon, and had some issues with the install (stretch marks of the material). I brought the car in for them to look at it, and they said "lets set up an appointment to get this fixed." A week later I had a brand new install of the hood and front bumper sections that looked better the day I got it then the previous install was the day I brought it in.

I also paid 675 (normally 750, I got a deal on it) for the install.

you shouldn't have bunched up material at all, that's for sure.
Old 09-09-2003 | 02:50 PM
jbjam02

Ahh thanks for advice guys.. Been moving to a new apartment so just got Inet again... Mdelia going to PM you, where exactly is ClearBRA of Oregon. I think I got ripped off; I called the guy today and he told me the imperfections are in the actual plastic itself. I told him I had gone to another shop (which I did) and they told me he got air and stuff stuck in the plastic and while trying to smear it out he ruined it.. I want to simply go to a reputable shop and have the whole thing redone, is it legal for me to deny him payment on my CC and do that??

Funny thing when I called on the phone I asked for the owner and he said 'no hes not here can I take a message', and when I told him my name he was 'John whats up buddy, sorry im just trying to avoide a person' hmmmmm makes one wonder... lol, the guy's assistant blew me off for a whole week saying the owner was out at a wedding and he couldnt make a decision about my car... And his out of town dates just happen to be long enough so I would be back in oregon and not in santa barbara

Last edited by jbjam02; 09-09-2003 at 02:58 PM.